Trusted Contributor

Re: NFL Wildcard Round of the Playoffs!!!

I picked the Rams over the Falcons....but have you all noticed how many of the pundits on ESPN, the NFL Network, etc. have predicted a win by Atlanta?? Their reasoning is that Atlanta's recent experience playing in the playoffs and Super Bowl will make the difference.

I still think the Rams will pull it out! Goff and Gurley have been so impressive...

(And one funny tidbit.. Matt Ryan is actually older than Sean McVay! Woman Wink)

Trusted Contributor

Have the NFL Network on and the four regulars gave their predictions as to who will go to the Super Bowl and which team will win...

Steve Mariucchi thinks NE will beat Minnesota.

Kurt Warner predicts New Orleans will win over Pittsburgh.

Michael Irvin has Minnesota beating NE.

And Rich Eisen thinks NE will win out over New Orleans.

My hope is the Eagles will beat the AFC team...most likely Pittsburgh or NE!!Woman Wink 

My prediction is Minnesota will beat Pittsburgh! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

That touchdown pass from Mariota to Mariota will be seen many, many times. You just don't see plays like that all too often. The Titans might just be able to rally around a play like that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman I like "Chuckie" doing the games,his enthusiasm.  I think he's making a mistake coaching again.  He's been out 10 years,makes 5 million doing this part time gig. Why trade that for the stress of coaching again?  Oh well,we'll see. Our Bears are in the coach hunt,again. Everyone here is blaming everything on John Fox,not fair.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

That touchdown pass from Mariota to Mariota will be seen many, many times. You just don't see plays like that all too often. The Titans might just be able to rally around a play like that.

And sure enough, the Titans rallied and the Chiefs lost. A play like that Mariota touchdown pass makes the Titans think they've got destiny on their side, while it makes the Chiefs think the odds are against them. So much of football is attitude, and plays like that adjust the attitude for both teams.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@gardenman I like "Chuckie" doing the games,his enthusiasm.  I think he's making a mistake coaching again.  He's been out 10 years,makes 5 million doing this part time gig. Why trade that for the stress of coaching again?  Oh well,we'll see. Our Bears are in the coach hunt,again. Everyone here is blaming everything on John Fox,not fair.

@MoJoV

I question how effective Gruden will be. I suspect he's a guy players will tire of pretty quickly. If the local rumors are true, John Defillipo, the Eagles QB coach and former OC of the Browns is the front-runner for the Bears job. The Bears want him to work with Trubisky, but a head coach has a ton more to worry about. I'm not sure how much time a head coach can devote to a single position. He's a great QB  coach, but being a head coach is different.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Mariota to Mariota: that's one play that will be shown often. I wonder if things might have turned out differently if Kelce had been playing. The Chiefs might still have given up points, but could have scored more offensively. 

KC will have to make decisions now. Andy Reid hasn't won a home playoff game, so will his job be in jeopardy? At least the Titans' coach is able to hang onto his job a while longer. 

Now going to watch Atlanta and LA. Maybe the rest of the playoffs will be as unpredictable as this one was.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

I picked the Rams over the Falcons....but have you all noticed how many of the pundits on ESPN, the NFL Network, etc. have predicted a win by Atlanta?? Their reasoning is that Atlanta's recent experience playing in the playoffs and Super Bowl will make the difference.

I still think the Rams will pull it out! Goff and Gurley have been so impressive...

(And one funny tidbit.. Matt Ryan is actually older than Sean McVay! Woman Wink)

I am referencing myself here, lol!!Woman Wink Woman Wink

So the pundits were rightl! Woman LOL Congrats to the Falcons!

And now the Eagles will face Atlanta. Will be a homecoming for Matt Ryan who grew up outside of Philly.

Honored Contributor

It's game day two of wild card weekend! Yesterday saw both home teams lose.The Chiefs had things well in hand leading 21-3 until Marcus Mariota hooked up with Marcus Mariota on a touchdown pass. Fluke plays like that often flip a game and this one did. The Chiefs went from knocking down a pass to having it be caught by Mariota and taken in for a touchdown in a play that's only ever happened once before. When somethng like that happens, it shakes the confidence of the team that it hurts, and boosts the confidence of the team it benefits. Football players are among the most superstitious of athletes and bad juju (or good juju if you're a Titan player) like that, gets in your head and affects your confidence.

The Rams never quite seemed in synch yesterday and the Falcons, while not playing much better, managed to put them away in the second game. That means the Falcons hare headed to Philly. Last year when the two teams met, the Eagles defense smothered the Falcons. It'll be interesting to see what adjustments Atlanta makes.

Today we have Buffalo at Jacksonville and Carolina at New Orleans. The Bills say LeSean McCoy will play today, but I'm not optimistic. He's a runner who makes insane cuts, but you can't make those cuts with a bad ankle. If he was a straight ahead, pile driver type runner, he might be okay. His instincts will be to plant his foot and make a cut, but that ankle won't hold up if he does that. I've got a bad feeling about this game for Buffalo. Their defense will have to win this game. They're going to need to take the ball away from Bortles for Buffalo to win. I suspect the Jags will get the win.

Carolina at New Orleans all depends on Cam Newton. Cam can play like Superman and drag the team to a win no matter what. He can also be much more mortal and play average and not get the win. Drew Brees is very consistent, and consistently good. The Saints have more weapons and are playing at home. I supsect they'll get the win. If Carolina does win, it'll because of huge plays by Cam Newton.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Oh man. I said in the 3rd qtr that I was having deja vu, and suspected we were headed for another collapse. Seen it too many times. And so it was. Again.

Hungover in Chiefs Kingdom today and I didn't even drink.

Hope Kelce will be ok. He was wobbly!! And that's his second concussion in short succession. I was nervous that #22 Peters was going to go off the rails at some point, but he stayed in check. Gruden - whom I cannot stand -- was right when he questioned the officiating.

Andy's job status should be examined. Everyone's job status should be examined. What the heck happened between first and second half is astounding. It's as if they went into the locker room and came out as imposters.