Honored Contributor

Russian skater Alexandria Trusova

[ Edited ]

She's the best 15 year old skater in the world.  The Russian has been unveiling a new program filled with quads (3 of them) and trixels.  (2 triple axels in one program)  She's also extremely flexible.  Something that American skaters are not very good at.  We have Alysa Liu, the new 15 year old sensation from last year, but she's not flexible.  Not like this.  Interesting skating season to come.  The ladies have become at least even in quads with the men.  Both of them could not compete in the worlds last year because of their age.  They are qualified to do so this year.  She's also famous for her hair.

Absolutely stunning! Russian female skaters present new programs full of quads and trixels

Image result for alexandra trusova hair

Trusted Contributor

Re: Russian skater Alexandria Trusova

A lovely looking and skilled athlete. Looking forward to seeing her skate. I’m sure she’ll be impressive in any competition. 

I think her beautiful long hair needs a little attention. Looks like lots of split ends that need a trim, in that picture, at least. 

Frequent Contributor

I, too, enjoy watching ice skating competitions and will look forward to see her performances.  Ladies figure skating has come so far since days of Dorothy Hamill and earlier (will show my age if I say Sonja Hennie!).

I agree that she does need a trim on those ends and thinking what an ordeal to get her hair washed and dried.  I remember when I had long, thick hair like that.  It was almost an all day affair for my hair.

Valued Contributor

@songbird wrote:

She's the best 15 year old skater in the world.  The Russian has been unveiling a new program filled with quads (3 of them) and trixels.  (2 triple axels in one program)  She's also extremely flexible.  Something that American skaters are not very good at.  We have Alysa Liu, the new 15 year old sensation from last year, but she's not flexible.  Not like this.  Interesting skating season to come.  The ladies have become at least even in quads with the men.  Both of them could not compete in the worlds last year because of their age.  They are qualified to do so this year.  She's also famous for her hair.

Absolutely stunning! Russian female skaters present new programs full of quads and trixels

Image result for alexandra trusova hair

Sasha Trusova is very special and very talented athlete and very adult even by age she is not. Her routine is very complicated but in very last interview yesterday she promise to make even more complicated in actual competitions.

And she told about her hair. She does trimm one time per year but did not do this year yet. 

Honored Contributor

I look forward to seeing her artistry on the ice this season.