Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL News for May 2019 !!

The Colts signed former QB Chad Kelly. He had left a week ago with no contract, but they must have eventually settled  things.

Ballard decided to give Kelly a second chance, despite his trouble past. Kelly knows that the team will not tolerate any more incidents and that there would be no leniency if any more issues occur. He and Ballard must have had a long talk about that.

Chris Long's retirement is a loss for the Eagles. Now he has a chance to concentrate on all his charities.

Josh Norman does "The Nutcracker" and DWTS, so he's talented. Washington probably hopes Norman will work more on his football talents, though.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Washington may have suffered the first big injury of the spring. Inside linebacker Reuben Foster went down with an apparent knee injury. He had to be carted off with an aircast on the leg and he was visibly upset as he was carted off. With the cast you could hope for a broken leg, but Gruden said they were doing an MRI on him and that's more for ligament issues. Foster apparently stepped on an offensive lineman's foot and fell awkwardly. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Washington may have suffered the first big injury of the spring. Inside linebacker Reuben Foster went down with an apparent knee injury. He had to be carted off with an aircast on the leg and he was visibly upset as he was carted off. With the cast you could hope for a broken leg, but Gruden said they were doing an MRI on him and that's more for ligament issues. Foster apparently stepped on an offensive lineman's foot and fell awkwardly. 

@gardenman 

I was just going to post this about Foster---Jay was starting to even get emotional and stopped the presser.

The injury epidemic has begun----- SMH Woman Frustrated

first_aid_kit_for_cats.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Yeah, preseason injuries are brutal. They're bad for the team mentally too.

Ezekiel Elliott ended up in handcuffs recently when he got involved in a shoving match. I don't believe any charges were filed, but it's one more reason for JJ to hold off on a big deal.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Yeah, preseason injuries are brutal. They're bad for the team mentally too.

Ezekiel Elliott ended up in handcuffs recently when he got involved in a shoving match. I don't believe any charges were filed, but it's one more reason for JJ to hold off on a big deal.

@gardenman  @teganslaw 

Reuben Foster has torn ACL Also some worries about possible artery damage in his leg, according to a source. Serious injury.--------------Woman Sad

Yep, Elliott was not arrested, but still ----he got into trouble.  And that local sportscaster was bragging saying how he had finally "matured"....yah, right.😆😆😆

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Yeah, I was worried about that when they put him in the aircast. They don't generally do that for a 'normal' ACL tear. It sounds like the Teddy Bridgewater type injury. Teddy came back, but the arterial damage complicates the recovery process. If things go insanely badly, it's possible to lose the leg, but modern medical procedures generally can save the leg. They need to restore circulation as quickly as possible though. He's done for this year and possibly next. 

Ezekiel Elliott is a ticking time bomb and it's just a question of time until he implodes.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The good news for Reuben Foster is they apparently didn't take him directly to surgery. That implies that even if there was arterial damage he still had adequate circulation in his leg. When those cases go bad you tend to go from the field, to an MRI, then immediately to surgery. As far as I've heard, he wasn't taken directly to surgery, so that could be a better sign. It's still not a good injury, but surgeries tend to go better when surgeons have time to prepare and plan in advance.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The good news for Reuben Foster is they apparently didn't take him directly to surgery. That implies that even if there was arterial damage he still had adequate circulation in his leg. When those cases go bad you tend to go from the field, to an MRI, then immediately to surgery. As far as I've heard, he wasn't taken directly to surgery, so that could be a better sign. It's still not a good injury, but surgeries tend to go better when surgeons have time to prepare and plan in advance.

@gardenman 

Well that's good news thanks for the update....

Honored Contributor

Whew! The Eagles survived day one of the OTA's without any injuries. Oddly enough Zach Brown, the former Redskins linebacker we signed, didn't practice today. Could a trade back to the Redskins be in the works after the Reuben Foster injury? I suspect the Eagles would ask an arm and a leg for him (maybe more) but we'll have to see what happens there. It would make sense for Washington.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Whew! The Eagles survived day one of the OTA's without any injuries. Oddly enough Zach Brown, the former Redskins linebacker we signed, didn't practice today. Could a trade back to the Redskins be in the works after the Reuben Foster injury? I suspect the Eagles would ask an arm and a leg for him (maybe more) but we'll have to see what happens there. It would make sense for Washington.

@gardenman 

Interesting.....I dont know what went on behind the scenes between the Redskins and Brown.....when Brown was released Doug Williams said it wasn't because of cap reasons....hmmmm  But who knows what Bruce Allen would do!

The Redskins are going to have to use 5th round pick Cole Holcomb in place of Rueben Foster or pick up a FA.....They could re-sign Will Compton who they released and hasn't been signed by anyone....slim pickens left at that position......Woman Frustrated

Well Suh found a new home.....the Bucs signed him to a one yr deal.....For someone so talented he sure hasn't stuck with one team long....Lions, Dolphins, Rams....now Bucs.....

@teganslaw 

Reggie Wayne said he doesnt think Peyton Manning would become a GM unless he bought the team first....😆  Reggie said he wouldn't want an owner to back stab or fire him....