Super Contributor

Sorry about your Cardinals.  I am with the fellow Mets fan.  I am sad but more sad for them.  They are such a great team of guys. We were in 1st place most of the season and last weeken against the Braves, wow.  When does spring training start?

Valued Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   I know how you are feeling because Cardinal Nation and Red Sox Nation

both have their  heartrates, blood pressure, smile lines and tear ducts directly connected to the daily box score.  

While you guys have a couple of big shoes to fill next year, you are only a couple of pieces away from being right back knocking on the door.

I have adopted the Cleveland Guardians as my team because they haven't won the World Series since 5 years BEFORE I was born. .....and I need to be carbon dated!

If it should come down to Yankees and Dodgers then I have the rest of the season off.

Since there is no way for both of them to suffer heartbreaking losses, I just won't pay any attention to it at all.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for adopting the Guardians! Welcome aboard, new fan! They're a young, fun team and you'll see genuine joy when they do well. Tito is a great manager!

You're right. Cleveland is aching for a winner, especially after all the drama and heartache the Browns continually give us. Go Guards! 

Respected Contributor

@TerryNJ don't mean to be a poor sport,but I won't watch anymore baseball this yr.dang it,shuda,wouda,couda!

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

I have never been a baseball fan, nor followed it. I do however follow things you post in forums I visit. I played slow pitch softball for a few years, just to be doing something, during my months away from ice hockey.

Don't know how far back you go with the St. Louis Cardinals, but I have a story to tell you. I grew up with my 3 older sisters in Public Housing Projects, my mom raised 4 of us by herself.

The baseball field that they had there, is where my sister liked to play. I would go with her to play catch and pitch to her a little bit.

In the houses close to this baseball field was a kid about my older sister's age, named Bob Gibson. She used to spend hours at that baseball field practicing the game with him.

My wife also worked with Bob's wife for many years at the phone company, US West, which became QWest for many years.

If you don't know who Bob Gibson is? If you are a true St. Louis Cardinals fan, you should look it up.

As far as your team losing? I watched my National Hockey Team favorite lose for 9 years before they finally made it to the Playoff games again. Wasn't the best feeling, but I raced cars, and played a lot of hockey games. Never liked losing, but not many make it through life, sports or otherwise, without losing.  Makes better people out of them, I think, in my decades of experience.

Hope you are doing well,

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn Yes, I know who Bob Gipson is.Your story is very interesting.Losing is always hard to take,but Ill get over it.Thanks for asking