Honored Contributor

Saw a commercial on the Fox Network about a race at Darlington on titles date. Anyone know more about this?  TIA

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Re: Nascar May 17th

[ Edited ]

Yes starting on May 17th NASCAR is going to run 7 races in 10 days. Starting in Darlington there will be a Cup race on the 17th, then an Xfinity race on the 19th. Then another Cup race there on the 20th. 

On the 24th they move to Charlotte. The Cup series race is the 24th, then on the 25 it’s the Xfinity series followed by the Gander truck series on the 26th followed once again by the Cup series on the 27th. All races will be run without fans. 

Here’s a link for more info. https://m.nascar.com/news-media/2020/04/30/nascar-announces-revised-may-schedule-as-racing-returns-b...

Esteemed Contributor

It's a sad day when I am actually excited about car racing!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I like to watch some of the race. But I am so happy that they will be racing soon! My husband is so bored with Sunday afternoon T. V.! I can do things around the house while he watches!!

Honored Contributor

Will this be a normal race with a crowd audience?  Seems very unwise if this is the case.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 No the first several races will be run without fans. They will have rules that all at the track will have to follow and all teams will have a limited number of team members at the track. NASCAR is taking the virus seriously — trying to do things right with limited risk to all involved. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Nascar May 17th

[ Edited ]

And Ryan Newman will be back in the No. 6 Ford.

Honored Contributor

I've really been enjoying the simulated races, mainly because Dale Jr is in them and because they are very short and they are having a lot of fun with crazy finishes.

I haven't watched a full race since Jeff Gordon retired but I have the time to watch now ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

And Ryan Newman will be back in the No. 6 Ford.

@deepwaterdotter 

That is great news about Newman. Thanks for the info.

🏎

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)