Honored Contributor

I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He was not only an amazing athlete but also a great human being and true gentleman. Prayers to his wife and son. May he RIP.

Honored Contributor

He certainly was a kind and humble man. Cheerful is another thing that comes to mind. He won't be remembered as the best Coach the Packers had, and that may be due to his pleasant personality. Nothing at all like Coach Lombardi - yet the two worked together for a common purpose.

Honored Contributor

RIP Bart Starr........I still remember where I was watching the "Ice Bowl"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

So sad.  He was amazing.  Will the flags in Wisconsin be at half staff?  Guessing the Packers will dedicate their season to him. 

Trusted Contributor

A Great Packer, A Great Legend.

One of those guys you can't help but like even if you're not a fan of his team.

May he Rest in Peace.

Honored Contributor

A great person, and a great player.....

Related image

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

RIP Bart Starr. An NFL legend. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@trenet wrote:

So sad.  He was amazing.  Will the flags in Wisconsin be at half staff?  Guessing the Packers will dedicate their season to him. 

It will be nice if the Packers dedicate their season to him. If any state were to lower flags to half staff, it should be Alabama. Bart Starr was born and raised there, played high school football in Montgomery, played college football at the University of Alabama, married his high school sweetheart and was a fine southern gentleman. His death a few days ago was in Birmingham. My sister who is now 68 was married to a dentist who was a lot older than she was. He and Bart were very good friends, played football together and stayed in touch with each other for many, many years.

Honored Contributor

Bart Starr,

https://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rest-In-Peace-Candle-1.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Passing of Bart Starr

[ Edited ]

The local news reported that there will be a public celebration of life gathering held in Green Bay.