Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for May 2020!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw 

As far as most Prime Time games....I guess the Schedule Maker believes Jerrah's hype that they are still "America's Team" even though they haven't won a Super Bowl since 1996....(YEP THATS THE 90's IM TALKING ABOUT!)  Woman Frustrated Most curious!!! On the bright side, that gives the Cowboys more exposure WHEN THEY LOSE Woman LOL  And they will be ragged on more by the national media!! 

On ESPN Mike Wells is predicting a 10-6 season for the Colts.... Smiley Happy 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

That first Redskins game is kind of scary. A new head coach, a new staff, new systems, the Eagles won't have a lot of film to prepare for the Redskins. It's hard to prepare for a mystery team. Will Rivera make wholesale changes to what he did as a Panther? 

You pretty much have to go into a game like that preparing to counterpunch. You can plan to be aggressive on offense, but on defense you have to adopt a more bend don't break approach. You can unleash the d-line on the offensive line, but your linebackers and DBs have to play conservatively. You don't want a McLaurin getting behind you. It's a bit tricky playing a team you won't have film on.

The league is reportedly looking at finding alternate training camp sites for teams in areas that might still be shut down in July. The Giants, Jets, Eagles, Steelers, Bills, Ravens, Redskins, and a few others could all need to relocate their training camps to an open part of the country. That could be interesting. Do teams share a camp with another team? It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

SB Nation is a bit off in their estimation in my opinion. I think this was a pretty good offseason for the Eagles. We'll find out starting in September.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Well depending on our virus numbers, our Mayor is interested in getting the NFL to our city, he wanted the draft but doesnt look like thats possible at all, but maybe an NFL training camp....our city offered that before to the Raiders when their new stadium was being built and they didnt know if Oakland would give them another year's lease....we have the 65,000 seat Alamo Dome Stadium that the Saints used during Katrina....and if colleges dont open up there's several college facilities they could use---UTSA, Trinity, Incarnate Word..... even the "rockpile" a very nice High School Stadium that has artificila turf and could be used....COME ON DOWN NFL!!!  Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Yep, I guess you are right, opponents wont know what Ron Rivera and Scott Turner will do with our offense and defense....and especially incorporating a few of the drafted rookies too....At least we have some advantage going into the season....

Trusted Contributor

Hello everyone - hope everyone is doing well.

Haven't read all 10 pages of the May thread, but from what I read, seems

like Dak & the Cowboys are still a hot topic.  Maybe rather than giving the title

"NFL News & Notes", the monthly title should be "DIss the Cowboys...and Other

Stuff"  LOL

We keep everyone talking, that's for sure. Embrace the love, laugh at

the haters.   Even without a SB appearance in seems like forever.....

good or bad, win or lose, Cowboys bring in Prime money for Prime

time.  And it doesn't matter who is at QB - people will tune in just to watch

the Cowboys.  Even if their tuning in to watch them lose.

About Dak - I can't believe anyone even cares anymore.  YAWN!!

In the DC chat room I belong to, we havent discussed him in a long time.

We all figured he'll get $$$$$, too much of it, close to the July deadline.

many of us wouldn't care if he walked.  There's a new red head in town,

as I'm sure you know.Woman LOL   As long as he doesn't clap, he can stay.

Actually nice to see a Texas boy come home again.

Take care everyone.  Hopefully we'll have football in a few months.

New coaches, unknown QB.....don't know what to expect from my team, but 

I'm excited to find out.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that we don't have the Giants for our first game.

Happy Belated Mothers Day, Moms.

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

Hello everyone - hope everyone is doing well.

Haven't read all 10 pages of the May thread, but from what I read, seems

like Dak & the Cowboys are still a hot topic.  Maybe rather than giving the title

"NFL News & Notes", the monthly title should be "DIss the Cowboys...and Other

Stuff"  LOL

We keep everyone talking, that's for sure. Embrace the love, laugh at

the haters.   Even without a SB appearance in seems like forever.....

good or bad, win or lose, Cowboys bring in Prime money for Prime

time.  And it doesn't matter who is at QB - people will tune in just to watch

the Cowboys.  Even if their tuning in to watch them lose.

About Dak - I can't believe anyone even cares anymore.  YAWN!!

In the DC chat room I belong to, we havent discussed him in a long time.

We all figured he'll get $$$$$, too much of it, close to the July deadline.

many of us wouldn't care if he walked.  There's a new red head in town,

as I'm sure you know.Woman LOL   As long as he doesn't clap, he can stay.

Actually nice to see a Texas boy come home again.

Take care everyone.  Hopefully we'll have football in a few months.

New coaches, unknown QB.....don't know what to expect from my team, but 

I'm excited to find out.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that we don't have the Giants for our first game.

Happy Belated Mothers Day, Moms.

Smiley Very Happy

@yellowrose 

I hope you are doing well!!! 

The Cowboys may be the talk of the NFL for one reason or another, perhaps it because that the Cowboys seem to have an egotistigal, arrogant President and General Manager if it's not Tex Schramm, it's the current one Jerry Jones....Always the Showman, he makes Barnum & Bailey look like amateurs..... Smiley Wink

He's really drawn this Dak stuff out....YAWN!!!

LOVED LOVED LOVED your comment--- "

There's a new red head in town,

as I'm sure you know.Woman LOL   As long as he doesn't clap, he can stay."  Woman LOL Woman LOL

Dalton is from Katy (near Houston) and he went to college at TCU....(north Texas)....everyone knows THE BEST NFL players come from SOUTH TEXAS..Marcus Davenport, Priest Holmes, Warren McVay, Glenn & Lyle Blackwood, Cody Carlson, Bruce Collie, Ty Detmer, Tommy Kramer, and 3 current Rams--Malcom Brown, Josh Reynolds, and Ramon Richards Smiley Wink

Oh well....at least I HOPE Thanksgiving will be exciting and not just because of turkey and pumpkin pie!  Woman Very Happy

Thanksgiving NFL games: Betting, chowing down and winning

Take Care!!! Stay Safe!!!

Esteemed Contributor

"Diss the Cowboys and other stuff." LOL. I don't dislike the Cowboys, but Jerry Jones does make things entertaining.

The Colts have a Thursday night game @ Tennessee, if that counts. A lot of the primetime scheduling has to do with ratings, something Reich didn't mention. They figure which teams would draw the most interest, and the Cowboys are always getting attention, both negative and positive. 

10-6 record for the Colts sounds about right. I figure that they will split with the Jaguars (Jags always are a tough team to play), probably lose to the Jets (Indy doesn't have a good record against them). The Steelers, Raiders and Vikings too close to call. Going on past seasons, the Colts will win against tough teams and lose to teams below 500. 

Move over Brady: Tua Tagovailoa jerseys are the top selling item on NFL shop.It seems that Dolphin fans feel they have a franchise QB; time will tell how that works out.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Tua is a boom or bust kind of guy. A whole lot will depend on his health. He's had multiple surgeries while in college which doesn't generally bode well for the future. 

The Dolphins haven't had a true franchise QB since Marino, so you can understand the fans' enthusiasm as they hope they've finally fixed that issue. I hope for their sake he stays healthy. Some teams just seem cursed at QB. The Dolphins and Browns have gone forever without a quality QB. Mayfield may be the Brown's answer at QB. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Funny and maybe a bit embarrassing, but a few months ago I didn't know

if a "Tua" was a Person, Place, or Thing.. Woman Embarassed 

I don't always keep up with the big names

in college football.  But of course I have sinced learned about this PERSON.

Sounds like Tua will have all eyes upon him.

I wish him well.

So I read that the Giants will be running the Jason Garrett offense.

This should be interesting.  I expect the Giants to be a better team

this year.  Will that be because of JG or in spite of him?

Lots to look for this season.  Going to be an interesting start.

(Hopefully we have a start)

Can't wait.

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose 

The Giants will be an interesting team to watch. They have to figure out a way to spread the field. Teams want to crowd the line of scrimmage to stop Barkley, and the Giants mostly have slot receivers who stay shallow making it easy for the defense to stay close to the line of scrimmage.

Changing systems on a young QB is typically not a great idea. Daniel Jones will have his work cut out for him adjusting to a new pro style offense. Last year it was the West Coast offense, this year it's the Air Coryell system. They're not especially comparable systems. He's got to learn new reads, new terminology, and new adjustments. It takes a kid QB about three years to fully learn a system, and each time you change systems, you reset that process. It'll be interesting to see how Jones and Haskins with the Redskins adjust. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!