Respected Contributor

Re: NFL Wild Card Weekend Games 2019!!!

I certainly understand the predictions of the Eagles winning over the Bears due to their experience.

We here in the Chicago area are shocked and happy with the unexpected success of the Bears this year.

I wouldn't count the Bears out too easily.  They have won games no one predicted they will, they are playing in Chicago, and there is just "something" about them this year.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Antonio Brown is just a diva, you could even see it when he was on DWTS.....now he wants to be traded, and he was also upset the Steeler's players awarded  their teammate MVP award to

JuJu instead of him.....Brown is talented but also too full of himself....

I figured something was up when he wasn't suited up on Sunday. Instead stood on the sideline wearing a mink coat. *eyeroll*

Ben says he has no idea of any big fight.

I guess we will see what Tomln says today.

But by all means, if you aren't happy with the Rooney's or Steelers org...just go. I think we are all tired (in Pittsburgh) of the never ending drama on this team

@nun ya

Antonio also skipping practices before the final game.....just a ton of trouble....

I don't follow this particular saga.

However, in general, it never fails to shock me when these guys behave badly.  They are MILLIONAIRES, yet act like spoiled children.  Skipping practices or whaever is just shocking to me.

Does no one ever shake them and try to reason with them?  Like how fortunate they are to be there?

I am always blown away by these stories.

Hyacinth

"Does no one ever shake them and try to reason with them?" Some try, but more often than not the predominant message they're getting is the exact opposite of what they should be getting. Friends, family, fans, agents, sportswriters, etc. all tell them how great they are. How wonderful they are. How the team would be nothing without them.They get paid millions to essentially play a kid's game.

In the case of AB, he was on "Dancing with the Stars" which proved to him that he was a star. He was featured on the premiere episode of "The Masked Singer" on Fox. He was made one of the highest paid wide receivers in the history of the game. Before each game other teams talk about how they have to contain him, keep him in check, in order to win. He's made the Pro Bowl multiple times. Everyone tells him how special, wonderful, gifted he is. Fans love him. They buy his jersey in big numbers. People tell him how the team would be nothing without him. When you hear that 24/7/365 for years, you start to believe it.

A guy like AB would have been wooed from the time he first stepped onto a high school field. College coaches/recruiters would court him. Then NFL coaches and GM's court him in the predraft process. Then he slips to the sixth round and he vows to prove those who doubted him wrong, and he largely does. He knows he's special and that people don't appreciate how great he really is. For the coach to side with the quarterback over him? Why that's jut unthinkable! 

Keeping an ego in check is very hard for many people. They're told how speical they are so much, that they end up believing it. They end up accepting that the team would be nothing without them. They know they're special and no one should ever doubt it. While many/most fans would just as soon he drop dead now, there are still a small pool of his insiders who are assuring him he's absolutely right and he's on the right side. "They'll see. You'll prove them all wrong."

Wide receivers tend to have somewhat diva-like personalities to begin with. In a team sport, they play a non-team position. They're out there all alone, one on one, mano-a-mano with a DB. They get the spotlight when they play well. Highlight shows show them making a leaping, one-handed catch and the crowd goes wild. They may have run the route totally wrong which is why they had to make the one-handed leaping grab, but no one cares. "Wow! What a catch!" It's easy for them to forget it's a team sport. They always feel like they're open also and the quarterback missed them. That frustrates them. "I was wide open!" We saw Kirk Cousins and one of his receviers having a very heated discussion on the sidelines this past week. It's not uncommon. They always want the ball thrown to them and if it isn't, it's the quarterback's fault.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Some interesting news out of the Giants' offices. Dave Gettleman, their GM isn't committed to Eli Manning returning next year. Pat Shurmur (their head coach) was all positive about Eli returning, but Gettleman is saying he wants time to study the film first, before making a decision. What he'll see is the streaky Eli we've seen in recent years. Eli will play well for five, six games in a row, but play pretty average (at best) the rest of the time. Those hot streaks have kept him in the league, but they aren't enough to make the team good. Some years he'll start off hot, then fade. Other years he'll finish up hot to save his job. This year was one of those finish hot years. It may not have been enough to save his job this time around though. We'll have to see what Gettleman decides.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

AB was whooping it up with James Harrison online yesterday,,,,during Tomlins conference.

