Honored Contributor

congratulations to the newest members of the HOF......

i knew that ray lewis would make it in! people here were already making plans to go to the ceremonies during late summer......that was how sure they were.

please let the game today be a fast paced, full of action, close game!

also looking forward to the halftime JT show.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

wrote:

congratulations to the newest members of the HOF......

i knew that ray lewis would make it in! people here were already making plans to go to the ceremonies during late summer......that was how sure they were.

please let the game today be a fast paced, full of action, close game!

also looking forward to the halftime JT show.

I'll take the fast paced, full of action, but I'd just as soon have the Eagles win a one-sided blowout of a game. Something like 57-3 would be fine with me. I could use less stress on my life. Have Nick throw seven or eight touchdown passes then let Nate Sudfeld get a touchdown or two. Let every Eagles player on the roster get some playing time, and just get a nice easy win. That would make me happy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

LOL @gardenman......i have no doubt you want a BIG WIN today! good luck to the eagles and hope you get your wish!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: NFL SUPER BOWL LII

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45

I was happy Ray got in the Hall, but EXTREMELY UPSET that once again Joe Jacoby did not get into the Hall Of Fame Woman Sad   That crybaby Terrell Owens and all the media attention regarding his first snub helped to get him in JMHO.....Woman Mad  At least one time Redskin GM,Bobby Beathard made it, he really helped put the roster together for our successful Redskin teams....a far cry from what we have now...Woman Frustrated  It would have been nice if Big Joe and Bobby couldve been inducted together....wouldve picked up the spirits of Redskin faithful after the recent fiascos....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Eagles fans get a bad rap when they're no better or worse than fans anywhere. There are bad fans everywhere. The Raiders have some really crazy fans. I've heard horror stories of things coming from the Jets/Giants. One Philly reporter drove her car to a Giants game a few years back and came back to find her car had been keyed with every slur known to mankind cut into the paint of her car and a group of fans waiting for her to emerge to taunt her.

If you show up at any stadium cheering against the home team, you're not going to be welcomed. Hockey fans have been known to be especially hostile to those cheering against the home team. Soccer fans have literally killed fans for the other teams.

If you're only going to root for a team where all of the fans are saints, you're not going to root for any team. There are no teams where every fan is a saint. It's that simple. By the way, there is a stat out there for arrests per fanbase, and Philly doesn't even crack the top ten. I believe the Chargers (then in San Diego) led the league in arrests. 

@gardenman  @yellowBeetle

The Eagles may have a bad reputation, but one Redskin fan that had gone to a game in Philly had said the Eagle fans were actually nice, he dropped a glove and an Eagle fan noticed it and retrieved it, and gave it to him, and they ended up having a beer together..........

My NBA Spurs are well known for never trash talking or saying anything bad about the opponent, they are more focused on playing their best.  Spurs fans try to follow suit....but even so, there are a couple of teams---the Rockets and Lakers seem to get under our craw and make the mildest of Spurs fans a tad rowdy.....One year during the playoffs my friends and I contemplated not going to the game and watching it on TV because of the bad fans from Houston that had come to the first game, and some Spurs fans were egged on and it took kind of an almost dangerous turn...the friendly and kind ushers couldnt handle it....So the Spurs employed some under cover security (with guns) that they called "The Men In Black" (like the Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones movie) to make sure order stayed in place....Order was restored and we did end up going to the game and tried to ignore the jerks in attendance... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

we have been to philly many times during the off season of both football and baseball. my daughter lived there for four years. unfortuntely, even when you are wearing a tee shirt to support your home teams (orioles and ravens) you can easily get harrassed on the subway system or in the streets. we are not even in the same leagues as them and they STILL "enjoy" the trash talking.

have never had trouble like that in other big fan based areas like DC, NY, CA (with the exception of raiders fans), FL, or numerous other places traveled.

some of the fans have definitely earned their "bad rap."

@sunshine45 @yellowBeetle

You know whats funny several friends accompanied me to Houston to see my Redskins play the Texans....I had on my Redskin t-shirt, others in our group had non-NFL clothes..I  was treated nicely, but the one they mildly teased was my sister who was wearing her NY Giants jersey....LOL

There were other NFL fans wearing other team jerseys than the Texans and the Texans fans were nice them too....

Now if we had been wearing NBA Spurs shirts in Houston (to antagonize the NBA Rocket fans) it would've been a different story...LOL!!! Thats what my sis wanted us to do--have us all wear Spurs t-shirts, which wouldve been stupid since we were at an NFL game....but thats my sister.....SHEESH!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

It's going to be a long day waiting for kickoff! Hard to believe this will be the last football game we'll see until the preseason starts in August.

@gardenman

😭😭😭

At least the drafts in April...and then training camp will begin in July..........

Honored Contributor

wrote:

via thrillist

All 32 NFL Fanbases, Ranked by Obnoxiousness

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/the-most-obnoxious-fans-in-the-nfl-patriots-raiders-s...

@sunshine45

All that lists says about me and my fellow Redskin fans are that we are idiots for following a bad team....nothing about behaviour. There was a list that summarized the fans for each team and Redskin fans came out as DEPRESSED!!!!  (sadly true)..............

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This won is from 2016 and has 49ers at the top....but Eagles are far below..........Redskin fans didnt make the list.....

https://www.thesportster.com/football/top-15-nfl-teams-with-the-most-fan-arrests/

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

It's going to be a long day waiting for kickoff! Hard to believe this will be the last football game we'll see until the preseason starts in August.

@gardenman

😭😭😭

At least the drafts in April...and then training camp will begin in July..........

Lots of NFL stuff coming. The combine, start of the new league year, trades, free agency, OTA's, and more. The Dolphins have apparently told Suh he's not coming back this year, and he's apparently told the Eagles d-line coach he wants to play for the Eagles and he'll play for free if we'll take him. (The NFLPA won't let him play for free, but veteran's minimum is a real possibility.) Suh apparently likes the idea of joining our d-line rotation. Him, Fletcher Cox, Timmy Jernigan, and our other guys could be kind of intimidating. Lots of players will be moving around including QB's. The season never really ends until early July, when the first real break comes before training camp begins.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!