Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Playoffs! Wild Card Weekend!

[ Edited ]

Well it looks like Rivera is resting Alex a bit (limited practice) and Heinicke is getting first team reps....

Aaron Rodgers named NFC offensive player of the month

Josh Allen named AFC offensive player of the month....

More accolades for Chase Young---NFC Defensive Player of the month, NFL Defensive Rookie of the month 😊

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

Go Bills!

Honored Contributor

The WFT is talking about rotating QBs during their game. Unless Alex Smith had a setback in practice, I suspect that won't happen. He played the whole game last Sunday and while he wasn't very mobile he also wasn't hopping on one leg. The Eagles pass rush is among the best in the league and Rivera had him play the whole game, so I'm not sure why he wouldn't play the whole game against Tampa unless he had a setback.

As expected, the Eagles are flushing some of the offensive coaches. Rich Scangarello is the first to get the ax. The former Broncos OC was one of the "too many cooks" for the Eagles offense this year.

Given the lack of growth and production from the wide receivers, I would think that was a spot where we could see another move made. We brought in college WR coach Aaron Moorehead last year and the WR group as a whole is arguably worse this year than they were last year and they were pretty bad last year. The Eagles had been close to hiring former Steeler receiver Hines Ward last year but took Moorehead instead. With the Jets going with a new head coach we could see Hines Ward available again. (Not that the Jets receivers were all that impressive.)

Running back coach Duce Staley should be safe as should offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland. Both have done a very good job with their guys. Justin Peelle is likely safe as the tight end coach also. Press Taylor, the QB coach, could be under some fire due to the generally bad play at QB. Marty Mohrinweg might get flushed also.

No defensive coaches have gotten the ax just yet, but with DC Jim Schwartz stepping away from football for a year, there will likely be some changes there. Whoever the new DC is will want "his guys" coaching under him. Unless the Eagles advance someone from within the organization, there will likely be some significant changes there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks again for this post....BUT...you picked Miami over MyBills last week...

I have a crystal ball thought

Jacksonviile...Looking for a coach..first pic in the draft...11 more draft pics...100mm in cap space...

I'm a certain coach...looking at my current situation...then looking at the sunny florida opening....I know if I pick up the phone, the job is mine..NO QUESTION

Does Belichick look for that phone he threw in the Bills game???

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Spurt Thank you for having faith in the BROWNS!!!! I always agree with your posts but this was the icing on the cake! lol

@Ladybug724 

Thanks! Woman Very Happy

I like Baker Mayfield and

I like underdawgs.....  the Browns are always underdawgs....

download (1).jpg

@Spurt , ain't that the truth. I feel like we are cursed. 🤪

Honored Contributor

@ProudMa wrote:

Thanks again for this post....BUT...you picked Miami over MyBills last week...

I have a crystal ball thought

Jacksonviile...Looking for a coach..first pic in the draft...11 more draft pics...100mm in cap space...

I'm a certain coach...looking at my current situation...then looking at the sunny florida opening....I know if I pick up the phone, the job is mine..NO QUESTION

Does Belichick look for that phone he threw in the Bills game???

@ProudMa 

Ya gotta give @gardenman  and me a bit of grace picking Miami over the Bills....we thought perhaps the Bills would be resting players, PLUS ya never the magic that Fitzpatrick can bring and we didnt know he was inactive because of covid....

I AM pulling for the Bills in the playoffs..their fan base has been loyal and it would be nice to see them win it all.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The Bills and the Bucs would be an interesting matchup in the Super Bowl. Brady's played the Bills forever and vice versa. Neither team has made it that far recently. Have it come down to the Bills needing a last second fieldgoal to win and then watch the kick start to slide wide right as Bills fans scream at their TVs only to have it just slip in and win the game. If I was writing the script, that's the story I'd tell. Reverse the wide right curse and get the Bills a title.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

DeForest Buckner got AFC Defensive Player of the month for December; Jonathan Taylor got NFL Offensive Rookie of the month.

Taylor was second in place for AFC Player of the Week, but that honor went to Derrick Henry. Henry had over 200  rushing  yards in the last game, as did Taylor, but with over 2,000 yards this season, I can see why Henry got the title. Maybe it had something to do with the teams they faced, also. 