Harrison is hardly the guy to take advice from. 

Jesse James said...oh man, we've turned into the Kardashians LOL

Respected Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

AB was whooping it up with James Harrison online yesterday,,,,during Tomlins conference.

Harrison is hardly the guy to take advice from. 

Jesse James said...oh man, we've turned into the Kardashians LOL

And somewhere along the way he had time to appear on The Masked Singer !!!

hahahahahahaha

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Tucker or Vinatieri for G.O.A.T of 2018? The answer is subjective; it depends on what determines G.O.A.T. 

Tucker has the highest field goal percentage (90.176%) of all kickers in NFL history. He is also the most accurate. Very impressive stats. 

Vinatieri is the one you want for clutch performances. His field goals won two Superbowl game for the Patriots (I don't hold it against him for being a Patriot), and he has more experience than Tucker. 

In short, I'd take Vinatieri for all time G.O.A.T, but Tucker is the one for the year 2018. 

Did anyone see Matt Prater's TD pass vs the Packers!!???

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Some interesting news out of the Giants' offices. Dave Gettleman, their GM isn't committed to Eli Manning returning next year. Pat Shurmur (their head coach) was all positive about Eli returning, but Gettleman is saying he wants time to study the film first, before making a decision. What he'll see is the streaky Eli we've seen in recent years. Eli will play well for five, six games in a row, but play pretty average (at best) the rest of the time. Those hot streaks have kept him in the league, but they aren't enough to make the team good. Some years he'll start off hot, then fade. Other years he'll finish up hot to save his job. This year was one of those finish hot years. It may not have been enough to save his job this time around though. We'll have to see what Gettleman decides.

maybe, just maybe they are going to be eyeing flacco?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@gardenman

Where oh where are the quiet WR's like Art Monk .......sure miss it.....

I was surprised about the Vike's Thielen and his antics with Cousins...he always seemed like a nice humble guy....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Domestic violence charges against Reuben Foster dismissed.

The alleged victim was Foster’s ex-girlfriend and the same woman who recanted previous domestic violence allegations against Foster in 2018 actions. Foster’s agent told TMZ he believes the case was dismissed because of “issues with the witness’ credibility.” However, the NFL has disciplined players in the past without criminal charges being filed, so Foster may still face a penalty. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The Reuben Foster situation is a bit complex. The woman who accused him this time had a scratch on her shoulder from the altercation, but has now recanted again. After her first recantation in the earlier incident, she later said in an interview that it had really happened and she recanted to help save his career. Her credibility as a witness isn't great at this time as to whether it did or didn't happen, as she's now recanting again. This is where you really wish there was surveillance footage of the incident so you'd really know what happened, or fully accurate lie detectors.

The kid has issues of some sort, no matter what. He had the marijuana arrest earlier, the gun charges earlier, the earlier domestic assault charge, now the later domestic assault charge. The commissioner will have a long, long chat with the kid at some point. His breaking team rules and bringing his girlfriend to the team hotel was the final straw for the Niners.

At the very least, he's got some self-discipline issues to work out. He just feels like a bad guy to me. Any one incident individually can be overlooked. The marijuana, eh, okay. The gun charge, eh, okay. The first domestic assault, not good, but the "victim" now says it never happened. (Except for in the later interview where she claimed it did, but she denied it to help him out.) The second domestic assault charge? Really not good, but once again the victim, despite there being some physical evidence, again denies it. And the breaking team rules, eh, okay. You can overlook one, maybe two of those issues and say, "These things happen," but all of that in one calendar year is a whole lot of "Those things happening." 

I personally wouldn't touch the guy with a ten foot pole after all of that. The Redskins think his former Alabama teammates can help straighten him out. I'd be more worried about him leading them astray. He's a good linebacker, but so are a whole lot of other, safer guys. There were just too many things in too short of a time for me to feel comfortable with him being a centerpiece of my defense. A suspension of some sort is almost certainly coming and it could be a long one. On the risk/reward balance scale, he tips a whole lot onto the risk side and not nearly enough on the reward side.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!