Respected Contributor

I'm a Steelers fan....rooting for the Eagles!!

Trusted Contributor

GO EAGLES....I am a Bills fan, Pariots are in our division and kill us every year.

SOOOOO Go EAGLES !!!!!! Though T BRADY is a cutie !! lol

Highlighted
Contributor

PATRIOTS ALL THE WAY!  WOOHOOO GO PATS

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I'm not a fan of either team, however I picked one.  I couldn't believe the poor sportsmanship the Eagles fans showed the Viking fans when they were there recently.  So with that, I'll be routing for the Patriots.  🏈🏈🏈

@GCR18

thats what they are KNOWN for.......

(let me add, of course not all of their fans are that way.)

@sunshine45 I don't follow the Eagles, but seem to remember their winning record hasn't been that good in recent years.  I attributed it to that.  Who knows.  😀

Trusted Contributor

FLY,  EAGLES.....FLY!!!!!!!!!!,

Super Contributor

Re: NFL SUPER BOWL LII

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

I'm not a fan of either team, however I picked one.  I couldn't believe the poor sportsmanship the Eagles fans showed the Viking fans when they were there recently.  So with that, I'll be routing for the Patriots.  🏈🏈🏈

@GCR18

thats what they are KNOWN for.......

(let me add, of course not all of their fans are that way.)

Not a good thing to be KNOWN for, IMO.  It was disgraceful the way some of them acted.  It's personal to me being a MN girl. And the F Milly sign...Really???  No excuse for that: it was just simply disgusting!!!

I am very tired of seeing the Patirots win the super bowl, but they are my pick this year.  Would normally root for my division, but not this year.

The higher they fly, the further they fall...time will tell, but sometimes karma is a B...

Respected Contributor

The Eagles fans are sort of the equivalent of the British soccer fans (not quite as bad).  Their own government reigned them in some years ago by not letting their national team play in any international games and even participate in the World Cup.  It must have helped because they are playing abroad again.

Honored Contributor

Eagles fans get a bad rap when they're no better or worse than fans anywhere. There are bad fans everywhere. The Raiders have some really crazy fans. I've heard horror stories of things coming from the Jets/Giants. One Philly reporter drove her car to a Giants game a few years back and came back to find her car had been keyed with every slur known to mankind cut into the paint of her car and a group of fans waiting for her to emerge to taunt her.

If you show up at any stadium cheering against the home team, you're not going to be welcomed. Hockey fans have been known to be especially hostile to those cheering against the home team. Soccer fans have literally killed fans for the other teams.

If you're only going to root for a team where all of the fans are saints, you're not going to root for any team. There are no teams where every fan is a saint. It's that simple. By the way, there is a stat out there for arrests per fanbase, and Philly doesn't even crack the top ten. I believe the Chargers (then in San Diego) led the league in arrests. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

we have been to philly many times during the off season of both football and baseball. my daughter lived there for four years. unfortuntely, even when you are wearing a tee shirt to support your home teams (orioles and ravens) you can easily get harrassed on the subway system or in the streets. we are not even in the same leagues as them and they STILL "enjoy" the trash talking.

have never had trouble like that in other big fan based areas like DC, NY, CA (with the exception of raiders fans), FL, or numerous other places traveled.

some of the fans have definitely earned their "bad rap."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Re: NFL SUPER BOWL LII

[ Edited ]

OK, time for some stats!!! As a fan of the Eagles I want to point out some numbers from a Washington Post article that looked at rowdy NFL fan behavior from 2011 to 2015. They compiled the number of arrests at each stadium and parking lot for each game...

The top three teams for arrests were...

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS...average of 24 arrests per game

NY GIANTS...average of 22 arrests

NY JETS...average of 21 arrests

And it continues on down to the 

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES with just 3 arrests per game!!!

The lowest were the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS averaging just one arrest per game.

The Eagles are no where near the top!!!

I think that 1968 story of a fan dressed as Santa getting pelted by snowballs from angry Eagle fans has become such an often repeated story that Philly just cannot shake it!

Of course Philly has its share of loud, rowdy, uncouth, disruptive fans! But so do all teams!! It certainly is not a good thing...it is disgusting behavior. But Philly ... per the stats...is not even close to the top of teams with dangerous, arrest-worthy bad behavior.

Edited to add the 4th worst city for disruptive behavior was Oakland, followed by Pittsburgh.

And the fIve best-behaved fans were in Seattle, Chicago, Tampa, Houston, and Charlotte.

The story started with a terrifying incident in Baltimore where an Oakland fan attending the game punched a Ravens fan who sustained life-threatening head injuries...thankfully the person recovered.

There is obviously no room for this kind of disgraceful behavior.