No matter how the Bucs-WFT game comes out, I would like to see Chase Young sack Tom Brady. I bet Young would do some celebrating if that happens. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

In yet another sign that Zach Ertz doesn't figure in the Eagles long-term plans, the Eagles have signed Tyree Jackson to a futures contract. Tyree Jackson is a former QB who's 6'-7" weighs 250 lbs and can run a 4.59 forty. The plan is to convert him into a tight end. We've also got Hakeem Butler (6'-5" and 229 lbs.) and Jason Croom (6'-5" 246 lbs) as young tight ends behind Dallas Goedert. The hope is that one or more of those guys can blossom into a solid tight end and possibly a star.

I'm not sure what the market for Zach Ertz would be this year. He wants a new deal and his contract expires after the 2021 season. Prior to this past year, he was viewed as a top-three to top-five tight end and was highly valued. He had a bad year this year though. The Eagles would be best served by trading him, but they'd need a third-round pick or higher to do so in all likelihood. If he rebounds next year and plays at his previous level he'd be a high-value free agent and earn the Eagles a third-round compensatory pick. If you can get another year out of him at a reasonable cost ($8.25 million in 2021) then hold onto him and let him leave in free agency in 2022 you'd get a third and a year's service from him so trading him for less than a third-round pick seems a bit dumb.

The Eagles restructured the contracts of two guys they're planning to cut. Both Malik Jackson and Alshon Jeffrey agreed to a restructure that still pays them their money, but largely forces the Eagles to cut them very early in the offseason and designate them post-June first cuts. The restructure saves the Eagles something like $12-$20 million in this coming year's cap which helps reduce their cap deficit. It should let both players jump into free agency at the start of free agency when their value will be highest. A win-win for everyone. 

As expected, the Eagles are continuing to thin out the offensive coaching ranks with Marty Mornhinweg being advised he won't be coming back. Two supposed offensive mastermind consultants down, several more are likely to go.

The Eagles are being very, very quiet on the new defensive coordinator job which leads most to believe they're looking to advance from within. Both Matt Burke and Marquand Manuel have previous DC experience. Odds are one of them gets the job. 

Todd McShay's first mock draft is out and he has the Eagles taking linebacker Micah Parsons in the first round. Uh, no. That's not going to happen. He's a great kid and an excellent linebacker, but the Eagles don't value linebackers that highly. It's been 42 years since they last took a linebacker in the first round. I don't see that changing this time around. The Eagles defense isn't linebacker centric. It's d-line based. Linebackers are more the clean-up crew in this defense.

The fans want the Eagles to grab one of the premier wide receivers in the draft. Ja'Marr Chase or Devonta Smith are the choice of the fans. Given the Eagles history, they're more likely to draft a lineman (offensive or defensive) than a wide receiver. We'll have to see what happens. There will be about a million mock drafts between now and the draft.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

DeForest Buckner got AFC Defensive Player of the month for December; Jonathan Taylor got NFL Offensive Rookie of the month.

Taylor was second in place for AFC Player of the Week, but that honor went to Derrick Henry. Henry had over 200  rushing  yards in the last game, as did Taylor, but with over 2,000 yards this season, I can see why Henry got the title. Maybe it had something to do with the teams they faced, also. 

No matter how the Bucs-WFT game comes out, I would like to see Chase Young sack Tom Brady. I bet Young would do some celebrating if that happens. 

@teganslaw 

CONGRATS to Buckner and Taylor!!!! 

Me too...I would like to see Chase sack Tommy Boy too....but I want Chase to restrain himself, I dont want to see an unsportsmanlike penalty assessed against him.....

This is why I dont like GMF  they were comparing Tom's performance against a 32nd ranked defense and a 19th ranked defense..... My WFT is ranked 4th in the NFL!!!  So I think Tom WILL BE pressured unlike those other defenses....  Now they did get it right about WFT's offense, and whether Rivera rotates QB's or not---can we score points---now thats the problem....And what's up with Kay's hair today..it looks like she just got up LOL she usually looks so nice...

Gee, I miss Golic Sr, Jason Fitz, and Trey in the morning on ESPN---the football talk, and a bit of fun with movie, music, and food talk, and of course the Pugs.......😞 ..Mike was a good analyst on the college bowl games too... Now he's totally gone from ESPN....SAD what ESPN has become (people have complained how awful their new shows and hosts are...) But at least GMF had Riggo on...