Honored Contributor

I need to commemorate today as the day Steve Cohen is the official owner of the NY Mets! It will be so nice to have an owner who can actually afford to run the team as a big market team instead of the Wilpons who were penny pinchers. I have hope now for 2021.

Trusted Contributor

As a New Yorker, I totally agree. Mets need everything a generous and viable owner can put in to strengthen their prospects. Mets are overdue for a successful season. 

As a lifelong ardent Yankee fan, I am mostly indifferent to who owns the Mets or how they fare. Different league, different team, even if it's the same city and the same "big market". 

Honored Contributor

It's challenging assembling a competitive team in a place like NYC. Living costs, taxes, and more, when compared to other cities, makes it harder to sign free agents. A player can sign a contract with a Florida team for maybe 20% less and end up with more cash than by signing in a city like NYC when everything is factored in. The Mets payroll is above the league average at $117+ million, but well short of the Yankees, Cubs, and Dodgers at $170+ million.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

So happy for the Mets and their fans!   Smiley Happy   I'm looking forward to next season and the seasons following.  

New York Mets Font

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Steve Cohen had his media conference today, he said all the right things, he wants to bring a World Series title to Mets fans.