Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend! 2023!

The Jaguars are going to be a problem going forward. Doug Pederson has them believing in themselves and thinking they can win any game.

Now, the Chargers helped a bit. When you get ahead by 27, you ease off a teeny bit subconsciously. You tend to assume you've won and start thinking about who you'll play next. And that's all it takes to let the other guys back in the game. No lead is a safe lead, and the Chargers didn't throttle back a lot, but taking the foot off the gas any is dangerous in football. 

The Chargers' fanbase, both of them, are likely very unhappy this morning and the whispers that their coach could be in trouble with a loss, are likely growing louder. (Sean Payton has been rumored to be going there for a while now.) Jaguar fans likely haven't gotten to sleep yet as they wait for the adrenaline to burn off. 

The Jaguars are nicely set up for next season also, having already traded for suspended WR Calvin Ridley. Add in some players in free agency, have a good draft, and they should be favorites to win the AFC South again. If Doug Pederson can maintain a good relationship with Trevor Lawrence (he failed with Carson Wentz) the sky's the limit for the Jags going forward. They're in a good place. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Today we get the Dolphins at the Bills. It should be a mismatch, but you never know. The Giants at the Vikings. And the Ravens at the Bengals. Maybe not the most impressive looking slate of games, but you never know what will happen. Crazy things happen in the playoffs.

I'm betting no team will ease off the gas after watching the Jags comeback last night.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts aren't the only team to blow a huge lead. If people were criticizing Matt Ryan for losing when so far ahead, then they should also criticize Justin Herbert. Neither had anything to do with defense, but fair is fair.  if one wants to go that direction, they can't put down Ryan without bringing up Herbert's name. 

Wondering how today's games will compare to yesterday. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman    Well the Jaguars were a problem for the Chargers!.  I turned off the game at half time when the score was Chargers 27-7. The Jags scored a TD in the last minute or so of the 2nd quarter.  It felt like it was going to be a rout.   Well I got distracted and never went back to the game.  So I decided to check to see the score and was shocked to find out the Chargers lost at the last minute 31-30.  Wowza!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@teganslaw    The chargers blew it big time last night

Honored Contributor

The Chargers started out playing a tight man cover scheme that worked well. Then when well ahead they got more conservative and went into more of a prevent defense and that seldom ends well. Aggression is good on defense. Passivity will get you killed.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Nice job Chargers!  Can you say crash & burn?  Congrats to the 49ers

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was invited to go to a movie Saturday night, but declined the invitation to watch the Chargers/Jaguars instead but with the way this game unfolded regretted my decision.......but then the Jaguars persevered and didn't give up while the Chargers decided to "coast" the rest of the way instead of closing the door for good, and claiming VICTORY,  instead the Chargers opened the door and let the Jaguars back in.....WHAT A STUNNER ENDING.....If I hadn't seen it would've not thought a Jaguar victory would be possible......as Jimmy V said DONT EVER GIVE UP...JAGS didn't and WON...WOW!!! Trademark of a team other rise for sure! And a DEFEAT that will forever haunt the Chargers!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The Dolphins put up a heck of a fight, but came up just short. Buffalo will need to play better to go far in the playoffs.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The Dolphins put up a heck of a fight, but came up just short. Buffalo will need to play better to go far in the playoffs.

totally agree ... they won today . but they are going to have to tighten things

up for the teams they are going to be facing going forward ...

from a long suffering Bills fan !!!!