Trusted Contributor

Re: NFL Wildcard Round of the Playoffs!!!

The Eagles will play Carolina, NO, or Atlanta on Jan. 13. My guess is that it will be Carolina!

So my Wild Card weekend picks are.....

I will take KC over Tennessee.

Think the LA RAMS will beat Atlanta.

I also think that BUFFALO will win out over Jacksonville. Looks like McCoy will play. 

And I believe CAROLINA will eke out a victory over NO.

All four games will be fun! Good luck to all!!

Respected Contributor

Chiefs over Titans                     Andy Reid

Rams over Falcons                  Gurley is a beast!!

Bills over Jags                          I think Shady will play

Saints over Panthers                Brees has experience

Good Luck to all teams, mine will see you next season!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife @szip

I think thats so neat what the Bill's fans did for Andy Dalton's charity.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

The Eagles will play Carolina, NO, or Atlanta on Jan. 13. My guess is that it will be Carolina!

I also think that BUFFALO will win out over Jacksonville. Looks like McCoy will play. 

My best guess is it'll be New Orleans. Drew Brees and those running backs (Kamarra and Ingram) combined with a good defense, are going to be tough to beat. If Cam Newton has a great game, the Panthers could pull it out, but I'm not optimistic.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@yellowBeetle wrote:

My best guess is it'll be New Orleans. Drew Brees and those running backs (Kamarra and Ingram) combined with a good defense, are going to be tough to beat. If Cam Newton has a great game, the Panthers could pull it out, but I'm not optimistic.

@gardenman

I think you could very well be right! I used the word "eke" because if Carolina does manage to win, I think it will be by the slimmest of margins! Woman Happy

(Maybe subconsciously I am hoping it will be Carolina because, quite honestly, I cringe at the thought of the Eagles going up against Brees and Co.!!Woman Wink)

Honored Contributor

Game day one of wild card weekend is now upon us! Today we get to see the Titans go to KC to take on the Chiefs. I have a bad feeling this won't end well for the Titans unless they unleash Mariota and let him do his thing.

Then we've got the Falcons going to the Rams. I think this will be the better of the two games. I don't really have a feel for who will win this one.

While sitting by the door waiting for a Fed-Ex package that never showed up yesterday, I was idly playing some games on my tablet, and got one of those weird sort of visions/premonitions that Chase Daniel would end up as QB for the Saints in one of the playoff rounds. I could see him grabbing his helmet and running onto the field. We'll see what happens in the next week or two, but that was one of those weird moments you get from time to time. Sadly, I never get those premonitions about the winning lottery numbers.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Game day one of wild card weekend is now upon us! Today we get to see the Titans go to KC to take on the Chiefs. I have a bad feeling this won't end well for the Titans unless they unleash Mariota and let him do his thing.

Then we've got the Falcons going to the Rams. I think this will be the better of the two games. I don't really have a feel for who will win this one.

While sitting by the door waiting for a Fed-Ex package that never showed up yesterday, I was idly playing some games on my tablet, and got one of those weird sort of visions/premonitions that Chase Daniel would end up as QB for the Saints in one of the playoff rounds. I could see him grabbing his helmet and running onto the field. We'll see what happens in the next week or two, but that was one of those weird moments you get from time to time. Sadly, I never get those premonitions about the winning lottery numbers.

If Daniels ends up as QB it could be because Brees got hurt (I hope not) or the Saints are so far ahead that they can pull some of the starters. 

I have no feel for the Buffalo-Jacksonville game; can't guess how that will turn out. 

BTW, do you have any premonition on who will be the next coach for the Colts? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw

Sadly those annoying premonitions just pop in on their own accord and none have popped up as to the Colts head coach. My gut says they might make a play for Sean Payton however. When they heard that he'd been offered to the Rams and Niners last year, someone in Colts management contacted the Saints to inquire about him. They opted to stick with Pagano, but the Saints reportedly aren't happy paying Payton $9 million a year and want him off their books. We could see the Colts trade for him. The asking price this year could be lower as Payton would have one less year on his contract, or it could be higher if the Saints go far into the playoffs. Don't be shocked to see him as the new Colts coach however. They were interested last year, they likely still would be this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Fired up in Chiefs Kingdom today!!!!  Will get to see the game televised in my "non-market" location. Only downside = Gruden is one of the national commentators. UGH  Guess I could hit MUTE and follow along on Twitter with the KC sportswriters.

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

Fired up in Chiefs Kingdom today!!!!  Will get to see the game televised in my "non-market" location. Only downside = Gruden is one of the national commentators. UGH  Guess I could hit MUTE and follow along on Twitter with the KC sportswriters.

The good news is this should be Gruden's last game as the broadcaster. He's reportedly going to be announced formally as the new head coach of the Raiders on Tuesday. He's put together quite an impressive coaching staff, rumored to be the highest paid coaching staff ever assembled, if you can believe the rumors. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!