Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend 2020!!!

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

Texans could rise to the challenge, or shoot themselves in the foot.

l wouldn't bet on them, or against them.  Just don't know what to expect.

LET'S GO TEXANS!!!!

Here's my thought for the next Dallas head coach....Jon Kay.

Never heard of him??  He just took my High School Alma Mater

to their 2nd consecutive State Title.  YEAH MUSTANGS!!

From High School to NFL - that would be quite the leap, wouldn't it?  Woman LOL

Hope everyone has a nice New Years Eve tomorrow.

@Spurt  Sending you get well soon wishes.

@yellowrose @teganslaw  @gardenman 

Thank you and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you! 

So what the heck is Jerry doing with all these meetings with "The Clapper"  I thought Jerry was totally disatisified and wanted changes and speculated that Jason could find a job in the NFL elsewhere... ??????  Other teams are going to snatch up all the good coaching candidates as Jerry waits so he can have the spotlight all to himself....Maybe Jerry is worried he wont be able to meddle as much with a new coach, and its hard to find a "puppet coach" like Garrett ........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

John Dorsey is gone from Cleveland. I thought that he was a good hire, so am surprised. Maybe the owners didn't like some of his hirings, (like Kitchens.) Or the Browns are just being the Browns.Woman Frustrated 

Colts left tackle, Anthony Castonzo, is pondering his future. His contract expires soon, and he might be retiring. The Colts would love to have him back, as he's a stud player, but will honor his wishes if he decides to retire. Hoping he returns, as I don't know who would take his place. 

The team extended one year contracts to TE Mo Ali-Cox  ; Zach Pascal (#2 WR)  and K Chase McLaughlin. 

This extension to Cox might mean bad news for Ebron. There are rumors that he won't be playing in Indy this coming season. I don't know what about Vinatieri. it will be months before his rehab is done, and then decisons will have to be made. Reich is dedicated to Vinatieri, so it's most likely that he would leave the decison up to Vinatieri as to what happens. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Someone on Twitter said the Cowboys were handling things in the most corporate American way. A series of two-hour meetings where nothing is decided then more meetings to discuss what happened in the earlier meetings, followed by more meetings. They've had Garrett as head coach for nine years. They know who/what he is. Either keep him or cut him loose, but you don't have to drag this thing out for days/weeks. It's just stupid.

Ron Rivera is making a smart move in keeping the current Redskins OC. That will help to optimize Haskins' chances of long-term success. Keeping him in the same offensive system is by far the smartest move you can make if you think Haskins is your QB of the future. Rivera looks like a really smart guy for making that move. When you change everything around a young QB you screw them up in a very big way. Young QB's need stability. Rivera is giving Haskins the best chance for success. We'll have to see how the Giants handle their young QB.  situation. 

It looks like Rivera is going with Haskins as his QB of the future. If he was looking to upgrade, or draft someone else, he'd likely make a move at OC and bring in "his guy" as OC. That second overall pick in the draft is going to be very valuable to Rivera. Do they draft offensive tackle Andrew Thomas as SI has them taking him in their mock draft. Do they go after a dominant defender in Chase Young? Do they trade down to let someone take Tua? Do they decide to take Tua? Building a solid offense around Haskins is smart.

They don't have to draft a tackle. A guy like Vaitai from the Eagles will be available in free agency. He's started at guard and tackle and done pretty well. He may be the best available offensive lineman in free agency and is versatile. He's still a younger guy who could grow with Haskins.

A Jerry Jeudy is a valuable wide receiver prospect who would give Haskins another weapon. They could drop down to around five or six in the draft and likely get Jeudy. They'll likely draft a young tight end, maybe two. I'd expect the Redskins to focus on building a solid foundation around Haskins this offseason in free agency and the draft. Make life as easy for the kid as possible.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Eagles resigned Shelton Gibson, our fifth-round pick in 2017 who's been on the Browns practice squad this year. He's a faster receiver but with hands of stone. He's mostly known in Philly for the number of balls he drops in practice and games. The Browns opted not to sign him to a futures contract, so he was available. He's an odd guy in that he tends to catch the tougher throws, but drops the easy ones. We'll see if he's improved any after being with the Browns this season. He does bring speed to the position which is nice. He should still know the Eagles' offense and Wentz has a level of familiarity with him. He's one of those guys who makes you hold your breath when a ball is thrown his way as you wait to see if he'll catch it or drop it.

He played with the Eagles in 2017 and 2018 and has played in 20 games with a total of three catches for 59 yards, so not the most productive guy in the league. He did look a bit better in 2018, even though he still wasn't productive (one catch for 48 yards.) The Eagles had about a million injuries at wide receiver in 2018 and despite playing in 15 games he still only managed the one catch.

