Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL Wild Card Weekend!!!

Did anyone notice that a whistle was blown at the end of the 2nd quarter? It was right before the touchdown pass to Tyler Boyd; there was an errant whistle while the ball was in the air, and it shouldn't have counted as a touchdown. The play apparently wasn't reviewable. People will be talking about that for quite awhile. 

On a side note: I like the name Divine Deablo, LB for the Raiders. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

That was not a well-officiated game in any way, but it is what it is. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

very sorry raiders fans......was hoping that they could pull out a win. bengals fans......congrats on this win today! 

the officiating? wow......the officials AND the men upstairs really blew some calls.. hard to watch those plays again because some of the plays really changed the momentum of the game.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The Bills are just crushing the Patriots so far. Not much of a game in the first half. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

did the patriots party too much this week?

this is not even a game at this point.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

And it's game day number two! The Eagles take on the Bucs to start things off today. The predicted rain is now supposed to stop pre-game, so that's good. The winds are still said to be blowing 30-40 MPH, so that's not so good. The Eagles enter the game moderately healthy. Josh Sweat and Nate Herbig are questionable, but both will likely start. If things hold true to form, the Eagles will start out with a very passive defense letting the Bucs move the ball up and down the field at will, while the fans pull their hair out, then later in the game we'll start playing more aggressively and shut them down. If you believe the rumors, the Eagles were planning to play the Bucs since week 17, and have made some changes to their running game to take advantage of the Bucs' weaknesses. We'll have to see how it all plays out. I'm still cautiously optimistic the Eagles can get the win.

Then we get the Cowboys/Niners. Which of the two QBs in this game will be hot? Both can look great or ordinary and you never know which one will show up. I don't think the Niners feel as much pressure in this game as the Cowboys, and that might give them an edge. 

And tonight, we have the Steelers meandering their way out to KC to take on the Chiefs. This looks like it should be a lop-sided rout, but Mike Tomlin and the Steelers are playing the "We're just lucky to be here and we know we're not competitive with them" game, so expect the Steelers to come out breathing fire. If the Chiefs believe the press, and teams often do, they're apt to be caught with their pants down.

It should be a fun day of football watching.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

No, that was just how they have been playing. Didn't even deserve to be there, and I say that as a fan. 

They need to revamp the entire defense, and fire the defensive coordinator. But of course he won't be fired because he's Belichick's son.

Also all credit to the Bills and most especially Josh Allen. I think he is the best QB in football, outside of Tom Brady. Gives Tom quite a run in that department imo.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

In non-playoff-related news, Russell Wilson wants to "explore all of his options" this offseason. Uh, okay. Your options are to retire or play for the Seahawks. You can try and force a trade, but if they call your bluff, your only options are to retire or play for the Seahawks. There are two years left on the contract.

If he does try to force a trade, where does he go? The Giants? Do they give up their two high first-round picks plus something to get him? The Seahawks could ask for those two picks and Daniel Jones, plus maybe a bit more, to give up Wilson.

The Lions? Do they really want to alienate Christen Harper (Jared Goff's girlfriend) by bringing in a new QB? Probably not. They became a .500 team after seeing her celebrate a win. You build your team around a girl like that. Granted, if they included her and Goff in a trade, it might make Seattle more tempted to move Wilson. Who wouldn't trade a top-tier QB for a girl like her?

The Steelers will really need a new QB in 2022. I'm not sure they have the assets necessary to get an upper-tier guy though. They may have to use whatever they have to replace Ben.

I could see the Texans making a QB swap where disgruntled QBs swap from one team to the next. The Texans get Wilson/Rodgers and the Seahawks/Packers get Watson. Kind of a win/win for everyone. Assuming Watson isn't in jail or suspended. 

The WFT/Commanders/whatever could use a guy like Wilson, but do they have the ammo to go and get him? The Texans wanted three first-round picks and at least two second-round picks for Watson. I'm assuming the price tag for Wilson would be similar. Do you invest that much in a QB?

And of course, there's Denver. They've interviewed the Packers offensive coordinator for their head coaching job. They were the hot rumor to get Rodgers back in the pre-draft period in 2021. If they hire his OC as their new head coach it could be a sign they haven't given up on that. If they can't get Rodgers, they'll be in the market for someone, Wilson/Watson. 

It's going to be a very interesting offseason.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

No, that was just how they have been playing. Didn't even deserve to be there, and I say that as a fan. 

They need to revamp the entire defense, and fire the defensive coordinator. But of course he won't be fired because he's Belichick's son.

Also all credit to the Bills and most especially Josh Allen. I think he is the best QB in football, outside of Tom Brady. Gives Tom quite a run in that department imo.

It's going to be an interesting offseason for the Patriots. They signed eleven free agents last year for $160 million in guaranteed money. Some earned their keep, others, not so much. Do they invest heavily in free agents again? They're no longer the AFC East beast. That's now the Bills. Can they buy their way back into contention? Will free agents want to play for them? Bill Belichick isn't the most player-friendly coach in the league. Players would sign with the Patriots knowing they'd get to the playoffs and even the Super Bowl. That's not such a sure thing now. They'll have enough cap space ($27 million) to make some moves. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Enjoyed the Bengals/Raiders game....I was torn ----I like both teams and especially relate to long time suffering fans (am one of them also).....

Loved seeing Ickey Woods doing his famous shuffle dance....and how the Bengals honored him with a rendition when they made their first TD..... And then I like Derek Carr and some of the Raider players too......

So sorry Raider fans and CONGRATS to the Bengals and their fans, including my very own cat, Figgy, who is PROUDLY wearing her Bengals collar!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”