Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend 2020!!!

[ Edited ]

Now that "hostage" Jason Garrett has been released from the Cowboys.....Jerrah is interviewing Mike McCarthy for the Cowboy's coaching job...does anything else think that would be an ODD fit for sure....I dont see McCarthy as the type that would "cowdown" to Jerrah and his demands.....Thoughts?????  @yellowrose @teganslaw  @gardenman 

@teganslaw 

Oh Oh looks like we may "steal" one of your front office people according to Jason LaConfora...

Director of College Personnel Kyle Smith and Senior VP of Player Personnel will work closely with Rivera on the April 2020 draft. One or both of them could be in line for promotions, especially with Schaffer reportedly out by May. Changes wont be made in the front office until after the draft.  There's chatter about one of the candidates for the Redskin GM job going forward is Colts executive Morocco Brown.  Brown is very well regarded in Indianapolis, where he helped Chris Ballard quickly upgrade one of the worst rosters in the NFL, and Brown was a favorite of Skins owner Dan Snyder during his lengthy stint in Washington’s personnel department. He also is well regarded by Ron Rivera from their time together in Chicago, and by Joe Gibbs, a close confidant of Snyder’s and someone who Rivera has reached out to for ccounsel.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Apparently,Jason Garrett isn't officially "out" of Dallas yet. ESPN reported the news, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. It seems strange for Jerry Jones to interview candidates while Garrett is still there.  Marvin Lewis is also being interviewed. I can't imagine who would put up with Jones' interference. 

I'm not familiar with Morocco Brown. He has hardly been mentioned in any Colts' articles. Maybe if I lived around the Indianapolis area, I would hear more about him. 

It's not taking long for Rivera to fit in. He already got rid of the ping pong tables in the rec  area, figuring that the players should focus more on football. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Apparently,Jason Garrett isn't officially "out" of Dallas yet. ESPN reported the news, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. It seems strange for Jerry Jones to interview candidates while Garrett is still there.  Marvin Lewis is also being interviewed. I can't imagine who would put up with Jones' interference. 

I'm not familiar with Morocco Brown. He has hardly been mentioned in any Colts' articles. Maybe if I lived around the Indianapolis area, I would hear more about him. 

It's not taking long for Rivera to fit in. He already got rid of the ping pong tables in the rec  area, figuring that the players should focus more on football. 

@teganslaw 

Oh please Jerry hire Marvin Lewis......Woman Very Happy

Ron Rivera is going to make some huge changes even though Bruce Allen said the Redskin culture was already "darn" good..... LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Jason Garrett is reportedly campaigning to stay in Dallas as the head coach and could (unlikely but possible) keep the job if the Jones's aren't impressed by their other options. Eagles fans are hoping Marvin Lewis gets the job, but Mike McCarthy doesn't really scare us. There's still a lot of chatter about Lincoln Riley, but who knows what JJ will do. There was an early report that Kellen Moore was a top contender also.

Mike McCarthy has interviewed a couple of places so far, and neither team signed him which makes me think he didn't impress all that much. If he knocks your socks off you don't let him go. You keep him there and sign him.

McCarthy and Lewis are breaking one of those unwritten laws in the NFL by interviewing for a head coaching job while the team still has a head coach. As a general rule, coaches don't do that. It's disrespectful for the guy who's still coaching to be looking to steal his job. It sets a bad precedent. If you get the job you don't want the team owner interviewing possible replacements for you while you're still the coach. Breaking those unwritten laws tends to come back to bite guys. It could make getting top assistants more challenging.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Jerry is loving this.  His team doesn't make the playoffs, yet his team

is still in the spotlight.  Oh Jerry, you are sooooo obvious.

But I find it all so boring.  Looking forward to some good playoff games.

Oh Geez, they HAD to do it, didn't they?  Bring up the Oilers/Bills game.

Greatest comeback ever. Blah blah blah

It still stings.  I'll never forget watching that happen before my eyes.

Honored Contributor

I wonder how secure Bill O'Brien's job is? The Texans don't have a GM to fire O'Brien, but is ownership still fully behind him? The Texans don't look great in the first half and are being shut out 13-0. (It could have been 17-0 if the Bills' receiver made a tough catch.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

this bills texans game is giving me heart attacks and i dont even care who wins! LOL

it has turned out to be an exciting game.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Oh wow.  What a game.  If only Houston had gotten that one lousy

1st down and able to run out the clock, all that drama could had been avoided.

I was kinda mad at them for putting me thru that. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

well, saturday has been a really great day of football watching! really enjoyed both games. cannot believe what the titans did in NE! congrats to the saturday winners!

titans, see you next week in OUR house!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The Patriots LOST! Woman Surprised

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson