Trusted Contributor

Last night the Seattle Mariners lost to the BALTIMORE ORIOLES--the worst team in baseball!

This was after a fisticuffs in the clubhouse earlier in the day. I believe Dee Gordon finally let his frustration with a mistake made by a fellow Mariner,  boil over. Knowing what sissy fight baseball players have, it was probably just a slap fight with some loud swearing, although one of the reporters who glimpsed what was going on saw at least body on the ground.

As far as I'm concerned, if the Mariners can't beat the ORIOLES, their season is OVER. Yet another extension of the 17-year playoff drought by the M's.

Regular Contributor

I saw the title and new immediately that you were talking about the Mariners. Dee is actually the one who made the error on Monday; the ball went off the end of his glove, and it should've been a routine catch. 

I can't figure out why Servais went to the bullpen when LeBlanc had only thrown 67 pitches, and of course the they blew it. 

I agree, their season is done. 

Football is my favorite season.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I read the fisticuffs were between Dee Gordon and Jean Segura, the latter upset because of a routine fly ball the former dropped the night before.  To his credit, Dee politely asked all reporters to leave the clubhouse prior to the fight.

Dee is such a slight man; it seems like he wouldn't fare well in a fight.  Deadspin was sympathetic: "I can't even imagine how many of my co-workers I'd punch if I had to see their stupid faces every single day for seven months at a time."

I guess a real test for the Mariners will be this weekend when they play three vs the Yankees.

Esteemed Contributor

Baseball will break your heart -- fans and pro players alike. But we love the game. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I read the fisticuffs were between Dee Gordon and Jean Segura, the latter upset because of a routine fly ball the former dropped the night before.  To his credit, Dee politely asked all reporters to leave the clubhouse prior to the fight.

Dee is such a slight man; it seems like he wouldn't fare well in a fight.  Deadspin was sympathetic: "I can't even imagine how many of my co-workers I'd punch if I had to see their stupid faces every single day for seven months at a time."

I guess a real test for the Mariners will be this weekend when they play three vs the Yankees.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To your first point: I think Dee Gordon is bigger than he looks. btw, did you see him kiss his biceps when he scored a run recently? I thought that was hilarioous; he wanted his teammates to know he's got guns too.

To your second point regaring the M's playing the Yankees: they'll be toast and their season will be OVAH! (as if it weren't already)

Honored Contributor

well for goodness sakes throw us a bone! ORIOLES fan here......

we are about to hit 100 losses......we are bound to get a win every once in a while.

we are way out of it, but it doesnt stop us from being a spoiler to some teams.

LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

well for goodness sakes throw us a bone! ORIOLES fan here......

we are about to hit 100 losses......we are bound to get a win every once in a while.

we are way out of it, but it doesnt stop us from being a spoiler to some teams

And for pity's sake, the sad-sack Orioles BEAT the Mariners! This is how they get our hopes up and break our hearts and/or infuriate us at the end of the season.  

Honored Contributor

The Mariners are plain bad.  I can not watch them anymore....disappointed.

Honored Contributor

Lats night, they shut-out the Houston Astros 9-0.  And they have the 10th best record in baseball.  So they aren't that bad.  But I get it.  Seattle fans are disappointed this year's team will miss the playoffs yet again.  It is the longest drought in professional sports - 17 years.  Smiley Sad