Honored Contributor

Re: NFL Playoffs!!! The Super Bowl!!!

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

There are alot of FALCON FANS that are proud of them regardless & they can go back to Super Bowl.. NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR TEAM!!

Like someone said, "Hope Brady isn't chaffed from all the kissing up to him all the announcers did duing the entire game."   Still proud of the FALCONS!!!

What a sore and ungracious loser you are @Suziepeach. No one said they weren't proud of the Falcons. Everyone said they did a great job.

Excuse me @proudlyfromNJ, I am not an ungracious loser.. you are so sweet to point that out.  Yes it was obvious the entire day was spent by many announcers about Brady this and Brady that, blah blah blah..  Thank you for an insult and disrepecting my opinion.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I think @gardenman is just giving an objective analysis of the team. Don't think he has anything against the Falcons, and he seems to be very knowledgeable about football. 

No one here has been making fun of the Falcons, I said in chat that they have a great team and I think they do. It was the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history, that's just a fact. Matt Ryan went to Boston College and seems to practically idolize Tom Brady. I believe he even wore 12 at BC.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I think @gardenman is just giving an objective analysis of the team. Don't think he has anything against the Falcons, and he seems to be very knowledgeable about football. 

No one here has been making fun of the Falcons, I said in chat that they have a great team and I think they do. It was the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history, that's just a fact. Matt Ryan went to Boston College and seems to practically idolize Tom Brady. I believe he even wore 12 at BC.

@Greeneyedlady21@proudlyfromNJ

Congrats to the Patriots and Patriot fans

From what I heard from both of them in interviews this week--Brady/Ryan  talk to each other quite a bit

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Yo ! Roger !

thumb-your-nose-391405971.jpg

@stevieb

Where have you been all season Woman WinkWoman Very Happy  Yes, one of the most AWKWARD moments in sport's history (and I'm talking ALL sports leagues).......And to rub it in a little the NFL Hall Of Fame Committe should have voted in the previous NFL Commisioner, Paul Taglibue.......Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I was rooting for the Falcons, but expecting the Patriots to win. I have nothing against the Falcons.

It is going to be a challenge however for them to get back to the Super Bowl next year. Getting there is never an easy thing and when you're coming off a Super Bowl appearance it's even harder. You lose about a month of the off season. Your players have less time to have off season surgeries and recover. You get lower draft picks. You're at the end of the line for waived players, so thirty other teams get to grab them before they ever get to you. You face a first place schedule which is typically tougher than the schedule your opponents face.  

Odds are neither of these two teams will make the Super Bowl next year.  Denver and Carolina (last year's teams) didn't make it back this year. A team gets punished for making the Super Bowl and it's much harder to get back a second time. There are a lot of really good teams in the NFC and the difference between the best and worst isn't all that big.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman

And the decisions with that 4th quarter drive is why I'm glad Kyle left the Redskins.....yes the Falcons had a spectacular year and record.....but what counts is what you do in the Super Bowl.....it sets your legacy......  I don't know if the quicker lighter defense works against teams with a good OL and a good QB.....the Falcon D was just worn out......and these are younger guys too.....  One team I'm interested in seeing their progression and how they proceed forward to challenge the Patriots is Andy Reid's Chiefs....their defense really knocked Tom around.....and they have a strong running game to keep the Pats and in particular Brady off the field....they just need one or two more weapons on offense (better wide receivers in particular---perhaps another QB---although the pickings are thin at the QB position !).......

While the NFC is very competitive, who else in the AFC will challenge the Patriots in your opinion.......too bad the Texans don't have a decent QB because they do have the defense when a healthy JJ Watt returns.....

P.S. maybe we should all check into this special sleepwear Tom Brady wears to give us more stamina and energy....perhaps other NFL QB's need to check it out....LOL

http://time.com/4621309/under-armour-tom-brady-sleepwear-pajamas/

Honored Contributor

@Spurt The Chiefs are a threat to the Patriots and odds are Andy Reid will make a call or two about picking up Tony Romo. When Andy was with the Eagles we had Mike Vick and Nick Foles as QB's and when Peyton Manning became available Andy made a big push to get him only to be rebuffed by Manning. I suspect Tony Romo wouldn't mind playing for Andy. That could upset the balance of power in the AFC. If Andy picks up Romo they'll likely cut loose Alex Smith who could end up with the Texans.

The Texans are also a big threat. Clowney came into his own this year. If JJ Watt comes back healthy next year, that defense will be scary. They just need a QB who isn't horrible. Alex Smith would be a good fit for them. He's a game manager and with that defense that's really all you need. The Raiders looked really good until they ran out of quarterbacks. The Dolphins have some potential. The Steelers are a threat. The Titans could be impressive if Mariota plays the whole season like he played in the latter half.

The Patriots aren't a sure thing by any means. I could see Baltimore bouncing back. I think the Colts are throwing away 2017 for some reason, but in 2018 they could be a threat again.

That whole AFC could be pretty competitive next year. Assuming the commissioner doesn't  suspend Brady again, Brady could come into next year with a bit less fire in his belly. If the Patriots unload Garropolo they could lose some depth that could come back to haunt them.  There will be challengers in both conferences next year. Quite a few teams are on the rise while others are in decline, so the dynamics change every year. The Raiders could end up really being a threat for the AFC title next year if they can keep Carr healthy and add a few more pieces.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Smoky wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

There are alot of FALCON FANS that are proud of them regardless & they can go back to Super Bowl.. NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR TEAM!!

Like someone said, "Hope Brady isn't chaffed from all the kissing up to him all the announcers did duing the entire game."   Still proud of the FALCONS!!!

