Honored Contributor

Nascar Race Wednesday POSTPONED

[ Edited ]

Cup Series at Charlotte at 7:00pm Central Time on Fox Sports 1. I have it on Dish Network channel #150. As always, I DVR everything I watch. Timer is set and hoping for no rain for a change.

Well, yet another rain. Scheduled for tonight, Thursday. I have my DVR set 6:00 Central Time. I did a "Manual Programming" because the Dish Network has other programming on their schedule grid. Have missed shows because of that very reason.

Hope I got the time right, if not and you record? Might set it for an hour earlier or maybe check Nascar site.  Here's hopin 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Yeah!  Enjoy.  I've been watching old baseball games being shown on our sports network.  They just concluded the 2017 Cleveland Indians 22 game winning streak.  They showed one game a night ending on Memorial Day.  Even though we knew how they were all going to end, it was fun to re-live the excitement.  Hoping the real games can be played safely soon.

Honored Contributor

I like the weeknight races.  Something live to watch.  The truck race last night was fun and had many lead changes.  The bounty on a Kyle Busch loss was a fun touch too.  Kind of ironic that it was Chase Elliott that beat him (you know what they say about payback).

As always, Go Ryan Newman! 

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Cup Series at Charlotte at 7:00pm Central Time on Fox Sports 1. I have it on Dish Network channel #150. As always, I DVR everything I watch. Timer is set and hoping for no rain for a change.

hckynut 🏒

Thanks for the reminder.  Go Chase Elliot

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nascar Race Wednesday

[ Edited ]

Glad to see Brad Keselowski win the Coca Cola 600 @hckynut .

He is my daughters favorite driver and a good guy too. We met

him several times at meet and greets before the Pocono races.

Got lots of pictures and signatures on items from him. 

Here he is signing a picture that my daughter sketched of him.

046.jpg

Honored Contributor

@threecees 

My top is his team member Joey, and Brad right behind him. Since my all time favorite was Bill Elliott, Chase is also one of my favorites. The last restart I was torn between who I wanted to win, and I knew whoever got the lead was more likely going to win the race.

Anyone with Team Penske or Jack Roush, I am with them. Those 2 men have done more for all types of Motor Racing than anyone, just my opinion. Penske with Indy and others, Roush was originally more into Drag Racing. I drag raced around the Midwest for 20 years, and Jack was one that was talked about a lot.

That's great that you and your daughter met Brad. He comes across as having great character along with always grabbing the US Flag when he wins a race. I know is also big on promoting the Veterans, not just on Memorial Day.

Thanks for the picture and your story.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Oh well, maybe tomorrow night.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nascar Race Wednesday POSTPONED

@hckynut wrote:

Update!

Well, yet another rain. Scheduled for tonight, Thursday. I have my DVR set 6:00 Central Time. I did a "Manual Programming" because the Dish Network has other programming on their schedule grid. Have missed shows because of that very reason.

Hope I got the time right, if not and you record? Might set it for an hour earlier or maybe check Nascar site.  Here's hopin 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)