It typically takes wide receivers two, three, four years for the light to go on and them to really unleash their potential, so maybe he's ready to shine. Probably not, but who knows? We'll start to find out Sunday.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Someone on Twitter said the Cowboys were handling things in the most corporate American way. A series of two-hour meetings where nothing is decided then more meetings to discuss what happened in the earlier meetings, followed by more meetings. They've had Garrett as head coach for nine years. They know who/what he is. Either keep him or cut him loose, but you don't have to drag this thing out for days/weeks. It's just stupid.

Ron Rivera is making a smart move in keeping the current Redskins OC. That will help to optimize Haskins' chances of long-term success. Keeping him in the same offensive system is by far the smartest move you can make if you think Haskins is your QB of the future. Rivera looks like a really smart guy for making that move. When you change everything around a young QB you screw them up in a very big way. Young QB's need stability. Rivera is giving Haskins the best chance for success. We'll have to see how the Giants handle their young QB.  situation. 

It looks like Rivera is going with Haskins as his QB of the future. If he was looking to upgrade, or draft someone else, he'd likely make a move at OC and bring in "his guy" as OC. That second overall pick in the draft is going to be very valuable to Rivera. Do they draft offensive tackle Andrew Thomas as SI has them taking him in their mock draft. Do they go after a dominant defender in Chase Young? Do they trade down to let someone take Tua? Do they decide to take Tua? Building a solid offense around Haskins is smart.

They don't have to draft a tackle. A guy like Vaitai from the Eagles will be available in free agency. He's started at guard and tackle and done pretty well. He may be the best available offensive lineman in free agency and is versatile. He's still a younger guy who could grow with Haskins.

A Jerry Jeudy is a valuable wide receiver prospect who would give Haskins another weapon. They could drop down to around five or six in the draft and likely get Jeudy. They'll likely draft a young tight end, maybe two. I'd expect the Redskins to focus on building a solid foundation around Haskins this offseason in free agency and the draft. Make life as easy for the kid as possible.

@gardenman 

I like the moves the Redskins and Ron Rivera are making... would love to see Chase Young as a Redskin.......  and yes OL needs to be looked at...and unfinished business as Allen failed to sign G Scherff to an extension......Like the hiring of Jack Del Rio as DC....Manusky needed to go last year.....

The oft injured will certainly be gone.....Jordan Reed, Paul Richardson, Vernon Davis, this draft is loaded with WRS and we need a good solid TE ......and despite his old coach with the Panthers coming aboard Josh Norman will be LONG GONE.....Lots of holes to fill.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Sad how Jerry gives Garrett all this "corporate courtesy"  yet went so far as to seek out and find long time CoachTom Landry and fire him while Landry was golfing at Lakeway Golf Course....I understand change, but for a long term coach at least Landry deserved to be treated with respect and Jones should have met with him at the Cowboy's office to deliver the message...Even Redskin fans felt bad for Tom....he was respected as a worthy rival...

Honored Contributor

Conflicting reports on whether Redskin Front Office Personnel Eric Schaffer is gone or not.... 

Honored Contributor

A fun guy to watch this Sunday will be Eagles backup QB Josh McCown. He's been in the league seventeen years and only been to the playoffs once as a backup and that was twelve years ago. To say he's hyped to be in the playoffs again is a vast understatement. Josh is a super high energy guy anyway and this week he's ramped up the energy even higher. He's typically the first one off the bench to congratulate any offensive, defensive or special teams player on a good play. He's often in Doug Pederson's ear on play calls and tells Doug what he's seeing from the sidelines. He plays the game like a kid who loves football. I'm not sure he's looking for more years in football, but I suspect he'll be a priority free agent for the Eagles if he's willing to come back for another year or two. 

He's been working with the kid receivers to make sure they know their routes and are ready to play. The kids talk about him in reverential tones. They love the guy. He's likely to jump into coaching at a high level when he retires. (He's still coaching high school football even as an active player on the Eagles roster.)

No official word yet on whether Ertz will play on Sunday. I'm thinking no, but we'll have to see. He has the lacerated kidney in addition to the broken rib, but there's a lacerated kidney and there's a lacerated kidney. A small quarter-inch laceration that's already healed is different from a two-inch long laceration that's nearly torn the kidney in half. I have no idea which type of laceration he has. If it was very, very minor, they might be able to let him play this week. We'll have to see. I'm guessing he'll get a CAT scan, MRI or ultrasound in the very near future to determine if he'll be able to play.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Of course I'll be cheering on my Vikings, but Kirk Cousins' latest level of play doesn't give me a lot of hope against the Saints.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Of course I'll be cheering on my Vikings, but Kirk Cousins' latest level of play doesn't give me a lot of hope against the Saints.

@deepwaterdotter 

Redskin fan here....good luck with Capt Kirk.....good stats but just cant seem to deliver ....