Trusted Contributor

That is true that Wentz, Peters, and Sproles can compare notes, etc.

Sproles got hurt in late Sept. and had an ACL tear. He also hurt his arm.

Peters was hurt about a month later in Oct. and sustained both an ACL and MCL tear.

And Wentz was hurt in mid-December and suffered both an ACL and LCL tear. That combo of ACL/LCL ligament tears is considered more serious than an ACL tear alone or an ACL/MCL combination tear.

But the three can definitely boost the others on and be a support group for one another. That will certainly be of enormous benefit in their continued recovery.

Honored Contributor

Jason Witten thinks Dez Bryant should end up in Green Bay as Aaron Rodgers is a quarterback who could make the throws Dez likes. That's kind of a backhanded slam of Dak Prescott who apparently couldn't make those throws.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Quenton Nelson signed a 4 year contract worth 23 million, 15 million of that guaranteed. (The whole contract is guaranteed money.)  It also includes a fifth year option. Nelson is expected to start at left guard, so the Colts have a lot of confidence in him. Nelson has been very impressive in mini camp. He is powerful and has great technique. 

The only draftees not yet signed are DE Darius Leonard and  G Braden Smith. 

Dez and Rodgers would make a good combo; he could replace Jordy Nelson. Jimmy Graham is with the Packers, but I don't know if they got another WR yet. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

I wrote that wrong: 15 million is the bonus, and all of it guaranteed. not just 15 million. 

Also, a "thank you" to the Eagles for letting Frank Reich interview for the HC job. I've seen training camp videos and interviews by Reich, and I feel now that the Colts dodged a bullet by not hiring McDaniels. I realize the season hasn't started, but I like Reich's enthusiasm and his rapport with Ballard. I'm not thinking playoffs, (way too early), but the Colts are headed in the right direction. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Jason Witten thinks Dez Bryant should end up in Green Bay as Aaron Rodgers is a quarterback who could make the throws Dez likes. That's kind of a backhanded slam of Dak Prescott who apparently couldn't make those throws.

@gardenman

I could see that comment being made by any sports analyst EXCEPT Jason Witten, and that's what made it a VERY interesting and surprising remark indeed!!!  And that confirms what we were all saying about Dak........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Josh Norman made it to the finals of DWTS!!!---YAY!!! HTTR!

Image result for josh norman and sharna burgess

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@gardenman

I could see that comment being made by any sports analyst EXCEPT Jason Witten, and that's what made it a VERY interesting and surprising remark indeed!!!  And that confirms what we were all saying about Dak........

Yeah, Witten's the ultimate team guy. For him to say what he said was unexpected. I think his knowledge of Dak's shortcomings may have played a role in his decision to retire. He may have looked around and seen Wentz, Eli, and Alex Smith, and realized Dak was fourth best and unlikely to lead the Cowboys deep into the playoffs. The only real reason for Witten to play would be for the championship. If he knew that wouldn't happen, then retiring made the most sense.I

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

That comment from Jason Witten being read as a slam against Dak Prescott just didn't ring true with what I remember hearing him say about Dak.  Specifically remembered an interview earlier this year on GMF where Witten was giving Dak really high praise. Just googled it and it was on this past Jan. 31. Witten said to Kay Adams that he expects Dak to be a great franchise QB for the Cowboys. And in another Google post from last season Witten said he has never seen a ball thrown by Dak to him that did not go exactly where it should have gone.

So I think Witten was saying that Dez still has a future even though the Cowboys let him go if he is paired with a good QB like Rodgers. I really do not think he was dissing Dak!

Trusted Contributor

Re: NFL News for May 2018!!

[ Edited ]

One other note about  Jason Witten. There were lots of articles about how leaving the Cowboys was a really hard decision for him. He said he had every intention of playing in 2018. He had been attending meetings, etc .. was very enthusiatic about their prospects.

But then ESPN made him the offer to take over ... as he put it ...."John Madden's and Jon Gruden's chair" on Monday Night Football. He said it was something he had only dreamed of ... and after struggling with the decision it was Jerry Jones who gave him the final nudge to do it. And from his emotional good-bye ceremony I think he really did wrestle with it. He comes across as the ultimate in sincerity and integrity. And he said as a child he loved watching MNF ... and to then have this opportunity presented to him was simply an offer he could not refuse! I think he will be great and am looking forward to it!

Honored Contributor

The Eagles are continuing to tweak the roster. They've added a linebacker/special teams ace and yet another small, fast wide receiver. I read an interview with Howie Roseman the other day where he'd planned to take a week off after the Super Bowl and just soak it all in. He woke up early that Monday morning in a panic and realized everyone else had a big head start and he couldn't afford to take any time off and went straight back to work. Expect to see still more roster shuffling as guys they bring in don't fit and get replaced.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!