Honored Contributor

The U.S. team overcame a four point deficit to beat the European team. Although I was rooting for the European team (specifcally Azahara Munoz & Sandra Gal), I was happy the U.S. team won after the controversy earlier in the day. I felt really bad for Alison Lee but I'm glad it worked out. While Suzann Petterson's actions were within the rules, they were outside the spirit of the game which is all about sportsmanship.

Respected Contributor

Didn't see anything so I have no clue what was going on, but yay we won!

Honored Contributor

Hi Reba

The Solheim Cup is a women's golf challenge between the U.S. and Europe and is played in match play format.

One of the matches pitted Brittany Lincicome & Alison Lee for the U.S. vs Suzann Pettersen & Charley Hull for Europe. On the 17th hole Alison missed a putt that went past the hole by about 18". Normally, the other team would have conceded this putt. Suzann was about 30 yards away and Charley started walking towards her. Alison thought she heard someone say the putt was conceded so she mistakenly picked her ball up. Suzann saw this and told the official they did not concede the putt. The official awarded the hole to Europe. Suzann could have let the faux go, but she didn't.

No less than Dame Laura Davies, a hall of fame golfer from England, condemned Suzann's actions adding she was glad she wasn't on this year's team.

Suzann has since apologized for her actions.