Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend! 2023!

My Giants are back and forth with the Vikings. I'm nervous and excited, LETS GO !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations to the Giants! SPURT, your sister must be excited. 

Brian Daboll has done wonders for this team. he should get COTY honors imo. 

Can these games get any better? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Vikings have a fourth and eight and they throw a three yard pass?  To a guy who's covered? What?  You have to throw that ball past the sticks. 

Kudos to the Giants. The Vikings just consistently find ways to come up short in the playoffs. It's become a trend.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Congratulations to the Giants! SPURT, your sister must be excited. 

Brian Daboll has done wonders for this team. he should get COTY honors imo. 

Can these games get any better? 

Frankly .. no that can not !!!!

Respected Contributor

No they can not ...!!

Honored Contributor

The Ravens could have/should have gotten the win last night. The goalline fumble was a disaster for them. That was a fourteen point swing in the game. The officials missed a block in the back also on the fumble return which could have helped them.

The divisional round schedule is now set with the Jags at the Chiefs first on Saturday, then the Giants at the Eagles for the later game. Suffice to say the Eagles' fanbase will be nicely riled up by gametime with the tailgating starting very early on Saturday morning.

Expect a big game Saturday from Boston Scott, the Eagles third string RB. He's got a reputation as the Giants killer.  His stats against the Giants are absurd. For whatever reason, he plays his absolute best against them and they never have an answer for him. 

Sunday starts off with the Bengals at the Bills, then whoever wins tonight's game (probably the Bucs in my opinion) takes on the Niners.

We haven't really seen a truly dominant performance by any of the playoff teams so far. The Bills eked out the win over Skylar Thompson and the Dolphins. The Jags giftwrapped the first half of their game then rallied to win. The Giants struggled to beat the Vikings. None of the teams have looked unbeatable. KC and Philly might look that way next week. We'll have to see. I don't think there's a team in the playoffs so far that's viewed as unbeatable. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lamar Jackson is getting the blame for the Ravens loss. Along with the Ravens themselves for backing Lamar. It's strange, but they say that his decison to sit out the game cost them. Huntley played well, so the Ravens have a good backup. Jackson says that he's not healing fast enough, but some claim that he is sitting for contract reasons. I don't know what is really going on, but his teammate, Sammy Watkins, called him out. I'll be paying attention to the situation going forward.

Maybe the Ravens need to get someone else to call plays. They seem to find unique ways to lose. I would be upset if I were a ravens fan.

I hope the Cowboys win tonight. The Bucs have a losing record and don't deserve to be in the playoffs. They can't help that their division is bad,  but still....

Also, since TY Hilton is now a Cowboy, I want that team to have some success. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The consensus among those on the inside of the NFL is that the Ravens will do a tag and trade with Lamar Jackson. They'll lock him up with the franchise tag, then put a "For Sale" sign on him and move him to the highest bidder. Odds are they have a few bidders in mind already.

The Raiders are never afraid to make a big splash and trading Carr is high on their list of priorities. Add in a few draft picks, maybe a player or two, and Jackson could be a Raider and Carr a Raven. 

The Falcons, Panthers, Bucs, Patriots, Jets, Colts, Texans, Commanders, Lions, and Cards could all be interested with some of those teams having a potentially pretty good QB to trade back if need be. (The Cards, Lions, Jets, and Patriots.) 

The Ravens will have options going forward. Lamar not joining the team for the game was odd. You get the impression they're over him and he's over them. Some fence-mending needs to take place if he's to stay a Raven. 

If the Ravens move on from Jackson, they'll have to revamp the offense. They built it around his unique skillset. There aren't many guys like him floating around out there. 

I don't see him playing on the tag, so something needs to be done before things go too far. Either a new contract that he's happy with or a trade. A trade might be best for everyone. I'm betting there's been a lot of behind-the-scenes chatter among the Ravens and interested parties and everyone probably has some idea of how things will go down. Now it's just a question of finalizing things.

My money would be on the Raiders making the big move to land him. If the Raiders can move Carr they end up with about $50 million in cap space which is about what it would take to sign Jackson. They seem very anxious to move on from Carr with no one obviously in line to replace him unless they already know/suspect they can land Jackson. The pieces fit. The Raiders have the seventh pick in the draft which would interest the Ravens. They can add Carr who's not a bad QB. It all fits together.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Brett Maher is having a really bad game tonight, but at least his team is ahead.  Looks like my 49er's will be hosting Dallas next week.

Honored Contributor

The Bucs are playing poorly tonight. They're bad on offense and defense both. Jeez! The Cowboys' kicker has missed all four extra points to try and help the Bucs, but they're just not taking advantage of his misses. Brady and his receivers look like they've never seen each other before. They're not even close to being on the same page. The Cowboys DBs aren't very good, but the Bucs are just not in sync.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!