Honored Contributor

Re: Round Two of the NFL PLayoffs!!!

[ Edited ]

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle

So what do you think of the match up between the Eagles and the Vikings?

Well, of course I want the Eagles to win!!! And I really hope they can use that underdog status to spur them on again!!! The team showed that even without Carson Wentz they can be formidable. There is lots and lots of talent there in both the offense and defense. And Foles did what he had to do. Posted earlier how he had a QB Passer Rating of over 100...the only QB ever in the NFL to have a rating over 100 in his first two playoff games.(The one from season 13 plus Saturday's game.)

Now with all of that being said, I think at most we have a 50/50 shot at beating the Vikings....maybe more of a 40/60 chance! Woman Wink The Vikings are a powerhouse team. Very balanced and impressive. Keenum is so cool and collected under pressure. And that last play yesterday with Diggs was one for the ages! Wow!!

So home field certainly will help us! And we have the ability and drive and desire to win! But the Vikings are a really wonderful team! It will be a fantastic game! Go Eagles!!!!

@yellowBeetle

Good points and analysis..........

so whats up with the Eagle players and fans buying dog masks because their considered "underdogs" in this game....The Eagles need to be careful the Brown's fans haven't had much luck with their Dawg Pound and wearing dog masks will the Eagles also throw dog biscuits like the Brown fans do in the Dawg poud ...LOL!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle

Well, of course I want the Eagles to win!!! And I really hope they can use that underdog status to spur them on again!!! The team showed that even without Carson Wentz they can be formidable. There is lots and lots of talent there in both the offense and defense. And Foles did what he had to do. Posted earlier how he had a QB Passer Rating of over 100...the only QB ever in the NFL to have a rating over 100 in his first two playoff games.(The one from season 13 plus Saturday's game.)

Now with all of that being said, I think at most we have a 50/50 shot at beating the Vikings....maybe more of a 40/60 chance! Woman Wink The Vikings are a powerhouse team. Very balanced and impressive. Keenum is so cool and collected under pressure. And that last play yesterday with Diggs was one for the ages! Wow!!

So home field certainly will help us! And we have the ability and drive and desire to win! But the Vikings are a really wonderful team! It will be a fantastic game! Go Eagles!!!!

@yellowBeetle

Good points and analysis..........

so whats up with the Eagle players and fans buying dog masks because their considered "underdogs" in this game....The Eagles need to be careful the Brown's fans haven't had much luck with their Dawg Pound and wearing dog masks will the Eagles also throw dog biscuits like the Brown fans do in the Dawg poud ...LOL!

Thanks @Spurt!

Lane Johnson who is kind of a character put on that mask right after the game, as did Chris Long, Howie's son! Now they have sold out on Amazon, lol! Woman Happy Our local news showed fans who have already gotten their hands on them! But you are right about the Dawg Pound in Cleveland! Woman Wink

Tickets for the Sunday game went on sale this morning and are already gone! We will be watching from the comfort of our FR sofa!Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Despite a drop in the ratings.....There's a biding war for Thursday Night Football by ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox/FS1........

Some bidders have proposed changes to the game, according to the report. Revisions include scheduling only teams that have had a bye the preceding Sunday, along with moving some of the games to other days of the week. However under the broadcast antitrust exemption, the league can’t televise games on Fridays or Saturdays from early September through early December.

According to the report, CBS and NBC were hoping to pay less than the combined $450 million paid by the two networks in 2016 and 2017. The networks also have funded the production of the NFL Network-only games.

The league hopes to announce its decision regarding the TNF package either shortly before or shortly after the Super Bowl.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle

Of course I want the Vikings to win.  I don't view the Eagles as underdogs, I think these teams are fairly evenly matched.  I expect a defense game, and the Eagles will have home field advantage.  Certainly the "MInneapolis Miracle" was just that, it won't happen again.  

It will be a great game and the best team will prevail!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

while primetime nfl football games/shows may have seen their ratings decrease, they are still managing to stay in the top 25 in the ratings race for watched live programs.....and at decent positions within that list since the season began. there are regularly four to five nfl games or shows in the top 25 each week.

football in the top 25 for the week beginning 1/1/18:

nfl football falcons/rams at #1 with 22.8 million

college football sugar bowl at #2 20.4 million

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Tom Brady has a right hand injury. Praying for healing of that hand.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle

Of course I want the Vikings to win.  I don't view the Eagles as underdogs, I think these teams are fairly evenly matched.  I expect a defense game, and the Eagles will have home field advantage.  Certainly the "MInneapolis Miracle" was just that, it won't happen again.  

It will be a great game and the best team will prevail!

@deepwaterdotter

I agree...it will be a terrific game! As you said, the teams are fairly evenly matched and defense will be key. Really looking forward to it!

Neither team has ever won a Super Bowl so in that sense it is a win/win situation on the NFC side! Now if somehow the Jaguars can defeat the Patriots, then we are guaranteed to have someone new take the big prize!

Good luck to your Vikings! I truly think it could go either way...but as I wrote above, I give your team a slight edge. That being said...Go Eagles!!!!! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Spurt

while primetime nfl football games/shows may have seen their ratings decrease, they are still managing to stay in the top 25 in the ratings race for watched live programs.....and at decent positions within that list since the season began. there are regularly four to five nfl games or shows in the top 25 each week.

football in the top 25 for the week beginning 1/1/18:

nfl football falcons/rams at #1 with 22.8 million

college football sugar bowl at #2 20.4 million

@sunshine45

You are so right, the NFL games are still the highest rated shows on the broadcast channels.........and I think thats why other bidders climbed on the bandwagon ABC and Fox/FS1....

I just think that CBS/NBC were going to use overall ratings as an excuse just to try to get a lower price from the NFL, but as you can see other networks are now coveting the NFL games and whoever wins the bid may actually end up paying more due to the competition of other networks that see the NFL games accurately as a desired commodity! 

Esteemed Contributor

The Colts are getting Matt Eberflus, former LB coach of the Cowboys. I wasn't familiar with that name, so I looked him up. Turns out he has connections with other defense minded coaches through college and other NFL teams. He also coordinated the pass defense of the Cowboys. I hear only good things about him, and it seems that he was popular with the players. The Colts team seems to be coming together quite well. I hope that it all works out. 

Todd Haley is out in Pittsburgh. His contract ended and it won't be renewed. Roethlisberger most likely plans on returning, and he and Haley were on the outs for awhile. Some minority owners are calling for Tomlin to be fired. The  Steelers are loyal to their head coaches, so I'll be surprised if he is let go. 

I think that with rest, Brady will be good to go Sunday. There was no structural damage in the hand. The Jaguars would probably prefer Hoyer, though. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The Colts are getting Matt Eberflus, former LB coach of the Cowboys. I wasn't familiar with that name, so I looked him up. Turns out he has connections with other defense minded coaches through college and other NFL teams. He also coordinated the pass defense of the Cowboys. I hear only good things about him, and it seems that he was popular with the players. The Colts team seems to be coming together quite well. I hope that it all works out. 

Todd Haley is out in Pittsburgh. His contract ended and it won't be renewed. Roethlisberger most likely plans on returning, and he and Haley were on the outs for awhile. Some minority owners are calling for Tomlin to be fired. The  Steelers are loyal to their head coaches, so I'll be surprised if he is let go. 

I think that with rest, Brady will be good to go Sunday. There was no structural damage in the hand. The Jaguars would probably prefer Hoyer, though. 

@teganslaw

Glad to hear your team is coming together.........In his first Mock Draft Mel Kipper has Colts taking DE Bradley Chubb......Chubb is viewed as one of the best players in the draft...some say if it werent for need, he'd be the #1 prospect...

I can''t believe in his Mock Draft Mel has us taking QB Baker Mayfield....who I view as the second coming of Ryan Leaf on temperment and conduct issues...SHEESH!!!  But after second thought---WAIT!--of course that does sound like a Bruce Allen move....If the team is not going to sign Cousins then go with Colt McCoy over a guy with personal issues like Mayfield...!!!!  Woman Frustrated  (not only his antics on the field, but he was arrested in 2017 for intoxication, disorderly conduct, fleeing and resisting arrest....

Boy even though Brady is going to play.....if something happened and they have to go with Hoyer dont ya know it Beli inside is going to be FURIOUS that he was forced to trade Jimmy G................

I think your right....the Rooneys are loyal to their head coaches and dont make many changes there so I think Tomlin is safe....  But since Haley & Ben didnt get along I think it was wise to get rid of Haley.............