Trusted Contributor

Re: Round Two of the NFL PLayoffs!!!

Nick Foles took so much flak this week from the pundits, that when Rich Eisen mentioned this stat today on the NFL Network, Kurt Warner and the others were shocked....and very impressed....

Eisen said that Foles is the first QB in the playoffs in NFL history to have a QB Passer Rating of over 100 in his first two playoff games! Foles did it in his 2013 season playoff game and again yesterday! Congrats!!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The Colts seem to have narrowed the HC search to two candidates: Patriots OC Josh McDaniels and Texans DC Mike Vrabel. The media is thinking McDaniels is first because otherwise Vrabel would have been taken. They have to wait until after the playoffs to hire McDaniels. 

He didn't do very well when he coached Denver a few years ago, but has done well with the Patriots. Have to see how he works with Indy if he is hired after the playoffs. 

I'll be able to watch all the games except for part of the Jaguars-Steelers; have to miss half of that game because I work tomorrow.  

In the first playoff game, the bird is the word! Which bird will have the final word, though: the Falcons or Eagles? I'm expecting that to be close one.  The other game today, not so much, unless they surprise us. 

@teganslaw

It will be interesting to see who the Colts hire.....Josh McDaniels is hot candidate....but will he be successful on other teams....or was he successful because of Brady??? If the Colts hire DC Vrabel I hope Vrabel picks a good solid OC to work with Andrew....The Colts have a franchise QB and they really need to upgrade the O line to keep Andrew healthy....and the front offic needs to give him some real weapons.............

Well the birds won, and the birds lost....and the bird that was the word is THE EAGLES---great game going down to the last play.....The Eagle defense played Julio well........

And as many predicted the other game was a blow-out and the Patriots prevailed.  It will be interesting next season to see what happens with the Pats and the inside squibbling...Im thinking next season the Texans with a healthy Watson and Watt (sounds like a law firm ) could challenge them in the AFC....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

CONGRATULATIONS to the EAGLES and @yellowBeetle and @gardenman and the rest of the Eagle faithful out there.....went down to the last play....good game....

CONGRATS to the Patriot fans...The Titans started out strong and then Beli and coaches made the necessary adjustments  (both offensively/defensively) that made the difference and the Pats won!..The Titans were just over matched and the Patriots got healthy at just the right time..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Jacksonville knocked off Pittsburgh; that team is for real, even with Bortles. I wonder, though, what was Tomlin thinking going  with the onside kick? There were more than 2 minutes left in the game, and the Steelers could have put Jacksonville at the end of the field. The Steelers' defense couldn't stop the Jags, so I don't understand that play. Jacksonville was expecting it, and recovered. That might have been the diference in the game. 

Anyway, I'm hoping Jacksonville can beat NE next week. Bortles has to have a good game to go against Brady. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

GO VIKINGS!  My heart can't take another win like that.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't have much hope for a Steelers win today. I had less faith that the Steelers could take the Pats and their refs. Good luck to the Jag(off)s.  Come on, I didn't want them to beat the Steelers.

Respected Contributor

Why the Steelers didn't use Boswell more when we were in field goal range multiple times.  Dumb!!  

Good Luck to the Jags, I'll be rooting for you next week.

Honored Contributor

that jags steelers game was GREAT!

congrats to the jags and their fans......and thank you.....and i won a bit of money!

it was a good game to watch. i dont know what was going on with the steelers, but they turned on a little too late to make it happen.

the steelers coaching decisions were quite strange......not sure what was going on?

i know who i will be rooting for next week.......come on JAGS!

what has happened to the saints? i was in new orleans last week when they were playing. sitting at pat obriens and having a hurricane or two. the fans were excited. i am sure they are disappointed in this first half......they have done nothing. it has been all vikings.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Rick Domier must be ecstatic that his Vikings won in remarkable fashion. I believe Mary Beth Roe is also a Vikings fan.

Honored Contributor

congrats vikings fans......so sorry saints fans.

that was a great game to watch!

the sunday games were so much more exciting than the saturday games.

next week we will have the two teams who will be moving forward.....will your team be one of them? Smiley Wink

after the superbowl i can say i cannot wait for preseason again! heck.....i can say it NOW! lol

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein