Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL Wild Card Weekend Games 2019!!!

@sunshine45 wrote:

first time ever doing a post season fantasy football.

this game isnt helping me much though.

not a fun one to watch if you are not a fan of either team.

do the colts look really good or do the texans look really bad? if the colts look really good i am counting on them next week if they move forward!

Of course, I'm a bit biased but the Colts look really good. Luck has been protected, he can escape the pocket and make throws. He has a great connection with Hilton and Ebron. Their defesne has also stepped up with Nelson and  Leonard.

The Texans aren't a bad team, but the Colts have dominated them whenever they played each other. It's like Indy has their number, and the Houston has no idea how to cover them. 

Indy would play Kansas City next week if they maintain the lead. Luck vs Mahomes, should be a good one. Good luck in your fantasy football. I've been playing fantasy for a couple years. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@teganslaw

My sister wants the Giants to keep Eli as starting QB(he's her favorite player), and trade Odell (she can't stand him)......

Well supposedly Snyder told Jay Gruden he's the Redskins head coach in 2019...........Here's Gruden's state of the Redskins comments:  When everyone gets back healthy, we have a good nucleus of players, work ethic and talent,” Gruden said. “It starts with the line of scrimmage. We were decimated with one of our strengths on the offensive line and that turned into one of our weaknesses. But I feel optimistic there. The quarterback issues are a little scary, and we have to find more playmakers on offense. But it all starts up front.”

Good to hear your center is ready to play.....And NRG Stadium is not only TY's second home, it's real nice for fans--both for Texan fans and opponent's fans........Ill take it over Jerry World anyday!

@teganslaw @sunshine45

Hey if the Colts/Raven game ends in a tie Tucker and Vinateri should have a "kickoff" to break the tie and determine the winner---should they do the most consecutive kicks or longest kick?

LOL @Spurt

i sure would be feeling a lot better if it was an "all kicking" game, thats for sure!

i did have vinatieri this week for my fantasy football picks.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

do the colts look really good or do the texans look really bad? if the colts look really good i am counting on them next week if they move forward

Its a little bit of both.i think the colts are that good but the Texans are also bad.

Honored Contributor

we actually have a good game to watch......seahawks cowboys.

i felt so badly for janikowski though.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I'm a huge Bears fan! 

I remember the 85 Bears better than any year but I'm hopeful this year (tomorrow is do or die... I know),  believe it or not my 2nd choice is the Patriots.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

do the colts look really good or do the texans look really bad? if the colts look really good i am counting on them next week if they move forward!

Of course, I'm a bit biased but the Colts look really good. Luck has been protected, he can escape the pocket and make throws. He has a great connection with Hilton and Ebron. Their defesne has also stepped up with Nelson and  Leonard.

The Texans aren't a bad team, but the Colts have dominated them whenever they played each other. It's like Indy has their number, and the Houston has no idea how to cover them. 

Indy would play Kansas City next week if they maintain the lead. Luck vs Mahomes, should be a good one. Good luck in your fantasy football. I've been playing fantasy for a couple years. 

@teganslaw @ccassaday

WOW!!!! CONGRATS---Colts looked GREAT!

Image result for nfl colts logo

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I'm a huge Bears fan! 

I remember the 85 Bears better than any year but I'm hopeful this year (tomorrow is do or die... I know),  believe it or not my 2nd choice is the Patriots.

@Mary Bailey

Retired NBA Spur's Star Tim Duncan's favorite NFL team is Da Bears because of the 85 Bears............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt

"...the quarterback issues are a little scary..."

More than a little scary. Alex Smith won't be back until midseason (best case scenario,) and Colt McCoy should be back sooner, but you kind of need quarterbacks for the OTA's and minicamps. Then training camp and the preseason. That's typically when quarterbacks and receivers get their timing down and learn about one another. It's a weak draft relative to quarterbacks, unlike last year where you could grab a Lamar Jackson with the thirty-second pick. The Redskins will need to find a couple of guys, who play similarly to Alex Smith (assuming he eventually comes back as the starter) to handle those duties and one or two will be needed to backup McCoy until Smith comes back. Finding kids who are ready to play a pro style offense isn't easy, but you don't really want to head into next season with a Mark Sanchez as your starter, or primary backup. The Redskins have a very big problem to fix at QB. 

@gardenman

With the QB woes you wonder if Gruden secretly wanted to be fired by Snyder...and maybe his brother would give him a job....But actually the Redskins are in better shape than the Raiders....some say Mark Davis is also strapped for cash....hmmmm...maybe nix that idea Smiley Frustrated...... BTW what do you thinkof mike mayock taking the Raider GM job

I just wasnt sold on Smith from the beginning...too old to put that much faith in him or build around...............

Early Mock Drafts....yep they're out already....have Redskins taking QB in second round....Slim pickins for QBs in this years draft....and the best prospects will be long gone where the Redskins select in Round 1, too many holes to fill to sacrifice to move up.....but Allen is stupid so you never know...  Realistically Redskin fans can only hope McCoy is healed and ready to go......

Redskins got good news, RB Guice, last yrs First Rounder, appears to be ahead of schedule......

Honored Contributor

CONGRATS to Cowboy fans........

Vikings fans, rejoice.

Amid multiple reports suggesting that Vikings coach Mike Zimmer could hire former Raiders and Bengals coach Hue Jackson to run the offense in Minnesota, Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that it’s not expected to happen.....Can you picture the reaction of Kirk Cousins if this came true afterall.....I'd bet he'd tell his agent call the Redskins see if we can get a deal done....Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

The Mike Mayock hire is interesting. He's a draft expert, but being a GM is a lot more than just the draft. The draft is a fairly minimal part of being a GM. You've got to evaluate pro personnel, develop relationships with agents, evaluate and sign free agents, manage the salary cap, keep tabs on unsigned players to come in after injuries, and develop and nuture relationships with your own players and coaches. He could excel, or he could crash and burn. You've got scouts to handle evaluating college players, so he won't even be doing much of what he's best at.

The lack of quality quarterbacks this year apparently has the Eagles re-evaluating the Foles situation. It had been thought they'd either keep him at $20 million, or let him buy his way out for $2 million and become a free agent. Two new options now look more likely. Option one is to sign him to a multi-year deal and then trade him, or tag him for $25 million and trade him. It looks like the Eagles want more than a third round compensatory pick in 2020 for losing Foles. There are a number of teams that need a QB and few options. Jacksonville, Denver, Washington, Miami, and the Giants all could use a guy like Foles. The Eagles have three NFL caliber starting QB's (it looks like they'll use a second round tender on Sudfeld to keep him around) while other teams don't even have one. That puts them in a really good position.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!