Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL News for May 2019 !!

Howie and Brees could be brothers; they resemble each other. 

Some Colts fans think that Ballard is too conservative, that he should have spent some of the salary cap on high profile players. I like what Ballard is doing; he definitely has a plan for the team's future. Spending tons of money doesn't always work out. 

I admit that I was uncertain about Funchess signing at first (I originally wanted Tyrell Williams), but I'm changing my mind. Funchess seems to like being with the Colts and is low risk. He didn't have much chance with Cam Newton, and should do better with Luck. 

I notice that Gase is in last place in GM rankings. Maybe that isn't accurate since he is an interim manager until the Jets hire someone else. But then it's the Jets, so who knows? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

You can't really argue about the top thee or four of the GM rankings, but the Steelers' GM at five might be iffy. He's lost Bell and Antonio Brown in the last year. They're two pretty high profile guys not to find a way to keep at least one of them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw @gardenman 

Basically Gase received a grade of incomplete so the analyst put him in last place. 

You have to read the article to see why he placed GMs where he did...Many disagreed with these rankings....but its fun to discuss...

Example---Although Dorsey did a good job with the Browns, he inheirited tons of cap space and decent foundation from his predecessor....but did a poor job with the Chiefs so he got penalized for that in this ranking.....  

And @gardenman I agree sometimes a good coach can makeup for the "sins" of the GM....

As for Ereck Flowers...he's just not a football player...Mike Golic had an interesting discussion about NFL locker rooms and how some players loved the game and played beyond their talent, while others---some of them gifted players--- cared ONLY about the money, and actually didnt like football....Maybe that's Ereck.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I always wonder what the guys like Flowers will be thinking ten, fifteen years from now when they look back at what could have been. He's got all the tools to excel, but his heart just isn't there. The Giants invested heavily in him only to let them down. Now the Redskins are trying to milk some talent out of him but may not be successful. How many more chances will he get? A lot of people never catch a break, but he's been given every possible opportunity to excel and has come up short. He's not going to get many more chances.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!