Esteemed Contributor

Re: Round Three of the NFL Playoffs!

Welcome back Gardenman! I wondered what happened. Hopefully, you'll be home soon and recover quickly. 

The Eagles were flying high; they played a nearly perfect game.  I think being undedogs actually motivates them. They need to hang onto that during the Superbowl. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Eagle fans - being the underdog seems to be working for you.  Smiley Happy

Congrats to the Patriots and Eagles.

Gardenman, that must had been a terrible fall.  

I'm glad the Eagles gave you a stress free win.

Prayers for a full recovery.

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman

We were very concerned by your absence and are so sorry to hear of your fall and hospitalization. But we are also so happy to hear you are on the mend!Woman Happy

It was a game that exceeded our wildest expectations!! 38 to 7....over 350 yards thrown by Foles,....a real collaborative effort by both the defense and offense against a very powerful Vikings team! 

Take care and hurry back...you have been missed!!

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@yellowBeetle wrote:

Congrats to Nick Foles and his Eagles for a wonderful game! Well done!!

The Eagles beat a powerhouse team in the Vikings.

The Philadelphia area is ecstatic!!! I'm in the suburbs but have been hearing fireworks. Downtown Philly's streets are filled with thousands of fans!!

And once again we will be the underdogs....but that's OK! 

Go Eagles!!!

I think the Vikings need to recharge their batteries now that their season has ended.  Congrats to you and the Eagles, now on to success in Minneapolis!

@deepwaterdotter

Thank you for your congratulations! Your team has been truly amazing all year...the most balanced, imo. Believe me, the fans here were really fearing the Vikings! They are a spectacular group who will be a force to be reckoned with next season!

We had an extraordinay game from Foles, who actually threw more yards than Wentz did in any of his games! It was the record-breaking 2013 Foles who showed up last night! And the rest of the offense and defense were wonderful, too! This underdog thing has spurred the Eagles on!!Woman Wink

Now it is on to Minneapolis! The Eagles...like the Vikings...have never won a Super Bowl! Hopefully this will be the year!Woman Happy  

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle @gardenman

CONGRATS to the Eagles, and their fans!!!!

The eagles were DOMINATING!!! The EAGLES did FLY!

I bet that guy that said Doug Pederson shouldnt be a coach feels mighty embarrassed right now!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:
Hey everyone! For those missing me, I fell and broke my left femur on 1/11 and have been in the hospital since then. Whenever I've tried to log in on my phone, it hasn't worked. Today I didn't try to log in to post, but to give a heart to a post and for whatever reason it let me log in. That was a perfect win for me last night. Very little stress and a solid win.

I'm not sure how long the logging in via the heart trick will work for me, but it's nice to be able to post again. They're starting to wean me off the clotting factor now. The surgery was on the twelfth. With luck, I may be home by the weekend.

@gardenman

Hi GARDENMAN! We missed you!  So sorry to hear about your broken left femur and wish you a quick and speedy recovery!   

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle @gardenman

CONGRATS to the Eagles, and their fans!!!!

The eagles were DOMINATING!!! The EAGLES did FLY!

I bet that guy that said Doug Pederson shouldnt be a coach feels mighty embarrassed right now!!!

Thanks @Spurt!

Foles really outdid himself... the whole team gave it their all!

Of the NFC East teams, the Eagles are the only ones without a Super Bowl win. Hopefully this is the year that will change that! Woman Happy

And yes, that ex-GM of the NFL, Mike Lombardi, has taken a lot of heat about his over-the-top criticism of Doug Pederson, where he said Pederson was the worst choice ever for an NFL head coaching job! About a week ago, after the Eagles beat Atlanta, Lombardi said that he was wrong about Doug Pederson....sort of! Woman Wink He said he still is not sure how good of a coach Pederson is, but said he was wrong in the way he said it last fall! Woman Surprised Gee, thanks!

Who knows??!! That inane comment by Lombardi which came right before the beginning of the season...along with this whole underdog narrative...certainly has not hurt the Eagles in any way! It can be argued it probably has helped! Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

@gardenmanSorry to hear about your broken femur and the hospital stay. Hope you are back home in time for the Super Bowl and enjoy every minute of it! I'll be cheering for Ronald Darby to pick off Tom Brady!

Honored Contributor

Nice to see you back Sheltie Mom. The Bills had a pretty good season this year. Darby was a good pickup for the Eagles. My backddor into the forums worked again this time, but didn't work earlier.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!