Honored Contributor

Re: NFL SUPER BOWL LII

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Congratulations to the Eagles. Pats defense was abysmal, and I think they were outcoached too. 

I had to turn on the local radio with tv even though it's out of sync. Couldn't take Collinsworth . So over the top, he should have just put on an Eagles cheerleader outfit and been done with it. I can't take him during regular season games either, but last night was even worse.

Rumors flying last night that Gronk is considering retirement. I'm sure it has to do with the concussion. How can he not be thinking of CTE and all of that? It would be a sad day if it happens.

@Greeneyedlady21

You have always been a very gracious Patriot fan..........

They were really talking about Gronk this morning on ESPN on Golic & Wingo....In a post game interview, .it seems someone leaked a personal conversation that Gronk had shared with someone and Gronk was a bit upset with the reporter that asked that question....he said he would take time to evaluate his options (Im paraphrasing)...Gronk left it at that, while Brady was firm in his commitment that he'd be back.....

They said that Gronk lives on his endorsements alone, and saves the money he makes from his NFL salary for his future....

There are many changes taking place in the Patriots organization with MAYBE Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia leaving to take head coaching positions.........maybe Gronk feels the time is right and with his injuries, surgeries, and CTE ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Fly Eagles Fly!  Congratulations to the Eagles on their Super Bowl 52 win (41-33) and to all their fans.  Awesome game!  DH and I watched from start to finish.  Loved seeing Brady being sacked too.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

wrote:

Congratulations to the Eagles! Who figured that Belichick would be outcoached? Pederson made some gutsy calls, which paid off. Apparently, he's been doing that all season. 

NE players were wide open at times, but several of Brady's passes were incomplete. Foles had a better game than Brady IMO. I'm excited about what McDaniels can bring to the Colts' organization after seeing the offense. 

The Eagles' defense, as well as NE's,  was non existent, except for the strip sack of Brady in the 4th quarter. That was a factor in the game.

Does anyone know what a catch is? I thought that the calls were going to be against the Eagles, but instead favored them. It must depend on who is referee at the time. I can't explain it. 

I'm not a fan of Justin Timberlake, so halftime was just OK. It was nice to do a tribute to Prince, though. Pink rocked the National Anthem. 

@teganslaw

One of the things I liked about the Eagles coaching plan is that they stayed aggressive.  So many teams change their entire game plan that got them to the Super Bowl and go so conservative it ends up biting them in the rear end and they end up as the losers........

As for the defenses they tired each other out, and there was no pressure on Brady except for that one KEY play of the game!!!    I think a team with a solid running game to compliment a passing game and win when it comes to time of possession and control of the clock helps defenses....but few teams have that balance anymore...........

The Commish said in an interview that one of the things that will be done in the off season is going to be to scratch what is supposedly considered a catch, and come up with a new definition..................

Im not a fan of Justin Timberlake either.....didnt even watch the whole thing, I helped my friend hosting the party make nachos.........  Pink did rock the National Anthem--GREAT JOB!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE EAGLES & THEIR FANS! Especially @yellowBeetle and @gardenman

What a great game!!! Superb play calling by Doug Pederson!!!  I was a tad disappointed the Eagles defense didnt pressure Brady more....but on that one play when they did....that play was KEY to the win!!!  That and that wonderful trick play on offense.............

A sad note to see Darrell Green bring the trophy to the platform....oh woe is me to see Darrell and what a reminder of the team and organization my team once was and to think what they have become Woman Frustrated

Anyway....CONGRATS EAGLES...well deserved and well played...........I bet anyone who has to deal with any type of business in Philly today is getting ringing phones with no answer as everyone celebrates...............Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt

Thanks so much!!! Woman Happy

It was such an exciting game...was a nervous wreck watching right down to that final throw!! The Patriots are so good...but we did it!!!Woman Wink 

We were still living in the Washington DC area when Darrell Green was a hero! Those were such fun times for the Redskins!! 

Was thinking the NFC East is the nemesis for Brady and Belichick...the Giants with two Super Bowl wins and now the Eagles with one! So who knows...the Redskins or Cowboys could be next!! 

Although I'm hoping this win by the Eagles will be the first of many!!!Cat Wink 

Thanks again!!!

Honored Contributor

was going through my stack of magazines and last weeks sports illustrated issue had nick foles on the cover......some extra good luck for him? i wonder if he will be on this weeks cover also?

sure will be interesting to see what happens with him during the off season.....do the eagles need two great quarterbacks, one of which wont play unless the other is hurt?

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/sites/csnphilly/files/styles/article_hero_image/public/2018/01/23/foles-sportsillustrated.jpg?itok=EQ-l-2dC

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The Eagles are nicely setup for the immediate and long-term future. The heart of the roster is signed through 2021. We'll be getting back our injured guys for next year. We've got some very good young players on the roster who will compete to start. There are no gaping roster holes that have to be filled. We won't lose anyone who's irreplaceable to free agency. 

It's not unreasonable to assume the Eagles will be a playoff team for years to come. The NFC East looks pretty winnable for the foreseeable future. The Niners, Rams, Seahawks, Panthers, Saints, and Packers (assuming Aaron Rodgers is healthy) are all likely playoff capable teams, but none are all that scary.

The coaching staff will remain largely intact. Jim Schwartz will be dying over how his defense performed last night and they likely won't repeat that or he'll kill them. (Schwartz may be the only person unhappy today given how his defense performed.) Things look good for the Eagles in the immediate future.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

One of my favorite Superbowl ads was the one with Eli and OBJ dancing to the song "Time of My Life." It was great how they repeated the "Dirty Dancing" steps. After what the Giants organization went through, good to see that the players still have a sense of humor, and added a positive note to the NFL. 

On the Colts forum. it seems to be only a rumor that McDaniels isn't going to Indy. Most other analysts say that it's going to happen. McDaniels hasn't said anything because he was focusing on the Superbowl. After all the hype, it would be a bad move if he did back out IMO. Everyone will know for sure by the end of the week. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

on a side note.......loved seeing and hearing john harbaugh as a color commentor. he will certainly have a job in broadcasting if he ever decides to get out of coaching!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

So Philly finally did it - finally the Groom instead of a Groomsman.

I send out my Congrats to all the Eagle fans.  I'm happy for you all -

as happy as my COWBOY loyality allows me to be.  Smiley Happy

From what I hear about the Eagle organization - Gardenman you may

be right.  We may be seeing the beginning of an Eagle Dynasty.

Enjoy your victory Eagle fans and the right to call yourselves GOAT for

a year.