Respected Contributor

1) do you think Pete Carroll (the coach) has just about worn out his welcome?

2) ditto Russel Wilson: he's 30 years old and starting to get hurt. I think he's at his prime now and can't sustain his level of being in shape the way he's been. He's in good shape now but I'm guessing it's getting harder to sustain. And some of his shenanigans are starting to get on the fans' nerves.

What say you all?

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten I'm probably the wrong person to answer as I don't think the Seahawks, Russell Wilson or Pete Carroll can do anything wrong.  I just think they are having one of those figuring out years.  I don't remember what the stats say but before this last injury Russell has never missed a game,  Pete seems to bring out the best of any players even the questionnable ones.  Personally Seattle has had a a few good years with the Mariners & us fans realize that whatever happens win/lose we still are fans & same with the Seahawks as win/lose they are absolutely amazing.  Or could it be that I am biased.  Go hawks!

Honored Contributor

so upset about tonights game......i really needed seattle to win!

it was such a great game to watch though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldnt dare talk bad about the Hawks.  One of my DD's and family live in Seattle and love the Hawks.  She would hear me all the way from Texas.  Sorry they lost.  

Honored Contributor

There's a belief among many in the NFL that coaches have a shelf life. After a certain length of time, the players stop listening to the coach. They've heard the coach's stories and sayings and it all just becomes background noise to them. "Yeah, yeah, yeah whatever." When that happens you either have to change the coach or the players.

Andy Reid was a great coach for the Eagles but after a while, the players tuned him out. The ownership decided it was easier to replace the coach than the players. Has Seattle reached that point? Maybe. With Russell Wilson reportedly wanting out of Seattle it makes it easier to change the players than the coaches there. Trading Wilson and keeping the coaches would focus the remainder of the team a bit more. Would it reset his shelf life or just buy him another year or two? Who knows? 

The Cardinals are now the beast of the NFC West with the Rams behind them. The Niners and Seahawks are in interesting places. The Niners have invested in a kid QB to lead them forward (they hope.) While the Seahawks are trying to make Russell Wilson happy and keep things going well with him. Will either approach work? We'll know more as the season goes on. It could be a pretty interesting offseason for both the Seahawks and Niners. I'm not sure how safe either coach is right now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

so upset about tonights game......i really needed seattle to win!

it was such a great game to watch though.

Sorry, I'm a Steelers fan and was over the moon with the ending.However I was sorry for Geno Smith, watched him all thru college with WVU, and hated to see him face down ,pounding the ground. Geno's getting to looking good, and I hope he wins alot of games, just not against my Steelers. Cheer up. It was a nail biter though.

Trusted Contributor

I think players and coaches both will keep on going until something finally hits them in their mind that it is time to quit!!