Valued Contributor

He and his long term girlfriend are engaged AND expecting a baby!!! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Patrick Mahomes is engaged!

I'll have to Google as I don't know who he is. 

Esteemed Contributor

Mahomes proposed to his girlfriend a few weeks ago, the same day he got his Super bowl ring. I didn't know that she was expecting. 

Congratulations to both of them! And have to say that I'm glad my Colts don't play the Chiefs this season. Woman Very Happy

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I'll have to Google as I don't know who he is. 

I had to do the same.  Not a sports fan so the name meant nothing to me.  Wishing them well though.

Honored Contributor

Very nice.  Hard for me to get super excited!!!!!! ....when I don't know him or who he is.

Honored Contributor

He is an amazing quarterback, and I wish he was on my team ! 🏈

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Mahomes proposed to his girlfriend a few weeks ago, the same day he got his Super bowl ring.

Takes 7 months to get a Superbowl ring? Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

Mahomes proposed to his girlfriend a few weeks ago, the same day he got his Super bowl ring.

Yes, because the ## pandemic slowed the production of the rings this year. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

The rings are customized for each team. Just the design process takes months. And football players vary wildly in finger sizes so they have to scale up the rings for guys with bigger fingers and scale them down for guys with smaller fingers. Some teams will have each ring customized for the player/executive who gets it with their jersey number, stats, or position on the ring.

Each ring is typically made from a carved wax model of the ring that's then dipped in a heat resistant slurry multiple times to build up a shell around the wax. Then the wax is melted out (it's called the "lost wax casting process") and replaced with melted gold. Once the gold sets up and cools the outer shell is broken off and the ring is polished for the first time and inspected for flaws. If it fails inspection, it's back to the wax carving process and starting all over again. If it passes the initial inspection then it's off to the gem setters who insert the various gems selected for the ring.

In many cases, paint is applied to the inner recessed gold surfaces to highlight features in the ring. More polishing takes place along with a few sizing checks and then the rings are boxed and ready to go. Seven months is not an unreasonable time. Teams typically make a hundred or more rings as the players all get one, the coaches, front office personnel, and more.

If you do a Google image search for Super Bowl rings you'll get a better feel for the complexity of them. They aren't just stamped out. They're a very complicated and expensive piece of jewelry.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I love to watch Patrick Mahomes play football!  He is one of my favorite QB's!  I read somewhere that he and his long time girlfriend are engaged.  I guess he can afford to get married!!! Woman Wink