Honored Contributor

I watched the last program this morning, and it makes me sad. I know in the grand scheme of things it is unimportant, but I have watched that show every Sun. Morning for as long as I can remember. It was the one show I always recorded. It was a civilized, informative program, with hosts that I enjoy listening to, and respect. I know all businesses have to make hard decisions, I get it, but I will miss this show. Any other fans out there ?🏉⚾️🎾🏑🎿⛸🏐

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I've been a fan for eons as well. Going to miss it! Those folks were quality...professionals...interesting. ESPN has taken some drastic steps lately due to their decrease in subscriber numbers. Don't know if all the decisions were the best choice. Some guys were let go immediately but then asked to stay on and cover one last game/match, etc. That is awkward!

Honored Contributor

Re: Sports Reporters

[ Edited ]

I used to enjoy watching the Sports Reporters when D. Schaap was the moderator....and enjoyed it when John Sanders took it over. I enjoyed Mitch Albom, Bob Ryan and some of the other regular panelists as they discussed various sports topics...... I guess the Sports Reporters original premise has passed as time went by, along with a decline in real sports jouranlism. Today's audiences prefer more "entertainment ", and producers and panelists favor pushing their favorite non-sports related "agendas' ........... 

I think the show jumped the shark after Sanders passed away and Mike Lupica was put in charge and he and William Rhoden and a few others turned it to more of Meet The Press instead of a sports show....that's when I turned the channel and no longer watched.........JMHO!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I haven't watched since the originals were on.

All the great sports reporters and columnists have retired or are gone now.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

Re: Sports Reporters

[ Edited ]

They would rather have the likes of Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless (now at Fox w/Shannon Sharpe) yell at us rather than a civilized discussion.

Hopefully the relaunched E:60 w/Jeremy Schaap will be a worthy replacement.

Bob Ryan still appears on Around the Horn and as fill-in host for PTI.