Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Wild Card Weekend Games 2019!!!

[ Edited ]

@nun ya wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Antonio Brown is just a diva, you could even see it when he was on DWTS.....now he wants to be traded, and he was also upset the Steeler's players awarded  their teammate MVP award to

JuJu instead of him.....Brown is talented but also too full of himself....

I figured something was up when he wasn't suited up on Sunday. Instead stood on the sideline wearing a mink coat. *eyeroll*

Ben says he has no idea of any big fight.

I guess we will see what Tomln says today.

But by all means, if you aren't happy with the Rooney's or Steelers org...just go. I think we are all tired (in Pittsburgh) of the never ending drama on this team

@nun ya

Antonio also skipping practices before the final game.....just a ton of trouble....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Antonio Brown is just a diva, you could even see it when he was on DWTS.....now he wants to be traded, and he was also upset the Steeler's players awarded  their teammate MVP award to

I figured something was up when he wasn't suited up on Sunday. Instead stood on the sideline wearing a mink coat. *eyeroll*

But by all means, if you aren't happy with the Rooney's or Steelers org...just go. I think we are all tired (in Pittsburgh) of the never ending drama on this team

Trading him becomes very expensive for the Steelers as there would be a $21 million cap hit. Yikes! Getting rid of him in any manner triggers that cap hit from what I've read. Losing an eighth of your salary cap, and a player both, makes flushing him problematic. You still have to pay the other fifty-two guys on the roster. I'm guessing they'll hope he calms down. Apparently he's upset as he feels Tomlin sides with Roethlisberger over him. I'm not sure there's a coach at any level of football who doesn't support the QB more than a wide receiver, but I guess he's peeved about it. A little fence-mending, a little ego-stroking, and chances are he'll come back to Earth a bit.

The Steelers are close to be needing a general rebuild. Ben's getting up there a bit. Le'Veon Bell is leaving. Discipline is a bit lacking. Missing the playoffs should focus the team a bit more, but we'll have to see. The Browns and Ravens are both looking pretty potent for the foreseeable future with their young QB's while the Bengals continue to sputter and the Steelers slip. Kudos to the Ravens in transitioning from Flacco to Lamar Jackson as smoothly as they did. I'm pretty sure Flacco wasn't thrilled about that, but he's a team first kind of guy. It was a bold move by Harbaugh and I'm betting he's had his hands full soothing Flacco, but it worked. The Steelers may need to make a similar move in the very near future to stay competitive over the long term. The Browns and Ravens both seem to be ascending while the Steelers are descending, and the Bengals, well, they're the Bengals.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Colts over Texans-Luck's experience

Seahawks over Cowboys-Not a fan over JJ or Pete Carroll, hope this winner loses fast

Chargers over Ravens-I am feeling Phillip Rivers

Eagles over Bears-Again, experience

Going out on a limb here, my Superbowl picks are Chargers and Saints!!

Chargers take it all!!!

Happy New Year to All!!!

We are looking for a new OC, Jim Bob Cooter is gone, I love saying his name!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hearing Scott Van Pelt's Commentary and reading fan comments...just more thoughts on my Redskins---12 teams with WORSE records than my Redskins, and some teams are perennial cellar dwellers...so why the indifference and/or animosity of Redskin fans....it comes back to ARROGANCE of Allen and Snyder...do other teams make bad decisions....YES!!!  But the attitude of the Redskins owner and GM seems to be, -----put your butt in the seats and just be glad you have an NFL team....

Snyder relies on the teams history, ....and he found out marketing guy's promotional gimmicks won't make the fans come back and if he thinks a shiny new stadium will be a cure all--sorry, that won't solve the issues either.......

Fans were excited and rejuvenated over RGIII---we finally have a QB, but that saga turned into just another episode of drama and dysfunction....and another, "here we go again"......Woman Frustrated  Then the whole botched Kirk Cousins saga....

