Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Playoffs! Wild Card Weekend!

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Alex Smith is inactive tonight. Wow! Steven Montez will be backing up Heinicke. Interesting.

@gardenman 

Well it should be interesting 

@Spurt 

The good news is the WFT aren't playing Seattle who have knocked the opposing starting QB out of the playoffs with a cheap shot to the head in the first quarter last year and this. I'm sure it's just a coincidence and not planned. (Ha!) They're a dirty defense and I'd now like to see the Rams take them down.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Alex Smith is inactive tonight. Wow! Steven Montez will be backing up Heinicke. Interesting.

@gardenman 

Well it should be interesting 

@Spurt 

The good news is the WFT aren't playing Seattle who have knocked the opposing starting QB out of the playoffs with a cheap shot to the head in the first quarter last year and this. I'm sure it's just a coincidence and not planned. (Ha!) They're a dirty defense and I'd now like to see the Rams take them down.

@gardenman 

Yep Seattle's defense is known for their cheap shots and dirty play......GO RAMS 

And the Rams are my brothers team too

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

good games so far......

i did feel bad for phillip rivers (moreso than the colts themselves.) tough, close loss.....if only he had had a few more seconds on the clock.

congrats bills fans!

second game so far is good also.

midway through the games today i am sitting in 7th place in my FF playoff league.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Well the score isn't as bad As a I thought it would be.  HENICKE isn't playing too bad at all....of course not expecting too much

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

i am seeing a decent qb there......i think heinicke is doing a good job considering the position he has been put in. it has to be a stressful situation. i bet OTHER teams are watching him! Smiley Wink

i even like that he is doing a bit of running!

it may not be the game washington fans hoped for, but what a good spot to be in considering the entire season and the division.

good luck!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

WOW i am enjoying this wft/bucs game!

who doesnt want a  surprise ending?

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

Thanks for your encouragement and support
I think we found our quarterback. HENICKE played well...Give him a full training camp and O T A S. And add more weapons on offense and my WFT will be in the competitive mix. ☺

It was a surprising competitive game and good to see Tom getting sacked...I didn't like to see Chase limping hope it's not serious

Well good luck to your Ravens should be a good game

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45
I am a realistic fan so I'm glad the game was competitive
Esteemed Contributor

I am impressed with Taylor Heinecke. The game didn't end as Washington wanted, but it was competitive. I liked the way Chase Young pointed Heinecke out when Heinecke scored the running touchdown. It's like he was saying "remember this name." 

I'm looking forward to the Ravens-Titans. I think the game will be a high scoring game. Will Lamar outrun Derrick Henry? 

The Rams defense was amazing. Russell Wilson never looked comfortable. I don't like Pete Carroll, so I was glad to see the Rams win.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Now the WFT has to figure out if they want to resign Taylor Heinicke or not. He's likely to want a ten-fold (or more) increase in the roughly $1.3 million deal he signed this year. Other teams will be looking at him as a backup/possible starter also, so the market is apt to be a tad competitive. Judging QBs is a very high-risk business. A guy may look great for a few games (Nick Foles, Cam Newton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc.) then bomb when given the job full time. Is he an average or below average QB who had a couple of good games, or is he a good quarterback? 

He was so-so in college at Old Dominion. His best years were as a sophomore and junior, but he regressed a bit as a senior. (Oddly enough he was a good punter though averaging 47+ yards per punt in the fourteen times he was called upon.) He went undrafted in 2015 before signing with the Vikings. They flushed him and he ended up with the Patriots, who flushed him, then on to the Texans who flushed him, then to the Panthers, who then flushed him, Then to the Battle Hawks only to see their season come to an inglorious end. Now the WFT. 

He's one of those scary guys to invest too much in. He'll want a pay increase to stay with the WFT. Do they give it to him? He wasn't good enough to hang on with any of the previous teams that took a shot at him. What kind of a contract do you offer a guy like him? One laden with incentives? Can you count on him to be a starter? Has he improved substantially from the undrafted kid out of college, or did he just have a couple of good games and his "normal" is what he was before?

These are the kinds of guys that give GMs ulcers. You just don't know what he is. If you pay him to be the starter and put the right pieces around him, he could go 14-2 next year. Or he could go 2-14. You just don't know. It'll be fun to see what they do. If you let him wander off and someone else signs him and he becomes a star, you look like a moron. If you pay him to be a starter and he bombs, you look like a moron. It's a bad spot for a GM to find himself in. Lots of chats will go on between the GM, coaches, and scouts about the kid before they do much of anything. (Unless he's willing to sign cheaply and quickly. Then you sign him and worry about what he is later.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!