Honored Contributor

Re: NFL PRE-SUPERBOWL NEWS/NOTES

Patriots fan here. LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well the Redskins re-signed LB Mason Foster to 2 yr extension worth 7 mill............30 combined tackles, an INT, and half a sack....Sadly he was sidelined after 5 games with an injury...  

Priorities move to ILB Zach Brown who needs to be re-signed he was a key player on the defense.....ILB Will Compton is also a free agent........

Of course there's the Kirk Cousins issue......Set to be free agents are:  Terrelle Pryor (who was a bust, I dont think they should re-sign him), De Angelo Hall (too old), the only FA worth signing out of this groups in JMHO is LB Trent Murphy.............

@teganslaw 

Colts WR TY Hilton was asked about Andrew Luck,  “He needs to get healthy right now, that’s the main thing,” Hilton said. “I’ve got to have my guy with me. He’ll be out there with me.”

What are the fans hearing.................

If you watched DWTS you learned about Von Miller's chicken farm.   He may be expanding his farm to include snakes and alligators...Hey Von dont you know those critters could kill your chickens........!!!!

Of all the belly aching by NFL players that Thursday NFL games have more injuries....well they were right....but the number was not that different from other games.  Thursday 6.9 injuries per game versus 6.3 other games played.  Woman Frustrated   Players do not like the Thursday games and will see this data, as insignificant as it is as something that supports their position..........

Well the AFC won the Pro-Bowl Skills Challenge...

QB Precision Passing-won by QB Derek Carr AFC

Drone Drop-won by WR Jarvis Landry 

Gridiron Gauntlet (team skill competiton) won by the NFC Redskins LB Ryan Kerrigan got the team off to a strong start-parachute run, Patrick Peterson was amzing in the fumble run,  Mike Danieels with heay bag push, Kwon Alexander over/under obstacle run, Alvin Kamara -40 yd dash....The AFC participants were Jalen Ramsey, C.J. Mosley, Geno Atkins, Von Miller, and Kareem Hunt.

Best Hands-Saints WR Michael Thomas won

Kick Tac Toe-(they had to kick 3 squares in a row in a Tic Tac Toe grid-Panthers kicker Graham Gano won against Steelers Kicker Chris Boswell....

With the NFC way ahead ....the AFC took it all home with their win of the Pro Bowl Dodge Ball game...........

AFC 4, NFC 3 (the Dodge Ball Game counted as 3 pts)....

Plenty of video Highlights on the NFL Network site, as well as Sporting News, sbnation.com and You Tube

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

70a4ef4982e9c48010bda798132f14f6.jpg

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Esteemed Contributor

SPURT, we're not hearing anything about Luck's health. I think it's too early to determine anything. Hilton needs Luck healthy, though. His productivity has decreased with Luck being out. He has connected various times with Brissett, but Hilton was Luck's go-to-guy. Those two had a great connection with passing, and Hilton had more yards with Luck in the game. 

Thanks for the results on the Probowl Skills Challenge. I'm going to check it out online when I gdt a chance.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I'm back! I'll be on the DL for four to six months, but I should be good to go for training camp! By the way, I don't recommend breaking one's femur. It's not an especially fun injury.

As to Andrew Luck, I don't know. My gut says there's still something there and he's more hoping there isn't. Once OTA's start we'll get a better idea. That'll be his first real chance to see if things have been fixed. Shoulders are scary though. They're a complicated joint and very subtle things can have a big impact. Finding and fixing the right subtle thing can be a real challenge. Everything needs to be in near perfect balance for a shoulder to work right.

It's a weird off season with quarterbacks. Between free agents, guys with 'For Sale' signs on them, and rookies, the league could look a lot different come September. I wouldn't rule out a major surprise or two also.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Patriots are leaving for Minnesota early Monday. Gronk practiced yesterday, just very light activity🏈

February 1st ESPN has a new 30 for 30 special, The Two Bills. About Belichick and Parcells. Must see tv for me.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@gardenman

HEY GARDEMAN---WELCOME BACK!!!  We missed you....WOW 4 to 6 months on IR that injury certainly does not sound like much fun!  Wishing you a QUICK and SPEEDY recovery than projected.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are re-running the Pro-Bowl Skills Competition on ESPN 2 at 10PM ET (9PM CENTRAL)

@teganslaw @gardenman

I dont know whose injury is more of a mystery---Andrew Luck or my NBA Spur's player, Kawhi Leonard....both have a lot of question marks and both will be out awhile before we can see if they are their old selves..............The media is making a lot of the Kawhi case saying there's a riff between Kawhi, Coach Pop, and Spurs GM, but the coach has said a lot of players have personal trainers and seek second opinion on injuries ....and to add to it...Kawhi is quiet and keeps to himself, he is very Spock-like, but he is all about working hard and learning and being the best he can be...Let's hope that both Kawhi and Andrew are back to their old selves  Sorry for the NBA diversion..........

@teganslaw  It's almost a done deal but from every indication Josh McDaniels will be the Colts new HC.........

The "experts"are guessing that the Colts want RB Barkley but the Browns could take him at #1....in that case they speculate that D lineman, Chubb would be the Colts choice at #3....The Colts priorities are running back and a pass rusher....Of course this could all be a smoke screen...who knows the Colts could be worried about Andrew's recovery and take whatever QB the Browns leave for grabbing, if in fact the Browns do take another QB at #1....or they could not be too impressed wait until their #4 pick...OR they could go the QB FA route too.......

They even had the Redskins taking Wyoming's Josh Allen, but I dont think he will be there at #13.....unless they trade up and I doubt they'd do that for Allen...

Panthers will begin interviewing GM Candidates...but this job comes with a sticking point, since the team will be up for sale who would want to take the job knowing that a new owner may want someone else ..........

The NFL is going to re-visit the catch rule...Woman Frustrated

The Giants say their priority is going to be improving their O line---its about time!  Any Giant or NFL fan could've pointed that out a long time ago...........

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman

Hi there, fellow Eagles fan! So good to see that you are back home!Woman Happy

We all wish you a very speedy recovery. Being back in familiar surroundings will help immensely. And from your postings here (and from your delightful novels which I enjoyed so much!) it is clear that you have a wonderfully sunny disposition and an ever-present sense of humor which will help you get through these next several months! 

And having the Eagles in the Super Bowl ....wow!!! You never wavered this season in your belief as to how good a team they are! I know the few times they faltered I started questioning if they were really as good as their record indicated.....but you never did! I know now that there is such depth there on both the offense and defense that even losing Wentz could not stop this team! And how about Foles??!! He has certainly played like the stellar 2013 QB he was in these last two games! Only one more to go!!

Again, it is great to see you back here. We all learn so much from your posts. You were truly missed!

Go Eagles!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

It's starting to sound like the Jets have set their sights on Kirk Cousins. They've got $72 million in cap space and need a QB. They're not a bad team and Cousins could be an asset for them. He'd probably move them ahead of the Dolphins and Bills, and make them more competitive with the Patriots. It's not a bad fit for Cousins. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!