Trusted Contributor

On the way out of town, don't let the door...

....hit you in th a**, Richard Sherman.

You've been a big fish in a little pond here in Seattle; let's see if you can play with the BIG boys. And how will the '49's take to your big mouth? You might have to learn a little humility.

Honored Contributor

Re: On the way out of town, don't let the door...

I was a Sherman fan for quite awhile but his "act" got old. I'll be interested to see how the 49ers deal with him LOL!

Honored Contributor

The 49er's should be really good next season, so I'll bet Richard will be fine.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

The Niners and Rams look a lot better (at least on paper) while the Seahawks look weaker, and the Cards are treading water. I think the Niners overpaid Sherman. I'm not sure he's worth the reported $39 million.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenmIan wrote:

The Niners and Rams look a lot better (at least on paper) while the Seahawks look weaker, and the Cards are treading water. I think the Niners overpaid Sherman. I'm not sure he's worth the reported $39 million.

I agree. He's mearly 30 years old and starting to get hurt. I wonder if he'll finish out that contract. He may have done the 'Hawks a big favor by trading himself (he's acting as his own agent). That leaves the team with a big fat amount of money--about $11 million, I think--to work with in hiring someone younger and uninjured.

And I wonder when the '49ers will get tired of his big-mouthed act. I know he had just about worn out his welcome here.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFacewrote:

....hit you in th a**, Richard Sherman.

You've been a big fish in a little pond here in Seattle; let's see if you can play with the BIG boys. And how will the '49's take to your big mouth? You might have to learn a little humility.

@FuzzyFace

Good post!  You tell him!  LOL  He doesn't have enough class to be on the same team as Russell Wilson!

I don't care how good he is, I wouldn't want him on our team !

Honored Contributor

Interesting. It turns out a lot of that $39 million is in the form of incentives. He's getting a relatively small salary, but has lots of incentives that he'd have to meet to reach the $39 million. In an odd twist, he avoids getting cut if he makes the Pro Bowl each year. Suffice to say he'll be campaigning for a Pro Bowl spot each year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

The Rams look scary-good and I think they're going to dominate the division. The Seahawks need a really good draft if they're going to have a chance. And a running back would be nice...

Football is my favorite season.
Honored Contributor

@Hawkfan83wrote:

The Rams look scary-good and I think they're going to dominate the division. The Seahawks need a really good draft if they're going to have a chance. And a running back would be nice...

I agree. The Rams look very good, and the Niners might not be far behind them. The Cards are a wild card. If Bradford can stay healthy (Ha! Like that's possible!) then they could be competitive too. The Seahawks need Russell Wilson to be Superman and single-handedly carry the team. He's good, but I suspect they're asking too much of him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!