Honored Contributor

@gardenman

Great Post and yes there are definitely reporters like the ones you described................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Bashing of the "Patriot Way" continues.......

Joining Eagles offensive lineman Lane Johnson in his public bashing of the Patriot Way is Eagles offensive lineman, Brandon Brooks, who never actually played for the Patriots but believes he got a full taste of it while playing for Bill Belichick protege Bill O’Brien in Houston.

Via BleedingGreenNation.com, Brooks sounded off after practice on Tuesday.

“It’s crazy that people haven’t known this,” Brooks said. “It’s been this way for like a decade. . . . Reggie Wayne did it. He retired. He went there [to the Patriots] for a training camp and retired. I was under the same regime in Houston [with O’Brien]. I almost retired. Sh-t was miserable, every day. Every day.

“I came in [as a rookie] under [Gary] Kubiak, who was just an older version of Doug [Pederson], then I went to O’Brien, who was Belichick, and then I came back to Doug, who’s like Kubes, so for me, man, sh-t was great. Like, I cannot tell you how much better this is than it was down there. Like, it’s just night and day. What does [Eagles offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland] say? Happy workers make more productive workers. When you’re not having fun, man, those grinding, those hard-ass nosed days. . . .

"All the media wants to talk about is rings,” Johnson said. “Rings. I’m going to get this ring and never wear it one day. I’m going to put it away in a box. The only thing you’re going to remember from your playing days, you’re not going to remember the scores. You’re going to remember the people you played with and how you felt. And that’s the truth.

“All these guys talking about ‘I’ll take the rings.’ OK. You can have your rings. You can also have 15 miserable years.”

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I think the Patriots' success has less to do with the organization being run like a prison and more to do with having Tom Brady as quarterback and Gronk as a target. Will Belichick adjust and change his ways? I don't know. Tom Coughlin changed later in his career. You can have a very successful looser team also. The Eagles, Seahawks, and other teams have a lot of fun, but still win, so there is another way to do it. I think running the team like a prison can limit your ability to land free agents. Players by and large are young and a bit wild. While they need some discipline, they don't need to be smothered. You could make an argument the Patriots could be even better if Belichick was looser. A lot of players just won't play for the Patriots.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts probably lucked out getting Frank Reich. Josh McDaniels works under Belichick, so he could have brought some of the "Patriot Way" to Indy, and that wouldn't have gone over very well. It's better that he decided to stay with NE. 

Reich is applying some of the same techniques he used in Philadelphia, and everyone knows how that turned out.  That doesn't mean Indy is headed to the Superbowl, but from videos I've seen, Reich seems to be a good fit for the Colts. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I think Frank Reich will be a good coach. They just need better players. Andrew Luck never really had a go-to receiver. The offensive line has been iffy. The defense has been iffy. They just need better players. I saw a photo of Andrew Luck who'd ridden a bike to the Indy 500 and he looked pretty bulked up. I still find it weird that he's not throwing a football. Looking at him, he looks like could throw a football through a brick wall. The dude is built, but still too weak to throw a football?

It may take a year or two for Reich to get the right mix of assistants, but given decent players and some time to develop, he should be good.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

Peyton Manning is chiming in regarding Luck's injury and what he needs to do ....

Andrew Luck hasn’t played in more than a year because of a right shoulder injury. Peyton Manning can relate, though his was a neck issue that kept him out of the 2011 season.

Everything is an individual thing, so you have to be careful speaking on it since injuries are different,” Manning told Mike Wells of ESPN after playing in Wednesday’s Pro-Am at the Memorial in Ohio. “But it’s also universal. For me, I was a [repetition] guy. I liked to get all the reps on practice. The theory of 10,000 reps, I believe in that. I felt like I was kind of behind because I hadn’t gotten the reps even though you have a lot in the bank. It took me a few games before I felt like I was coming back. Getting as many reps as possible is key.”

While the Colts remain confident Luck will play this season, the franchise quarterback has not thrown a football since last October. The plan is for Luck to begin throwing a football sometime between June 14 and the start of training camp.

“For me, coming off missing the entire year with the neck, I knew I was going to have to play a different kind of way, a different sort of physical state,” Manning said. “I was looking for things like positive feedback from receivers on whether the ball felt the same coming in and then when you get into the game and you throw a deep out. We played a preseason game and I threw a deep comeback route, and that was a thing to check off the box. You want to do everything for the first time again. You want to get hit; you want to make a tight throw, have a two-minute drive. I wanted to do all those things again.”

Luck, 28, wants to do all those things again, too. But he’s not there yet.

Honored Contributor

Well the Redskin Exec, Dennis Greene, who was linked to "Cheerleader Gate" has resigned...The resignation was spear headed by a new story by the NY Times which detailed new allegations regarding that Costa Rica trip......

The Vikings are concentrating on Red Zone work with Kirk Cousins....that is a definite area where he was lacking in Redskin games....Some Viking fans are nervous about Cousins and all the money he was paid, they feel the team should have stuck with Case Keenum....Only time will tell..............

Honored Contributor

This is just a fun link, new concepts for new helmets for all 32 teams, they are NOT being developed just an artist's imagination on some updates....Some of them are not much different, the "artist" just made the logo bigger, some changed the colors....Some are good some are downright awful......

http://thebrainypenny.com/brand-new-helmet-designs-for-all-32-nfl-teams/

I liked the new concepts for the Lions, Bengals, Chargers, Dolphins, .Texans, Titans, Rams...

I HATED the design for the Chiefs, Giants, Packers, Ravens, Saints, Seahawks, Steelers, Vikings, Falcons, 49ers..

Rest they were the same bigger logo.............

I didnt care for the Redskins it was basically an old retro design with a modern update---if they were to change the helmet just stick to that actual old retro design which I liked better.....

@teganslaw 

What did you think of the Colts going gray and blue---too much like the Cowboy colors for me....Id prefer your team's current design............

@gardenman

The Eagles was kinda interesting....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I'm not that impressed by the Eagles design. It was okay, but the white background was a bit bland.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

SPURT,  Reggie Wayne was on NFL Total Access this evening and they talked about the Washington Redskins upcoming season. Reggie predicted that Washington would be 8-8 and then changed it to possibly 10-6. The ones that were undecided at first are Atlanta and Houston, but he changed both from losses to wins. 

He predicted Washington would go 3-3 in the NFC East, winning the games at home and losing the ones on the road. He also predicted a win against Indy. In a poll, Alex Smith was voted as the player who would impact Washington the most. It will be interesting how accurate he is. 

Dwight Freeney was also on the show, and he and Wayne talked about how difficult it is to adjust to different teams and coaching changes. I don't have a link, but you can check it out on NFL Network website. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain