Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Judge lets Brady play, ruling against NFL in 'Deflategate!  

I was just waiting for someone to start this! I take it your  a Patriots fan? I'm not! It seems to me Brady is like Teflon, nothing ever sticks to him. Maybe a 4 game suspension was too much but he should have gotten at least 2. 

What has Brady done before? Spy gate had nothing to do with Brady? Why didn't the ball guys just testify that they were instructed to deflate the balls.  They weren't ...they did what they thought Brady would like....he should get no penalty and he didn't ...he was convicted in a kangaroo court but not by the law...you aRe not guilty because of public opinion, innuendo or circumstantial evidence or here say..

Esteemed Contributor

@nomless wrote:

And now kids learn cheating is ok as long as you get away with it.  Great.  It's sad that this attitude is prevalent, and accountability for actions no longer matters.

no children will learn about justice and the difference between that and public opinion 

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Judge lets Brady play, ruling against NFL in 'Deflategate!  

I was just waiting for someone to start this! I take it your  a Patriots fan? I'm not! It seems to me Brady is like Teflon, nothing ever sticks to him. Maybe a 4 game suspension was too much but he should have gotten at least 2. 

Yes, I'm a Pat's fan in Patriot Nation.  The scuttlebutt is that he expected a 2 game suspension and even while claiming his innocence, he was ready to accept it. 

I am not but appreciate Brady's talent.  Sad part people can't see beyond team loyalty and see the truth.  Goodell is a fool.  It would have been very simple....ask the guys handling the balls..."did Brady instruct you to do it".  We often do things that make us look good in the eyes of our bosses...be it a bonus, promotion or a really big tip if we win the Super Bowl...maybe the guys had a little bet.  Thing is, Brady would have won that game if he were playing with a hockey puck!  Happily there are courts where people go for justice and Brady would not have gone there if he were guilty.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

I find it hard to believe that he wasn't aware of something wrong with the balls whether it was his doing or not.  He just comes across to me as being too big for his britches. 

That's what happened here and that's why the judge ruled in his favor.  He wasn't found guilty of tampering or conspiring to tamper with balls.  He was found guilty and penalized for being Tom Brady. 

Exactly...if he were trash like some of the other convicts, a slap on the wrist....

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Tom Brady is not one bit good looking - ugly as dog poop.  That artist at his hearing had him pegged right on.

Uh wrong! 

Honored Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Tom Brady is not one bit good looking - ugly as dog poop.  That artist at his hearing had him pegged right on.

Uh wrong! 

Way wrong...

Such a shame when bitterness so completely clouds ones perspective...

Great decision by the judge...

And no, this isn't about what kids learn or don't learn... any more than it's about where and from whom they should be learning it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Uh wrong! 

Way wrong...

Such a shame when bitterness so completely clouds ones perspective...

Great decision by the judge...

And no, this isn't about what kids learn or don't learn... any more than it's about where and from whom they should be learning it...

It was a good decision...there had to be a voice of reason with this stupid accusation.  I was reading the reasons for his decision.   Brady's lawyers never even entered the discovery phase.  My question remains...why didn't they just question the ball guys who did the deflating? Simple? 

Super Contributor

Lets give Tom Brady the benefit of the doubt and say that he didn't know the footballs were going to be deflated. The equipment managers planned it all on their own. He knew nothing. I'm willing to do that. However, as I said before, there is simply no way that once he picked them up, handled them, threw them to warm up, that he didn't know they were deflated. Simply. No. Way. Ask any professional athlete, bet they'd say the same thing. So when he doesn't step up and take responsibility for knowing about it after the fact is lying and cheating, plain and simple. That is where he lost my respect. I was a fan of his before this but can no longer support him. The only good that comes out of it is that I have had discussions with my family about taking responsibility for their actions, accepting consequences, and conducting themselves in a manner that would make themselves proud and allow them to sleep at night. A good life lesson in a world full of crazy. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@nycgirl79 wrote:

Lets give Tom Brady the benefit of the doubt and say that he didn't know the footballs were going to be deflated. The equipment managers planned it all on their own. He knew nothing. I'm willing to do that. However, as I said before, there is simply no way that once he picked them up, handled them, threw them to warm up, that he didn't know they were deflated. Simply. No. Way. Ask any professional athlete, bet they'd say the same thing. So when he doesn't step up and take responsibility for knowing about it after the fact is lying and cheating, plain and simple. That is where he lost my respect. I was a fan of his before this but can no longer support him. The only good that comes out of it is that I have had discussions with my family about taking responsibility for their actions, accepting I consequences, and conducting themselves in a manner that would make themselves proud and allow them to sleep at night. A good life lesson in a world full of crazy. Smiley Happy

I have to respectfully disagree....in the course of the game, your aderenalin is high, you don't have the same touch.  Brady is an intense player... And, maybe the balls did feel lighter, but he just wasn't thinking about it...you are thinking of the next play and it was an exciting game....so the pressure is on...in practice it is a totally different thing.  In the course of the game, it is the officials job to inspect the balls because they can change with weather conditions ...that is their job, what they are paid to do, not the QB.  Every player in the course of the game breaks a rule...the low hit, the clip, roughing the QB...and he hopes to get away with it and sometimes they do...but officials prevent that  His crime was ordering the balls to be deflated; they merely had to ask the ball boys, who coincidently, can not be found. Once the game starts, it is in the officials hands.  Brady went to court for the crime that he was accused of and not for what happens in the course of an intense game or the lack of officiating.  Brady was not guilty. 

Honored Contributor

I have zero respect for football and everything associated with it.  The hype over that sport is just way too over the top for me.

Probably the worst I can say about it is I find it boring.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986