Respected Contributor

Re: NFL Playoffs!!! The Super Bowl!!!

@Smoky wrote:

There are alot of FALCON FANS that are proud of them regardless & they can go back to Super Bowl.. NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR TEAM!!

Like someone said, "Hope Brady isn't chaffed from all the kissing up to him all the announcers did duing the entire game."   Still proud of the FALCONS!!!

You're kidding, right?  All they did was talk about Ryan WHEN they thought Atlanta had it all wrapped up. The ONLY time they gave Brady any credit was the second half of the fourth quarter when it became clear, something amazing was taking place.  My husband  and I re-watched the game, knowing the end, and we were actually laughing about how rah rah Ryan they were. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman

And the decisions with that 4th quarter drive is why I'm glad Kyle left the Redskins.....yes the Falcons had a spectacular year and record.....but what counts is what you do in the Super Bowl.....it sets your legacy......  I don't know if the quicker lighter defense works against teams with a good OL and a good QB.....the Falcon D was just worn out......and these are younger guys too.....  One team I'm interested in seeing their progression and how they proceed forward to challenge the Patriots is Andy Reid's Chiefs....their defense really knocked Tom around.....and they have a strong running game to keep the Pats and in particular Brady off the field....they just need one or two more weapons on offense (better wide receivers in particular---perhaps another QB---although the pickings are thin at the QB position !).......

While the NFC is very competitive, who else in the AFC will challenge the Patriots in your opinion.......too bad the Texans don't have a decent QB because they do have the defense when a healthy JJ Watt returns.....

P.S. maybe we should all check into this special sleepwear Tom Brady wears to give us more stamina and energy....perhaps other NFL QB's need to check it out....LOL

http://time.com/4621309/under-armour-tom-brady-sleepwear-pajamas/

Why Spurt @Spurt, I'd LOVE to check out Tom Brady's sleepwear...

Woman LOL

@stevieb

I bet you'd want and up close and personal demonstration, right? Woman LOLWoman Very HappyWoman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

Congratulations to all the NE fans  Was no surprise that the Patriots made a

comeback.  I feel sad for the Falcon fans. Losing is one thing, but to have a

large lead only to lose it - that tends to stick with you.

My predication was 31-28 in overtime for the Falcons. Well I was

right on the overtime, just a little off on the score, and wrong on the winner.

I really liked GaGa's halftime time show, once she got done with the flying and all the

smoke disappeared.  I forgot to pay much attention to the commercials. Only

one I remember is the Super Bowl babies. So cute, but I have no idea what the commercial was selling.

Countdown nows begins until the first preseason game.

I won $10 on a Dallas Cowboy scratchoff.  I take that as

a sign of good things to come.  Smiley Happy

@yellowrose

Hey yellowrose......

I too enjoyed Lady Gaga's Half Time Show---She was brave to do that "flying bit" I don't like  heights so it made me nervous....how did she change into those costumes so fast---LOL!!!!  The music was good!

The commercials I liked were

The one for Tide ---Terry Bradshaw got a barbeque stain on his white shirt

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/2/5/14517618/terry-bradshaw-super-bowl-stain-on-shirt-patriots-v...

Melissa McCarthy is a disastr prone environmentalist

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ad-meter/super-bowl/2017/02/06/kia-ad-hooks-up-melissa-mccarthy...

The ghost of Spuds McKenzie (a spoof of The ChristmasCarol) some friends thought it was a bit creepy.....LOL

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/spuds-mackenzie-bud-light-super-bowl-commercial-2017-ad-watch-video/

Cam Newton plays peewee football.....

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/twitter-cam-newton-buick-commercial-jokes-super-bowl-51-falcons-patr...

Sorry but I did not like ads with "an agenda".......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Yo ! Roger !

thumb-your-nose-391405971.jpg

@stevieb

Where have you been all season Woman WinkWoman Very Happy  Yes, one of the most AWKWARD moments in sport's history (and I'm talking ALL sports leagues).......And to rub it in a little the NFL Hall Of Fame Committe should have voted in the previous NFL Commisioner, Paul Taglibue.......Woman LOL

Hey @Spurt, I've been around, but not watching much football (pro or college), as for some reason the thrill is just sorta gone... And as you know, there's certainly nothing local to pique my interest (wink)... LOL... I did watch the last half of the Superbowl, the game that matters most, and what a half... And yes, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to hear what Brady said to his Roger-ness, though I'm sure it wasn't as interesting as fans like me would like to think....

Woman Wink

@stevieb

But Stevie you have to admit, although you may not like the local football product, you have to admit that the guy at the helm is rather nice looking Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

There are alot of FALCON FANS that are proud of them regardless & they can go back to Super Bowl.. NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR TEAM!!

Like someone said, "Hope Brady isn't chaffed from all the kissing up to him all the announcers did duing the entire game."   Still proud of the FALCONS!!!

Who is this "someone"?   He or she must have been watching a different game than me.  The announcers focus on whatever is going on at the time, and in the second half, the Patriots rallied, so yes,...that's where the excitement was!

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt

@stevieb

I wonder if, some day, there will be a ban on performance enhancing jammies!!??  

Smiley TongueHeart

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Spurt

@stevieb

Smiley TongueHeart

haha!  No doubt, because those who wear them must be cheating in some inexplicable way!  

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Spurt

@stevieb

Smiley TongueHeart

@MacDUFF @Spurt... If so, I guess I'll just have to make the ultimate sacrifice and help him take them off...

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Yo ! Roger !

thumb-your-nose-391405971.jpg

@stevieb

Where have you been all season Woman WinkWoman Very Happy  Yes, one of the most AWKWARD moments in sport's history (and I'm talking ALL sports leagues).......And to rub it in a little the NFL Hall Of Fame Committe should have voted in the previous NFL Commisioner, Paul Taglibue.......Woman LOL

Hey @Spurt, I've been around, but not watching much football (pro or college), as for some reason the thrill is just sorta gone... And as you know, there's certainly nothing local to pique my interest (wink)... LOL... I did watch the last half of the Superbowl, the game that matters most, and what a half... And yes, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to hear what Brady said to his Roger-ness, though I'm sure it wasn't as interesting as fans like me would like to think....

Woman Wink

@stevieb

But Stevie you have to admit, although you may not like the local football product, you have to admit that the guy at the helm is rather nice looking Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Well @Spurt... Let's just say better than in recent memory anyway... Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I liked the car commercial with Melissa McCarthy. That was entertaining. I've never been fond of Terry Bradshaw, so that commercial didn't go over. I don't dislike him; just don't think that he is a very good analyst.

I don't hate New England, but get tired of them always beating up the Colts. (Of course, that could be said of other teams recently.) OK, much of it is the fault of the Colts organization,, but still.......At least Indy and NE didn't play each other last season, so Indy got a break from them.

Shouldn't articles about Tom Brady' s sleepwear actually go in the fashion forum? Just wondering. There could also be mention of the outfits Cam Newton wears at press conferences. Going off topic here.

Congrats to Yellowrose on winning $10. Have to admit that the Patriots have gotten me points in daily fantasy and helped me win some cash at times. So it's not all bad.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain