Trusted Contributor

Pride goes before a fall..or, what the heck is wrong with Richard Sherman

[ Edited ]

What goes with this guy? What does he think he has to brag about? He got cut by the Seahawks because he's not getting any younger (about 28 or 30, I think whiich is OLD for a football player) and he's starting to get hurt.

Now he's going around dissing Pete Carol, the coach who made him a star. Can you say ungrateful?

So the Seahawks offered him "only" one million dollars for his next season.(I think this would have been an extension at the end of his current contract.)  How much money does this guy need? He's already got more money than God! (If someone offered me a million dollards, I'd kiss their feet Smiley Very Happy)

Supposedly the 49ers offered Sherm something like $33 million but there are some "gotchas" in his contract -- he has to meet certain goals and jump through some hoops to get the entire amount and I don't think he can do it.

I hope that when the 49ers play up here and Sherm comes on the field, the fans neither cheer or boo him. I think Sherm can tolerate cheers (who couldn't ???) and even boo's but being ignored--I think that would really get under his skin.

Sherm, you used to be a great guy, both on and off the field. The fans used to absolutely adore you! I have a Sherman jersey that I'm going to get rid of.

What happened?

Honored Contributor

Re: Pride goes before a fall..or, what the heck is wrong with Richard Sherman

He'll be 30 (old for a football cornerback) the end of March.

IMO he is tripping over his own ego and believes his own publicity.

I used to be a big Sherman fan. Pete Carroll helped him achieve the "super stardom" he had in WA state.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, he can go pound sand. And I doubt he'll earn all the $33 million. I heard this discussed in great detail on our local ESPN radio show and his basic contract is something like $19 million.

I hope he falls flat on his face after the way he's shot off his mouth. If I had a Sherman tee shirt I'd put it in the recycle bin. Grrrr.

Regular Contributor

I have his jersey, and several of his t-shirts, and would be ashamed to wear them now. I hope our receivers (whoever they are) scorch him for big yardage. I've had enough of his ego, and dissing Pete was the final straw!

I've been a fan since the beginning and I'm very intrigued to see what the team looks like in June. Hope this year's draft is better than the last one. 

And what do you think of Bennett's latest issue?

Football is my favorite season.
Esteemed Contributor

Pete Carroll takes care of Pete Carroll.  He walked into a super talented team and lucked out with Russell Wilson being a phenom.

Never a big fan of Richard Sherman but do not give credit to someone else for all of his hardwork, talent and skills.  The NFL a multibillion dollar industry who puts their players low on the rung. 

Respected Contributor

I really don't care one way or the other about Sherman but I can't stand Pete Carroll so I'll give a pat on the back to anyone who disses Carroll.   And I agree 100% with the comment that Carroll only looks out for Carroll.   He showed that when he ran from USC as fast as he could when the NCAA slapped them with sanctions.