Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL Wild Card Weekend Games 2019!!!

This is not the Lamar Jackson I've seen in past games; he's not playing well.  Nerves in his first playoff game maybe? The Ravens' defense has kept the Chargers from touchdowns, otherwise things would look different.  Analysts are saying that Harbaugh should consider bringing Flacco in the second half. Maybe Jackson will make some adjustments during halftime. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

This is not the Lamar Jackson I've seen in past games; he's not playing well.  Nerves in his first playoff game maybe? The Ravens' defense has kept the Chargers from touchdowns, otherwise things would look different.  Analysts are saying that Harbaugh should consider bringing Flacco in the second half. Maybe Jackson will make some adjustments during halftime. 

I think he's trying too hard. He just needs to relax and play his game. He's trying to do too much. Just make his drop, find the open guy, deliver the ball. Run when he can, but just do what he's done most of his life.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

dont know who i am more upset with at this point.......lamar jackson or john harbaugh?

whyyyyyyyyy did we not play flacco? i think that was a huge mistake.

lamar has not looked good at all today. this is why inexperience can hurt you in the end.

cannot believe that jtuck missed that field goal either.

how disappointing, but even if we had managed to pull this off we would not have been ready for the patriots next week. i am not even sure about how well rivers can do against the patriots.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

It shows that the Ravens have moved on from Joe Flacco; I don't know of any  other reason why Harbaugh stayed with Jackson when he was struggling. Were the fans booing Jackson or Harbaugh? Jackson did improve in the fourth quarter, but it was a bit late. 

I think the Chargers can do well against the Patriots. Their kicker, Badgley, was with the Colts in the preseason. I was impressed with him then, and he's done well with his new team. 

Tough loss, Sunshine45. There are going to be major changes with the Ravens in the off season. 

Mark Twain
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

they were booing both harbaugh and jackson.

lots of fans on social media now calling for the firing of harbaugh.

lamar is our future, but they should have put flacco in today to see if he could have made a difference. it was a horrible game to watch if you were a ravens fan and it ended as the rest of the game went......with a fumble.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Well, that was an odd first half. Dumb mistakes by the Eagles have kept the Bears in the game. Two interceptions from Foles, three dropped interceptions by Eagles' DB's, two stupid penalties giving the Bears a first down, and more. The Bears are being outplayed, but leading 6-3. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

WOW!!! What a weird game! The Bears fans are going to be killing themselves losing a game like that. Wow, just wow!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

wow......what a sad ending to that eagles bears game (well, not sad for gardenman for sure. lol)

cannot believe the bears kicker made that first kick and then had to try another......and it hit the posts and did not go in......

Honored Contributor

more sadness for me also......i am in last place in the fantasy football group i am in. better luck next week hopefully. i may have to ask for some recommendations here before i put my team in..

Esteemed Contributor

What are the odds of the game ending like this? Chicago players and Matt Nagy looked shocked. This was a good weekend of football, though some were disappointed. Home field advantage didn't make much difference.

The Eagles go to NO next. That should be a good game. 

Sunshine45, are you playing daily fantasy or did you have a regular team this season? I only play daily.  where you change lineups each week according to the match up.  NFL website has a fantasy section which could help you decide your lineup. 

Mark Twain