Honored Contributor

@yellowrose

You never know what will happen, but that Eagles' roster looks pretty solid for the next few years. Wentz is special and even this season we had guys sign here for less money to play with Wentz. Players like playing for Doug Pederson. We survived a ton of injuries this year. You've got to think this team will be competitive, if not favored a lot, over the next few years. I'm not sure we'll be a dynasty, but it has that look/feel about it. Finding a guy like Wentz helps a ton. He's another Aaron Rodgers, Roethlisberger, type who can will a team to win. You don't always win, but you can.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt    I watched the game and was on facebook and my phone as well.   I am a Steelers fan as that is where I grew up, but I can tell you everyone was so happy when they won last night.   I thought it was an awesome game!   

I sat there watching them all kiss that trophy and I thought, og my hope no one has the flu.  LOL

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Spurt    I watched the game and was on facebook and my phone as well.   I am a Steelers fan as that is where I grew up, but I can tell you everyone was so happy when they won last night.   I thought it was an awesome game!   

I sat there watching them all kiss that trophy and I thought, og my hope no one has the flu.  LOL

@BalletBabe

Yep, many fans of many teams were happy not just the Eagles................LOL I thought about the flu bug too...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman

I heard some interesting comments....they said the injury that Wentz has takes about a year for full recovery, so they think the Eagles will definitely keep Foles around UNLESS some team comes up with some spectacular offer..........

I couldnt believe it --- the Patriots are picked to win the Super Bowl 53, the Eagles are the second choice...............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I live in Patriots country and watched the game. It was a good game. I am glad the Eagles won. This is a first for them and it was all the more special. I personally don’t like to see the same team dominate. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@gardenman

I heard some interesting comments....they said the injury that Wentz has takes about a year for full recovery, so they think the Eagles will definitely keep Foles around UNLESS some team comes up with some spectacular offer..........

I couldnt believe it --- the Patriots are picked to win the Super Bowl 53, the Eagles are the second choice...............

@Spurt

I think the Eagles will prefer to hold onto Foles, but if Buffalo, Denver, or Arizona dangles the right bait, they could opt to go with Sudfeld instead. The coaches and players love Nate Sudfeld (who the players call "Studfeld") and I think they're comfortable with him if Foles leaves. We got a first and fourth round pick for Bradford. If we could get more for Foles, then he could get moved. I think they'd only move him to a good situation (not Cleveland) but if the offer was good, he could be moved. Recovery from ACL tears can vary a lot, but if Wentz adapts to a less mobile, more pocket style passer, he should be ready to start the season. He won't be a hundred percent until 2019, but he can be very, very effective well before he's a hundred percent.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I really hope the Eagles keep Foles...although they may not. 

Could never understand Chip Kelly trading away Foles ... nor McCoy, either! Foles' record in the 2013 season was phenomenal. And the way he took charge of these last three games has shown what an impressive and talented player he is! I like Wentz very, very much and look forward to his return as the starter...but in a stat comparison of his and Foles' first 27 games in the NFL, Foles actually had better overall numbers! 

And many analysts are skeptical that Wentz will be ready to be the starter in September. Sudfeld could certainly step in but why not keep Foles...if he would be willing? I do think that after what he did for the team in this post-season, that Foles' desires should be considered. Certainly if he would prefer to move on and be a starter somewhere, then he should be given that opportunity, if possibe. But if he would prefer to stay on with the Eagles as the main back-up, then I hope he will be able to do so!

Trusted Contributor

I have to say that Wentz' strength is not as a pocket passer. What makes him impressive is his ability to move and run and dart around in order to finish out plays. Until he is recovered 100% and able to be the mobile Wentz, then it would be foolish, imo, to put him back out there.

Foles is a pocket passer, more like Brady. That is where he excels, as has been evident in these last three games .. and in his amazing 2013 season.

Pederson, to his credit, was able to adapt his offense to both Wentz' and Foles' very different styles of play. The depth and strength of the rest of the offense was so strong that it could be molded and adjusted brilliantly by Pederson to accommodate these two very talented...but very different...QBs. 

Trusted Contributor

Awww....thanks for remembering me.

Life has been ... both difficult and crazy recently; a lot of illness in my family, PLUS my son got married and they have the most glorious little 2-year-old girl. She's going to set the world on fire; we all just adore her.

Honored Contributor

for those who watch bravo and watch what happens live with andy cohen, mychal kendricks, linebacker from the eagles is the bartender tonight! he looks GOOD! he said he hasnt slept since their win.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein