Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for May 2020!!!

There's a bizarre rumor that the Seahawks offered to trade Russell Wilson to the Browns for the Browns first overall pick in the 2018 draft (that became Baker Mayfield). Uh, okay. I'm betting that's fake news. Trading away a franchise QB in his prime is a very, very rare move. I just don't see the Seahawks being that reckless. If they were that reckless, then the Browns were fools not to make the deal. None of the top four QBs from that draft have played at anything like Russell Wilson's level. Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, and Rosen have all been lesser performers. Lamar Jackson's been the lone star in the group and they could have taken him at 27 if they wanted him since he was still there until 32.

Who would start such a rumor? Maybe the Browns to try and make Mayfield look like a better pick. "The Seahawks were willing to give up Russell Wilson to get Mayfield." It's just a bizarre rumor. I'd be shocked if it was true.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I don't buy that the Seahawks offered to trade Wilson to the Browns. It's a rumor, and the sportwriters needed something to write about.

According to an article, the Colts are the most improved team in the AFC South. They did well in the draft and signed some good players, now prove it by having a winning season and leading the division. Hopefully, they don't have a bunch of injuries. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The big problem for the Colts is DeShaun Watson and JJ Watt. They may be the two best players in the AFC South and can lift the games of those around them. Now Bill O'Brien is doing his best to dismantle the Texans, but as long as he keeps those two guys, the Texans will be a threat. Tennessee's ground attack can be neutered. Tannehill doesn't scare me. Jacksonville and Gardner Minshew don't scare me. The Texans are a bit scary. I think that division will be a two team race.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

DeAndre Hopkins is no longer a threat in the AFC South, so that's good. Watson's new targets, Randall Cobb and Brandin Cooks, aren't as scary as Hopkins was. WR Fuller can cause trouble, though, if he's healthy.  There is still JJ Watt to contend with, and he can be quite disruptive. Too bad Watt is so likeable; it makes things more difficult. Woman LOL

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

LOL @teganslaw   Wyatt really is likeable, isn't he?

All 3 brothers are having some kind of show on, starting

next week (Wednesday??) after  The Mask Singer, I believe.  Doesn't look like

a show that would interest me, but I'll problably tune in just

for the brothers.

Problem with the Texans is they seem to always find a way to

shoot themselves in the foot.  Without that and without some

really stupid play calling, I can see them going far.

Honored Contributor

Well, the Giants and Seahawks just discovered gaping holes at cornerback as one of each teams' starting cornerbacks is being charged with armed robbery and more after stealing over $70,000 worth of cash and watches. Quinton Dunbar of the Seahawks and Deandre Baker of the Giants were a pair of knuckleheads doing knucklehead stuff and now each faces a mandatory minimum of ten years in jail if convicted. (And it's hard to see how they won't be convicted.) 

Baker reportedly lost $70,000 at a party a few days earlier and apparently wanted it back. (Interesting parties these guys attend.) He was apparently playing poker at the latest party, became upset, flipped the table, pulled a gun, and had those with him take the watches and cash from the others there. Well, there goes his NFL career, though Jerry Jones will no doubt be keeping a roster spot open for the guys in say ten to twelve years when they're next available.

Expect both teams to suddenly have an interest in trading for a cornerback. All of this would have been averted in a normal season with OTA's as the guys would be with their respective teams and out of trouble. Sadly, this isn't a normal season. Every coach and GM in the league sweats bullets whenever the players aren't occupied. Guys always seem to find ways to get into trouble when they're free to do as they wish. Now the Giants and Seahawks are each missing a starter at a pretty important position.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Washington is probably relieved that they traded Dunbar. Aren't the players getting paid, is that why some need to resort to robbery? Or can't they live on their high paychecks? 

Expecting the Giants and Seahawks to trade for CB positions soon. Or sign someone from the practice squad.

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Washington is probably relieved that they traded Dunbar. Aren't the players getting paid, is that why some need to resort to robbery? Or can't they live on their high paychecks? 

Expecting the Giants and Seahawks to trade for CB positions soon. Or sign someone from the practice squad.

@teganslaw  @gardenman 

Yah, when it said they lost $70,000 at a party I pictured poker....and the rest of story confirmed it....I read that those card games get pretty serious when it comes to money....SMH!!!!  

Well I guess Ron Rivera is a GOOD judge of character....Quinton was a discontent and when he met with Rivera, his attitude caused Ron not to give him a contract, then Dunbar said pay me or trade me and Ron got rid of him....Ron wants players that have a commitment to the game and changed the Redskin culture rather quickly.....

@gardenman   

And your right, Jerrah has probably made a call to those players and told them he will keep a roster spot open for them.... Smiley Wink 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

LOL @teganslaw   Wyatt really is likeable, isn't he?

All 3 brothers are having some kind of show on, starting

next week (Wednesday??) after  The Mask Singer, I believe.  Doesn't look like

a show that would interest me, but I'll problably tune in just

for the brothers.

Problem with the Texans is they seem to always find a way to

shoot themselves in the foot.  Without that and without some

really stupid play calling, I can see them going far.

@yellowrose 

Yep, everyone likes JJ Watt!!! One of my favorite NFL players!!!! He has such a good heart and does so much in the community.  Hope he can stay healthy .....

Gee, I wish the Texans would get a decent Head Coach and GM and win a Super Bowl....that would certainly take some attention away from your Boyz and focus it on H Town.... Smiley Wink Besides it would be nice to see a great guy like JJ Watt have a Super Bowl ring!! Woman Very Happy  But that wouldnt sit too well with Jerrah .....LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those rumors about trading away Russell Wilson sounds like some NFL Enquirer type fake news....

Here's another one....that Mike Tomlin paid James Harrison cash in an envelope to pay doer a fine for an illegal hit ....Of course Tomlin has been silent and owner Art Rooney II denies it happened.....