Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for May 2023!!!

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt

It's going to be an interesting year for the Commanders. The players pretty much know big changes are coming with a new GM  and head coach likely in 2024. No one knows the talent of players on a team better than the players. If the think/believe Howell and Brisett aren't the QB they need, then they're not going to be overly motivated to play hard. "Why should I bust my a** when the offense can't do anything?"

You like to think players will play hard to try and impress the new guys up top, but they often assume another team will take them and give them a chance, so why risk injury now? And when you see the chances a guy like AB gets despite his issues, they can get another chance.

@gardenman 

But what kind of a message is Chase sending to any prospect teams that might be considering him....and its not just this year, it was last year too when he chose to do a commercial and work out on his own instead of working with teammates....And doesnt he need to show ANY team that hes now healthy.....Does he really love football or is he just doing a quick money grab in the NFL.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

DeAndre Hopkins is now a free agent. It'll be interesting to see where he lands.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The New Orleans Saints brought in Jon Gruden to help Derek Carr and the offensive coaching line. Having worked with Carr and Sean Payton before, Gruden knows the system well. I don't know details of his contract. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Gruden hire is interesting as he's still suing the league over releasing his emails. He's a good coach but a bit of a moron and jerk. I'm assuming Gruden and Carr had a good relationship. I wonder if Carr asked the Saints to bring him in?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The Gruden hire is interesting as he's still suing the league over releasing his emails. He's a good coach but a bit of a moron and jerk. I'm assuming Gruden and Carr had a good relationship. I wonder if Carr asked the Saints to bring him in?

@gardenman @teganslaw 

I thought the Gruden move was rather interesting 🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman @teganslaw 

This made me sick....PASS THE PEPTO BISMAL PLEASE

Recently Keyshawn Johnson said a few things about Dak which really ticked a few NFL fans off.

While talking about who is better, Dak Prescott or Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow, Keyshawn opted for Dak and NFL fans absolutely lost it. “I would probably, probably take Dak Prescott,” was his reply when asked to chose between the Cowboys Dak and Joe Burrow.

View post on Twitter
Esteemed Contributor

SPURT, maybe Dak Prescott is better than Joe Burrow because of his Sleep Number bed. Woman LOL

The Colts signed former Giants TE Kaden Smith. They have 6 TEs on the roster; someone might be leaving or added to the practice squad. 

A recent survey showed that 80% of Colts fans asked, believe that Richardson will be the starter week 1. There is  a lot of confidence in him. I don't know if he will start, but wouldn't be surprised.

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I doubt if the Colts know if Richardson will be the starter yet. The OTAs are winding down now and the players wander off for six weeks or so before training camp starts. How much he retains and builds on what he retained will be the first clue. If he hits the ground running in camp and has retained everything, it will be a good omen. If he's forgotten some or most of it, not so good. Then the preseason games will show still more. It'll probably be late August before the Colts know if he's "the guy" or not.

As to the Dak/Burrow question, not a tough call for me. Burrow is better. Dak can be good, but Joe is better.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

SPURT, maybe Dak Prescott is better than Joe Burrow because of his Sleep Number bed. Woman LOL

The Colts signed former Giants TE Kaden Smith. They have 6 TEs on the roster; someone might be leaving or added to the practice squad. 

A recent survey showed that 80% of Colts fans asked, believe that Richardson will be the starter week 1. There is  a lot of confidence in him. I don't know if he will start, but wouldn't be surprised.

@teganslaw 

Yep, that has to be it Dak's bed is the difference......Woman LOL

Washington could use a few of those TE's since the injury bug already hit at that position....Washington even invited XFL Vegas Viper TE Brandon Dillon for a tryout

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Raiders could have QB problems. Jimmy Garoppolo had surgery on his foot in March and hasn't taken the field in OTAs. The team added a clause to his contract stating that if Jimmy G doesn't pass the physical he could be released because of the injury. The Raiders would owe him no money if that happened. If he does pass the physical, the clause is voided. I think that he also has to participate in camp and play a certain amount of snaps. 

If the Raiders release Jimmy G they'll have to sign a player from a different team or go with one of their backups. They know about his injury beforehand, but still decided to sign him. This could turn out to hurt the team or maybe it won't matter. Depends on results of the physical. 

Mark Twain