Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Wild Card Weekend!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Did anyone notice that a whistle was blown at the end of the 2nd quarter? It was right before the touchdown pass to Tyler Boyd; there was an errant whistle while the ball was in the air, and it shouldn't have counted as a touchdown. The play apparently wasn't reviewable. People will be talking about that for quite awhile. 

On a side note: I like the name Divine Deablo, LB for the Raiders. 

@teganslaw @gardenman 

Yep, the NFL officiating is getting ALMOST as BAD as the NBA.....they were saying the NFL rules dont address "whistled plays"....but they said at the March Owners meeting they should be addressing that gaff for the future....WE'LL SEE!!!

P.S. LOL---"Divine Diablo" sounds like the name of a Las Vegas "entertainer" 😉.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have to admit after awhile I started flipping from the Patriots/Bills game and took some time out to watch the NBA Spurs/Clippers game ...... more competitive....and my Spurs WON! 😁

Perhaps covid and starters not playing impacted who got into the NFL playoffs.....and the wrong team got in..Perhaps the NFL needs to perhaps include an asterisk by the 2022 Playoff participants/winners....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Joe Burrow should win Comeback Player of the Year. Dak Prescott is also in the running, and it remains to be seen how he'll play today. Do playoffs count in voting these awards? 

I want to see the Eagles play well. If not win, at least make it a close game. Brady will be targeting Gronk, and statistics show that the Eagles give up points to tight ends. If they can somehow limit that, it will help Philly in the long run. Good luck. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

LOL Goff's girlfriend..... SMH 😄

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Yeah, stopping Gronk will be an issue for the Eagles. If I was the DC, I'd put Avonte Maddox and TJ Edwards on Gronk. Avonte has the speed to stay with Gronk and Edwards can be as physical as Gronk. If Avonte can't stop him from catching the ball, you want someone there big enough to tackle him. Edwards is a pretty good pass defender also.

I always get frustrated when teams let guys like Gronk or Kelce of the Chiefs get free. You know the QB is looking for that guy. Why don't you cover him? "Oops! We forgot!" No! You can't forget to cover guys like that. You're apt to see both guys wide open making big plays today and you just want to scream at the TV. If you're doubling him the odds of both guys forgetting to cover him are a bit less.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Enjoyed the Bengals/Raiders game....I was torn ----I like both teams and especially relate to long time suffering fans (am one of them also).....

Loved seeing Ickey Woods doing his famous shuffle dance....and how the Bengals honored him with a rendition when they made their first TD..... And then I like Derek Carr and some of the Raider players too......

So sorry Raider fans and CONGRATS to the Bengals and their fans, including my very own cat, Figgy, who is PROUDLY wearing her Bengals collar!!! 

The Raiders may be poaching a new head coach off the WFT staff. Scott Turner very briefly posted a photo online last week or so of him dressed all in black looking around the Raider's stadium. It was an odd shot to post, and he quickly replaced it with one of him in the WFT clothing. He's never been with the Raiders, so it was an odd thing to post. The WFT did play the Raiders in week 13, so maybe some discussions took place then and there's an agreement in place. We'll have to see what happens.  

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

I didnt care for some of the Raider's defense schemes last night....

As far as the Eagles and the Bucs---Tom Brady knew what he was doing in inviting Gronk to join him in Tampa.....Gronk is strong and physical and tall!!! What a weapon!!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Enjoyed the Bengals/Raiders game....I was torn ----I like both teams and especially relate to long time suffering fans (am one of them also).....

Loved seeing Ickey Woods doing his famous shuffle dance....and how the Bengals honored him with a rendition when they made their first TD..... And then I like Derek Carr and some of the Raider players too......

So sorry Raider fans and CONGRATS to the Bengals and their fans, including my very own cat, Figgy, who is PROUDLY wearing her Bengals collar!!! 

The Raiders may be poaching a new head coach off the WFT staff. Scott Turner very briefly posted a photo online last week or so of him dressed all in black looking around the Raider's stadium. It was an odd shot to post, and he quickly replaced it with one of him in the WFT clothing. He's never been with the Raiders, so it was an odd thing to post. The WFT did play the Raiders in week 13, so maybe some discussions took place then and there's an agreement in place. We'll have to see what happens.  

@gardenman 

I heard about the Scott Turner photo....There's an old time connection, his dad, Novral, coached the Raiders 2004/2005....and rumors if Harbaugh leaves Michigan and the Raiders fire Bisaccia (even though Mark Davis gave him their vote of confidence and said he's their coach ya never know),if the Raiders go with Harbaugh he could already have his sights on Scott Turner.as OC...but  I think the Raiders are all in on Bisaccia for now anyway...but STAY TUNED....

There's an interesting rumor circulating about the future of the Cowboy's OC too----  Moore has already interviewed with the Jags for their HC position....and to entice Moore stay the Cowboys just might get rid of McCarthy and promote Moore to Cowboy's HC...or so the rumor goes.....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I wouldn't rule out anything with JJ. He's moaned about not keeping Sean Payton for years now. If he feels Kellen Moore is another Payton, he could flush McCarthy and give the team to Moore.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Ryan Kerrigan is getting the start today. It would be nice to see him have a big game today.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!