Fans have written letters, made phone calls, and taken to social media, all of which have been ignored by Snyder.....So FANS ARE JUST FED UP after years and years of mismanagement!!!. The only way they can get a message to thick headed Snyder/Allen is to embarrass them and give Snyder some empty seats and hit him in where it hurts-- revenues---only way  to send a message, and some have stopped caring all together........BTW Snyder hasn't even given Gruden the courtesy to let him know whether he's officially staying or going....that speaks volumes

Jack Kent Cooke wasnt exactly a warm and cuddly owner, his personal life was a soap opera and wouldve made a good reality show...Some said talking to him was comparable to the scene in The Wizard Of Oz when Dorothy and crew first encountered the Wizard and shook and trembled in his presence...But Jack Kent Cooke was smart enough to realize ...he once said-- "But more important, I am the trustee for the best bloody fans on the face of the earth."  Snyder/Allen need to heed those words....Owners/GMS are just trustees--- their task---- put some good/talented/knowledgeable football people in charge that work together--front office and coaches  and get out of their way..make certain that they are making wise decisions and yielding a success.  And remember owners  you cant make an NFL organization a success without fans.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@redwingsgal

So sad he's gone --perhaps not a good coach, but one of the fun names---Jim Bob Cooter Woman LOL

NFL analyst and former Redskin/Steeler, Ryan Clark said the same thing.....Woman LOL

@gardenman

This must be this year's trend in the NFL--the year of the college coach candidate--perhaps due to the NFL adapting to more of a college style offense....Bucs are interested in Notre Dame's Brian Kelly......

I thought this was an interesting comment on your Eagles's QBs---Foles is avoiding the pass rush better than Wentz. Foles has been sacked nine times through five games after Wentz was sacked 31 times in 11 games.

@teganslaw              @sunshine45 

Whose the GOAT among the kickers for 2018 ---- Vinateri or Tucker????

Esteemed Contributor

Tucker or Vinatieri for G.O.A.T of 2018? The answer is subjective; it depends on what determines G.O.A.T. 

Tucker has the highest field goal percentage (90.176%) of all kickers in NFL history. He is also the most accurate. Very impressive stats. 

Vinatieri is the one you want for clutch performances. His field goals won two Superbowl game for the Patriots (I don't hold it against him for being a Patriot), and he has more experience than Tucker. 

In short, I'd take Vinatieri for all time G.O.A.T, but Tucker is the one for the year 2018. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Valued Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Tucker or Vinatieri for G.O.A.T of 2018? The answer is subjective; it depends on what determines G.O.A.T. 

Tucker has the highest field goal percentage (90.176%) of all kickers in NFL history. He is also the most accurate. Very impressive stats. 

Vinatieri is the one you want for clutch performances. His field goals won two Superbowl game for the Patriots (I don't hold it against him for being a Patriot), and he has more experience than Tucker. 

In short, I'd take Vinatieri for all time G.O.A.T, but Tucker is the one for the year 2018. 

Can Vinatieri sing opera?  LOL (check out Tucker on youtube for his opera singing)

Both are certainly worthy and assets to their teams. They may end up in a kickoff if Ravens play the Colts.

Esteemed Contributor

@seehorse wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

Can Vinatieri sing opera?  LOL (check out Tucker on youtube for his opera singing)

Both are certainly worthy and assets to their teams. They may end up in a kickoff if Ravens play the Colts.

I have checked out Tucker on youtube. He could have a second profession as a singer. I don't think Vinatieri can do that! It might come down to a field goal by either one in the end. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

i think they are pretty equal, but when it comes down to it years from now, i think that JTUCK with be the GOAT. hopefully tucker stays healthy.....and powerful.....with a long career ahead of him.

i dont think that vinatieri is in the top ten this season, is he?

right now, JTUCK is the most accurate kicker of all time.

vinatieri is 46, tucker is 29......in football years that is a huge age difference.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@nun ya

Antonio also skipping practices before the final game.....just a ton of trouble....

I don't follow this particular saga.

However, in general, it never fails to shock me when these guys behave badly.  They are MILLIONAIRES, yet act like spoiled children.  Skipping practices or whaever is just shocking to me.

Does no one ever shake them and try to reason with them?  Like how fortunate they are to be there?

I am always blown away by these stories.

Hyacinth