Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Wild Card Weekend Games 2019!!!

I feel bad for the Bears . . and I'm a Vikings fan.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

What are the odds of the game ending like this? Chicago players and Matt Nagy looked shocked. This was a good weekend of football, though some were disappointed. Home field advantage didn't make much difference.

The Eagles go to NO next. That should be a good game. 

Sunshine45, are you playing daily fantasy or did you have a regular team this season? I only play daily.  where you change lineups each week according to the match up.  NFL website has a fantasy section which could help you decide your lineup. 

@teganslaw

it is a daily fantasy.....one and done with players. i cannot use any of the same players for the rest of the tournament. i have a week to come up with a new roster.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Some fun facts from wildcard weekend.

Colts only team to blow out and dominate their opponent. They rushed for 200 yards against the best rush team defense in the league. Imagine what they could do with KC who is 31st.

First year QB still have trouble winning playoff games.

Cowboys only home team to win.

Bears and ravens prove no matter how good your defense is you still have to put points up to win playoff games.

Honored Contributor

The Cody Parkey kick that doinked off the upright was apparently tipped by Eagles defensive tackle Treyvon Hester, so the miss wasn't totally Parkey's fault. It felt like a week after it hit the upright before it hit the crossbar, then another week until it came down on the missed side of the crossbar. Whew! Well, that was an unforgettable game. Last year the Eagles won against Atlanta when a last second pass to Julio Jones went through his hands. These first round playoff games are aging me quickly. Now, on to New Orleans where we're nine point underdogs. It should be fun.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

dont know who i am more upset with at this point.......lamar jackson or john harbaugh?

whyyyyyyyyy did we not play flacco? i think that was a huge mistake.

lamar has not looked good at all today. this is why inexperience can hurt you in the end.

cannot believe that jtuck missed that field goal either.

how disappointing, but even if we had managed to pull this off we would not have been ready for the patriots next week. i am not even sure about how well rivers can do against the patriots.

@teganslaw @sunshine45

So sorry Sunshine

I was waiting for Harbaugh to put in Flacco.....Lamar was off his game....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

The Cody Parkey kick that doinked off the upright was apparently tipped by Eagles defensive tackle Treyvon Hester, so the miss wasn't totally Parkey's fault. It felt like a week after it hit the upright before it hit the crossbar, then another week until it came down on the missed side of the crossbar. Whew! Well, that was an unforgettable game. Last year the Eagles won against Atlanta when a last second pass to Julio Jones went through his hands. These first round playoff games are aging me quickly. Now, on to New Orleans where we're nine point underdogs. It should be fun.

@gardenman

CONGRATS to your Eagles!--WOW what a game!!!!  When Foles is the Eagles QB he seems to bring luck to your team and good things happen at the end of games! That last drive!....Yep the kick was tipped, but it was funny how the football did a double wonk---hit both the upright and the crossbar! (the expression on Trubisky's face after the missed FG) If I was the Eagles I'd find some way to keep Foles!....Onward to New Orleans .... should be a fun game!

Can some team PLEASE beat the Cowboys! Woman Frustrated

@teganslaw

Your Colts look like the hottest team and most balanced team right now!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Well, that was an interesting weekend of games. Pete Carroll largely took the ball out of the hands of his best player in Russell Wilson by consistently running on first and second down and then counting on Wilson to work a miracle on third downs. That's not an effective strategy. You need to keep a defense off balance, Throw when they expect run, and run when they expect you to throw.

The Texans got off to a slow start that ultimately killed them. After giving up 21 points in the first half they shut down the Colts the rest of the game, but it was too late. Too many missed opportunities for the Texans that they just couldn't convert.

The Ravens looked lost for the first three quarters of the game. Lamar Jackson was fumbling the ball on a regular basis and the team just wasn't executing. They did get back on track late in the game, but needed an onsides kick recovery to have a chance, only to miss out. (The NFL needs to rethink the rules for an onsides kick to give a team a real chance.)

And the Eagles limped into Soldier Field and left with a victory. We'll know a lot more about the future of the Bears by today's end of season press conference by the head coach. Cody Parkey has been getting most of the blame for the loss, but in fact, it was his line in front that allowed penetration by Treyvon Hester who got a finger on the ball and deflected it left and into the upright. If Nagy doesn't clear up that Parkey made a good kick, it'll send a bad signal to the rest of the team. Parkey's kick was heading just inside the right upright until Hester got a finger on it and sent it left. Great job by Hester, bad job by the Bears line. Really bad that the Bears who let Hester in didn't accept responsibility right away and let Parkey take the heat. Cody's a good team-first kind of guy who took the heat despite knowing he'd made a good kick and did his job. Cody Parkey is getting death threats for missing the kick when he did his job just fine. Nagy needs to clear that up and pin the blame on the line that allowed the penetration. 

So, the wild card weekend is done, tonight we have the college championship, then next week the divisional round of the playoffs. That divisional round is always interesting and sometimes unexpected. You typically want a bye, but some teams are good off a bye while others come out sluggish and unprepared for a real game. You never truly know what to expect from a team that's had a week off. In some cases, the Saints being a good example, it's been more like three weeks off for some of their stars as they sat them in the season finale. Can a player not play for three weeks then come back out and pick up where they left off three weeks ago? Is it better to be a wild card winner riding momentum than a team that's largely sat and watched football for the last two to three weeks? We'll get some answers next weekend. It should be fun.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!