Honored Contributor

The Cowboys might be down another wide receiver. Terrance Williams was arrested for public drunkenness after his Lamborghini was found wrecked on a telephone pole and he was found riding an electric bike in front of his house. It appears he wrecked the Lambo (a very expensive mistake I might point out) and then headed back to his house. A suspension could be looming and he could be facing jail time if things break badly for him. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I hope Terrence Williams has "accident forgiveness" included in his insurance policy. I can only imagine what the insurance premiums are for a lamborghini. 

Corner Beshaud Breeland has been visiting the Colts and Cardinals.There is talk on the Colts forums that he could be close to signing a deal with Indy after he is completely healed from his injury, which is in the near future. These are rumors, and  I don't know where he will end up for sure, it probably depends on who offers the better contract. I would be for signing him, it things work out. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I'd be scared to drive a car like a Lambo with all of the idiots on the road. A cheap Lambo is over a quarter of a million dollars. I sure as heck wouldn't be using one as my everyday drive.

Breeland's one of those corners who got burned a lot as a Redskin, but at least part of that was due to the volume of balls thrown his way. With Josh Norman at the other corner, teams threw at Breeland a lot and even the best corners can't defend a perfect pass and route. Teams might only throw at Norman once or twice in a game, and throw ten to twenty balls towards Breeland. Breeland might give up four or five catches and look bad, but in a defense without a Josh Norman and more balanced pass distribution, he'd look a lot better.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News for May 2018!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw

Good luck if you get Breeland...at times he was down right awful thats why the Redskins didn't extend his contract.  But you never know ----a new tam, new coaches and a new scheme might do him wonders.....

@teganslaw @gardenman

TEGAN LOL at your "accident forgiveness comment" on the Cowboy's Williams, Geee what is it with the Cowboys that causes so many of their players to get into trouble....?????  And it's been that way for many years...That's why I chose the Redskins over the Cowboys as my favorite team...too many duis, and "ladies" of the evening, so many drug charges they were called "South America'sTeam" back in the 90's.....

And it looks like Jerry has kept the tradition with a lot of problem players...Williams, Wilson, ...Zeke Elliott, Nolan Caroll, Randy Gregory, Jerry Brown, and Dez who he got rid of...........PLUS many others....Jerry just isn't "the kings of the Cowboys"....he's known as "the owner of second chances" and can't seem to control his players....According to the Dallas press...it isn't officially an "offseason" until one of the Cowboys gets into trouble....

And now they dug themselves a deeper hole losing Dez, Witten, and now probably Williams with a suspension more than likely....If I were Dak Id want to be traded......

I know the Redskins had their share ....Riggo was a one of a kind....but most of that stuff stopped when Vinny Cerrato left and at least Bruce Allen picked players with better character...Gallette was a guy they gave a second chance to, he was involved in an incident with police, but now he's no longer with the team......

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/2017/all/all/

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Here's is something else the Cowboys do that is unique....

by Ralph Warner 5/18/18

Cowboys OL coach Paul Alexander evaluates potential lineman by seeing how they pour ketchup.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

Yeah, Dak's got a lot of new receivers which will be interesting for him. He knew where Witten and Dez would be, but the new guys will be a tad less predictable for him. His interceptions are likely to increase simply because he won't be on the same page as the receivers. The "make a read and dump it to Zeke if the first read isn't open" may not be all that effective. Defenses will start keying on Zeke in the passing game and breaking on him in a hurry if Dak goes off his first read. You're apt to see the ball dumped off to Eliott who's immediately surrounded by four defenders.

Louis Riddick has ranked the NFC East quarterbacks and he's got Wentz first, Alex Smith second, Nick Foles third, Dak fourth and Eli fifth. This will be a big season for both Eli and Dak. They both need to prove they are still viable NFL quarterbacks. Eli may have better weapons, while Dak has a better line, but both need to prove they can play at a high level. Dak's last eight games last year were not impressive. Eli got benched last year. It's possible both teams could have a different starter next year if either quarterback falters. Things aren't much better for Alex Smith. The Redskins invested a fair amount of cap space in him, but they could walk away pretty quickly if he doesn't perform. That NFC East will be interesting to watch.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman

Yep, "poor" Dak I think he's set up for failure and Jerry is expecting way too much from a team that has quite a few holes.

I think Eli's problem was no protection---no Odell---and a defense that didnt play up to their talent...I wonder if it was not just the money that they let JPP go to Tampa.......

It will be interesting to see Alex on the field..

I think your Eagles have the best QB duo in the NFC East....

Throw in the rivalry and it should be fun I can't wait until August....................

Honored Contributor

August is coming fast. Not fast enough, but fast. It looks like I may have lots of free time on my hands as the stupid femur has decided not to heal. I saw my ortho doc on Wednesday and he wants to give it eight more weeks (mid July) then "go from there." Sadly, "go from there" involves a second surgery where the non-union is opened up and the broken edges made raw with bone grafts added in. That will then start another ninety plus day recovery period. It may be mid-season in the NFL season before I'm back up and fully functional. It's been five months already, will be seven in mid July, could be ten months or more before the whole thing is finally done. A word of advice: don't break your femur. Best case scenario is now mid July, more likely somewhere around the end of October, and possibly later. (The bone grafting works 80% of the time, but also fails 20% of the time, so even that's not a sure thing.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Gardenman, sorry to hear about your health problems. That's a long time to have to wait. I hope that you won't need another surgery. Keep us updated on how things are going. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News for May 2018!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman

Sorry to hear about your femur.....hoping for healing and that you wont need a second surgery.....wishing you the best!