Trusted Contributor

I have to laugh.   The TV stations in Phoenix are so gung ho on the 1st preseason games.  They act like it's the playoffs.   They make such a big deal about the upcoming games....promotion, live remotes.... 

Preseason (especially early on) is so boring and no fun to watch on TV because they pull out the first string players so early.   

It's just like everything else in sports... more money, more advertising, more corporate sponsorships.   It's preseason... it's not do or die or relevant except for the coaching staff.

Respected Contributor

I agree.  They really hyped it and then the Cards lost.  Another thing that bugs me is how they bash the D'backs for having a bad season.  Tacky! 

Super Contributor

Re: NFL Preseason

[ Edited ]

Haha the Vikings play their best ball in pre season!

Respected Contributor

I love pre-season!  No tension, no screaming at the tv....just fun watching the newbies work hard and play hard.

Trusted Contributor

Cards aren't looking too good AZ fans.  

I live in AZ, but am not a Cards' fan.  

I just hope the Niners have a good season!

Respected Contributor

I was able to see the Lions lose to the Bengals last week, it was great to be there at Ford Field since I don't live there and don't get to see many games.

The best part was while the camera was scanning the crowd, they showed Justin Verlander in the audience!!  The place went NUTS!!!  They didn't even announce him, everyone just knew who he was!!! Certainly the highlight of the game!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

I am trying to get into the Rams....saw their first game....don't know....missed last weeks game.  GO GREEN BAY!!!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G