What a sore and ungracious loser you are @Suziepeach. No one said they weren't proud of the Falcons. Everyone said they did a great job.

Excuse me @proudlyfromNJ, I am not an ungracious loser.. you are so sweet to point that out.  Yes it was obvious the entire day was spent by many announcers about Brady this and Brady that, blah blah blah..  Thank you for an insult and disrepecting my opinion.. 

@Suziepeach

I was pulling for the Falcons, but deep down inside I thought that somehow, someway the Pats would find a way to win......Woman Sad  And yes the Falcons had a great season and should be proud---tough to get to a Super Bowl....especially in the NFC Conference....

I think the Patriots have replaced the Cowboys as the most hated team in the NFL----other teams have had success---the Steelers glory years come to mind they won 6 Super Bowls---and except for their rivals, I think NFL fans enjoyed the different personalities of the Steelers, and 49ers and Joe Montana/Steve Young were just viewed as a great team......For the Patriots the view by fans of other NFL teams perhaps it has to do with Spygate, Deceptiongate, Headphonegate, and of course Deglategate...going back further The Tuck Rule against the Raiders, and The Snowplow game....they appear to push that gray line between what's illegal and sportsmanship ....I don't think the intense dislike has anything to do with jealousy of their success and Super Bowl wins......JMHO

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

@Suziepeach

I was pulling for the Falcons, but deep down inside I thought that somehow, someway the Pats would find a way to win......Woman Sad  And yes the Falcons had a great season and should be proud---tough to get to a Super Bowl....especially in the NFC Conference....

I think the Patriots have replaced the Cowboys as the most hated team in the NFL----other teams have had success---the Steelers glory years come to mind they won 6 Super Bowls---and except for their rivals, I think NFL fans enjoyed the different personalities of the Steelers, and 49ers and Joe Montana/Steve Young were just viewed as a great team......For the Patriots the view by fans of other NFL teams perhaps it has to do with Spygate, Deceptiongate, Headphonegate, and of course Deglategate...going back further The Tuck Rule against the Raiders, and The Snowplow game....they appear to push that gray line between what's illegal and sportsmanship rather than jealousy of their success and Super Bowl wins......JMHO

The number of former NFL players who hate the Patriots and suspect them of cheating is pretty long. The Eagle players who played the Patriots in the Super Bowl back in 2005 swear pretty much to a man that the Patriots cheated. There was one offensive play the Eagles had held in reserve all year and never shown. Andy Reid called that play and before the Eagles broke the huddle the Patriot defenders were calling out the play and adjusting their defense to stop it. Adjusting to a play they'd never seen got the attention of the Eagle players and they pretty much all believe the Patriots had tapped into their communications in some manner.

It's not unheard of. Hank Stram was caught installing microphones in the visiting coaches offices when he was the coach of the Chiefs. He argued that he just wanted his "fair advantage."

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt The Chiefs are a threat to the Patriots and odds are Andy Reid will make a call or two about picking up Tony Romo. When Andy was with the Eagles we had Mike Vick and Nick Foles as QB's and when Peyton Manning became available Andy made a big push to get him only to be rebuffed by Manning. I suspect Tony Romo wouldn't mind playing for Andy. That could upset the balance of power in the AFC. If Andy picks up Romo they'll likely cut loose Alex Smith who could end up with the Texans.

The Texans are also a big threat. Clowney came into his own this year. If JJ Watt comes back healthy next year, that defense will be scary. They just need a QB who isn't horrible. Alex Smith would be a good fit for them. He's a game manager and with that defense that's really all you need. The Raiders looked really good until they ran out of quarterbacks. The Dolphins have some potential. The Steelers are a threat. The Titans could be impressive if Mariota plays the whole season like he played in the latter half.

The Patriots aren't a sure thing by any means. I could see Baltimore bouncing back. I think the Colts are throwing away 2017 for some reason, but in 2018 they could be a threat again.

That whole AFC could be pretty competitive next year. Assuming the commissioner doesn't  suspend Brady again, Brady could come into next year with a bit less fire in his belly. If the Patriots unload Garropolo they could lose some depth that could come back to haunt them.  There will be challengers in both conferences next year. Quite a few teams are on the rise while others are in decline, so the dynamics change every year. The Raiders could end up really being a threat for the AFC title next year if they can keep Carr healthy and add a few more pieces.

@gardenman

I agree with what you are saying---a couple of differences....I really like the young Raiders and agree the key to their success is keeping Carr healthy, I think they need some more pieces on defense too......and I'm wondering if their up and coming move whether it be to Las Vegas, LA or some columnist said they might move to San Diego....will this impact the players psychologically????????????????  

I don't trust the Dolphins---too inconsistent......and I think the Ravens have the coach to figure out the Patriots, but their players have gotten older and I think they are in a rebuilding mode......The Titans are an interesting team too....but will they be willing to spend the money to make the team complete.....The Steelers and their offense fell apart and (there's talk of cutting their top receiver loose--has he become a distraction much like Odell Beckham???????????-And they need to build up their defense.....

The Colts have the QB but not much else I'm afraid......they should have re-signed Pierre Garcon.....and drafted some OL......and their defense needs a lot of work too......

The Broncos are interesting....they have the defense, can they keep them together in free agency....and I don't think Siemian is enough....another spot for Romo perhaps????????????????

I can see the Romo traded to the Chiefs........and yes I think the Patriots may make a mistake by trading Garropolo---I think they should keep him and groom him to be Brady's heir apparent......good young QBs are becoming a rare commodity....colleges are playing the option and few can be converted to pocket passers these days......