Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for September 2020!!!

Parris Campbell has returned to practice. He still has steps to take in the concussion protocol, but this is positive news.

Bruce Arians said that Ronald Jones is still the #1 RB. Leonard Fournette will have to prove himself to become part of the roster. 

The same analysts who predicted winners of 2020 honors stated who they think will win their divisions. 

AFC South: Colts (I hope they're right.)

More winners predicted are:

AFC North: Ravens

NFC South Saints (sorry Brady)

NFC East Cowboys. (Back on the Cowboys bandwagon.) 

Chiefs going back to Superbowl. 

Steelers to be one of the wildcard teams.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Parris Campbell has returned to practice. He still has steps to take in the concussion protocol, but this is positive news.

Bruce Arians said that Ronald Jones is still the #1 RB. Leonard Fournette will have to prove himself to become part of the roster. 

The same analysts who predicted winners of 2020 honors stated who they think will win their divisions. 

AFC South: Colts (I hope they're right.)

More winners predicted are:

AFC North: Ravens

NFC South Saints (sorry Brady)

NFC East Cowboys. (Back on the Cowboys bandwagon.) 

Chiefs going back to Superbowl. 

Steelers to be one of the wildcard teams.

@teganslaw 

Sounds like a reasonable prediction EXCEPT for the NFC East---GO EAGLES 😉 🦅

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

My very early picks for the finishing order in the various divisions is as follows.

AFC East: Bills, Patriots, Jets, Dolphins

AFC North: Ravens, Steelers, Browns, Bengals

AFC South: Texans, Colts, Titans, Jags

AFC West: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers

NFC East: Eagles, Cowboys, WFTs, Giants

NFC North: Packers, Vikings, Bears, Lions

NFC South: Saints, Bucs, Falcons, Panthers

NFC West: Seahawks, Niners, Cards, Rams

A lot of that will change once we see teams start to play. In terms of pure talent, the Browns may be the most talented team. They can just never harness it.

Teams that are just starting to rebuild are the Chargers, Dolphins, Panthers, and Bengals. Teams that seem to be heading to a rebuild are the Lions, Jaguars, maybe Jets, Falcons, and Rams. Teams that are a year or two into their rebuild are the Giants, WFTs, Cards, Browns, Broncos. Stable teams that are likely 8-8 or better and relatively sure playoff contenders would be the Patriots, Bills, Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Titans, Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, Vikings, Bears, Saints, Bucs, Seahawks, and Niners.

Everything changes though once the games start. For now, that's my read on the league.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Shocker! The Cowboys have cut HaHa Clinton-Dix. Not really a shocker given his recent past, but so much for Mike McCarthy reviving Clinton-Dix's career. That weakened the Cowboy's secondary even more than it was.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw 

Here's my early early picks-----

AFC East: Bills, Patriots, Dolphins, Jets

AFC North: Ravens, Browns, Steelers, Bengals

AFC South: Colts,Titans, Texans, Jags

AFC West: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers

NFC East: Eagles, Cowboys, WFTs, Giants

NFC North: Vikings, Packers, Lions,Bears, 

NFC South: Bucs, Saints, Falcons, Panthers

NFC West: Niners, Seahawks,Cards, Rams

Of course, need to see the teams IN ACTION before I can make a good analysis and a real pick....

I know a lot of people are picking the Steelers but I have questions whether Big Ben's elbow surgery and also his age. 

The Titans surprised and laid a good foundation for more successful seasons to come....

The Texans got rid of their best WR and I think Bill O'Brien has lost this team....they have a good QB, but few weapons, and can JJ Watt stay healthy and there's a lot of missing parts,  I think O'Brien will be gone after this year.......

I think the Niners are HUNGRY and driven.....

The Packers just didnt get Aaron enough weapons 

The Saints will be in the playoffs but it looks like they are distracted with off the field issues and Brees is another year older....

I think my favs for the Super Bowl are the Chiefs,  Colts or Ravens in the AFC.  In the NFC its the 49ers, Saints, and Bucs....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Shocker! The Cowboys have cut HaHa Clinton-Dix. Not really a shocker given his recent past, but so much for Mike McCarthy reviving Clinton-Dix's career. That weakened the Cowboy's secondary even more than it was.

@gardenman 

HA HA (sorry couldn't resist!)...... 😄 Darian Thompson looks to be his replacement..... 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@gardenman 

HA HA (sorry couldn't resist!)...... 😄 Darian Thompson looks to be his replacement..... 

@Spurt 

The Cowboys invested a lot in "name" players who were past their prime this offseason. It'll be interesting to see how much those guys contribute. I suspect the Dallas fanbase is now screaming for Earl Thomas to be signed. We'll have to see what Dallas does.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

LOL @Spurt  stop using that WFT name....just call them the redskins until they decide......Smiley Wink

Thanks at @sunshine45  I couldn't figure out what everyone was referring to.  Robot surprised

Honored Contributor

@Wobin wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

LOL @Spurt  stop using that WFT name....just call them the redskins until they decide......Smiley Wink

Thanks at @sunshine45  I couldn't figure out what everyone was referring to.  Robot surprised

The Redskins are no longer officially the Redskins but are now called the Washington Football Team.  We typically just abbreviate it to the WFT. It's not the most creative name in the world, but so far anyway, no one's protesting it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@gardenman 

@Spurt 

The Cowboys invested a lot in "name" players who were past their prime this offseason. It'll be interesting to see how much those guys contribute. I suspect the Dallas fanbase is now screaming for Earl Thomas to be signed. We'll have to see what Dallas does.

@gardenman 

Oh yes, the Boyz fans want their bad boy....but the Cowboys are in cap trouble they only have 14 mill now and the media is predicting a much lower cap than usual next year due to co-vid issues and less income.......And the team still needs to resolve Dak's contract and get him signed...and Earl Thomas will put them further in the hole....and who knows what he will do might end up getting benched or suspended ya never know with these troublemakers....