Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for March 2019!!!

Lots of rumors and whispers that the Browns are on the cusp of doing something really big. No one seems to know what exactly, but I'm guessing some sort of a blockbuster trade.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It sounds like the Browns have agreed to a big trade, but are waiting to announce anything until the players involved have been notified. That can take some time in the offseason.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

Wonder what this blockbuster in Cleveland is? AND @gardenman where do u get ur intel? Hope I can sleep tonight wondering.......😉

Trusted Contributor

Maybe the Brownies got Odell Beckham, Jr. They have draft picks to die for.
Honored Contributor

@SITRN wrote:

Wonder what this blockbuster in Cleveland is? AND @gardenman where do u get ur intel? Hope I can sleep tonight wondering.......😉

Mostly on Twitter. I follow a lot of football writers and insiders there and you learn more faster there than elsewhere. This could have been someone playing games with them though, as we've still heard nothing. Looking at the Brown's roster had me thinking maybe they were bundling Myles Garrett and a pick to get someone like an OBJ, but even if one or more players were on the other side of the world, they should have had time to notify them by now. It could have been a false alarm. Maybe we'll hear something later today. We'll have to see. Lots of players travel a lot this time of year, so it's still possible they're trying to track a guy down to let him know he's been traded.

Twitter is especially good on draft days as the picks often show up there before the card has even been turned in. In later rounds the TV tends to let picks slip by then catch up, but Twitter has them instantly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

Think I’ll just follow u for my intel. 

Interested in where all these free agents are gonna go. Keep us posted. We are all counting on u!

Honored Contributor

Free agency looked heavy in defensive ends originally, but most were either signed by their old team or tagged. Now we've got a glut of safeties on the market. If you need a safety, this is the free agency year for you. There are young ones (Collins) older guys (lots) and some pro bowl caliber guys. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Free agency looked heavy in defensive ends originally, but most were either signed by their old team or tagged. Now we've got a glut of safeties on the market. If you need a safety, this is the free agency year for you. There are young ones (Collins) older guys (lots) and some pro bowl caliber guys. 

@gardenman 

That helps my Redskins ---the team needs safety and a CB....as well as Oline, WR, LB, TE....and some say Bruce may grab a QB....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

The only healthy (relatively speaking) quarterback the Redskins have on their roster now is Colt McCoy. (He's coming off a  broken leg also.) They need at least three for OTA's and training camp. They've got to find at least a couple of QB's somewhere. The draft, free agency, through a trade, or the AAF, but they need some bodies. They need a competent backup for McCoy at the very least and a camp arm. Quarterbacks throw a ton of passes in training camp so most teams go into camp with a minimum of three guys and typically four. You don't want to wear out the arm of your top guy. 

There's talk they were in the hunt for Flacco. (They deny it but others insist it was true.) There are rumors they want Josh Rosen. (But at what price? The fifteenth pick? He's probably better than any QB you could get at fifteen this year.) A free agent? Maybe more than one? If you're Teddy Bridgewater, you wouldn't mind competing against Colt McCoy. Teddy could become a longterm starter if Alex Smith can't come back. Teddy will likely be pricey though. Can they afford him? The Redskins have lots of problems. Who knows, maybe they'll trade to get Kirk Cousins back? How ironic would that be? He did beat out Colt McCoy for the starting job though while a Redskin, so you can assume he's better than Colt. It'll be fun to see how it all plays out. OTA's start in April, so they need to find at least one arm between now and then.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

Redskin QB options

Im glad the Redskins didn't go for Flacco.I wouldnt want to spend money on a 34 yr old with back problems....

Bruce will probably bring back Josh Johnson or sign a veteran free agent like Ryan Fitzpatrick Tyrod Taylor, or Teddy Bridgewater---that seems in tune with Bruce's style....He did ask about Bridgewater at the combine .  If Cardinals go Murray then perhaps Rosen could be had for Cousin's 3rd round compensation pick, or a second....or a second and a third over 2 seasons...

There is the possibility of drafting a QB at 15. Drew Lock didn’t jump up draft boards at the Combine like some predicted. Neither did Daniel Jones. But there's a line for QB suitors too--Cardinals are a maybe, then there's Giants, Dolphins, Jags...maybe Broncos. Ryan Finley has garnered attention former GM Lou Riddick raved about him, he played in pro style offense, reads the field well, and he could be there at the end of the first or second round.... Will Grier and Brett Rypien are also options. 

Dwayne Haskins seems less likely to last until 15, BTW  Haskins played locally at The Bullis School and was a high school classmate with Redskins’ owner Dan Snyder’s son. 

This is something new---If Bengals want to explore a new QB option, but cant find trade partner for Dalton and he's cut ....Jay & Andy could be reunited...thats a rumor!!!  ROFL....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”